Homesickness "grass is greener" syndrome

Wikiposts

Homesickness "grass is greener" syndrome

Old Aug 18th 2007, 2:16 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Homesickness "grass is greener" syndrome

Originally Posted by lisag8070
Thank you and may I say thats the biggest, bestest compliment I've received all day
in the world...
Old Aug 18th 2007, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
I give up
Sally, you are banging your head on a wall, he chose the name Surly for himself, even he already new!!!!!!!!!!!

Uk was/is a dump, USA shangri-la, nowt more to say. The only way he or she can justify emigrating to USA, is to say its perfect, otherwise will have to admit to family & friends, "The grass was not as green as he thought"

As for the other persons 20 million illegals, like the place, thats easy, they mostly came from the countries that are attached to USA, close by boat. Plus of course its the easiest place to get into. There is nowt clever about that.
Frank R.
Old Aug 18th 2007, 2:32 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally
in the world...
Old Aug 18th 2007, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

pre-miere on this channel...
Old Aug 18th 2007, 4:50 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree! the reason we came here, it was our dream to see the world and actually experience living in different countries, we've seen most of Europe so when a job offer came in USA we took it, ..............I'm on a H4 which means I cannot contribute anything! so this is what I bitch about, not the Yanks in general, although some do come up with the silliest questions..but about the system, .............Thank you and goodnight...
I do so empathise with your situation. I don't call the H4 the devil's visa for nothing...

How long have you been here then? And I hope you'll manage to get that sorted soon.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 1:59 am
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I do so empathise with your situation. I don't call the H4 the devil's visa for nothing...

How long have you been here then? And I hope you'll manage to get that sorted soon.
Hi Elvira
We've been here nearly 6 yrs now and our H1B is coming to an end, we have started the GC process (just because work is here) but unfortunately we had to use the Company's Lawyer who happened to be the most imcompitent arse in the whole world, they screwed up the GC process (they didn't start it till June 07) and our H1B finishes in Jan 08, which means that come the new year, we have to go home for a year....Never trust company Lawyers, always keep on top of them to make sure they're doing their job..:curse:

P.S. Great name for the H4
Old Aug 19th 2007, 2:42 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

We had a great company Lawyer...got all our info in the first week...found out our daughter would time out under 3 years...so started the greencard the next week...
Old Aug 19th 2007, 2:46 am
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by krizzy
We had a great company Lawyer...got all our info in the first week...found out our daughter would time out under 3 years...so started the greencard the next week...
Good news, hope everything goes well
Old Aug 19th 2007, 2:52 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Good news, hope everything goes well
Our greencards came 5 years ago...it was a bit tight....daughter was a few weeks off 21....so it was a good thing he was on the ball noticing our daughters age...we were green about visa's back then...but also this was only going to be a move for a few years for us not a life changing move...but once the greencards started we stayed here...
Old Aug 19th 2007, 2:58 am
Last orders please...

Originally Posted by krizzy
Our greencards came 5 years ago...it was a bit tight....daughter was a few weeks off 21....so it was a good thing he was on the ball noticing our daughters age...we were green about visa's back then...but also this was only going to be a move for a few years for us not a life changing move...but once the greencards started we stayed here...
Thats what will probably happen with us, this wasn't a life changing move but I think IF we get the GC we'll probably stay here as long as the work is (as in my OH's field, there's nothing going on in europe) so we have to stay where the work is at the moment..
Old Aug 19th 2007, 5:10 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Elvira
We've been here nearly 6 yrs now and our H1B is coming to an end, we have started the GC process (just because work is here) but unfortunately we had to use the Company's Lawyer who happened to be the most imcompitent arse in the whole world, they screwed up the GC process (they didn't start it till June 07) and our H1B finishes in Jan 08, which means that come the new year, we have to go home for a year....Never trust company Lawyers, always keep on top of them to make sure they're doing their job..:curse:

P.S. Great name for the H4
I'm confused: if you have filed for your GCs, you should be able to extent the H1b on a yearly basis until approval, and you should be able to file for work authorization. Ot am I missing something?

(BTW, I agree - never ever trust the company lawyers/advisers......... if only I'd known :curse
Old Aug 19th 2007, 5:28 am
Last orders please...

I'm confused: if you have filed for your GCs, you should be able to extent the H1b on a yearly basis until approval, and you should be able to file for work authorization. Ot am I missing something?

(BTW, I agree - never ever trust the company lawyers/advisers......... if only I'd known :curse
We haven't even got the LC yet, and you can only extend your H1B yearly is if the filed LC has been pending for more than a year, which means our H1B will run out before this happens....the only hope we've got is if we get the LC before Jan 08 then we can renew, but thats just all based on luck, rubbing the rabbit foot and carrying a four leave clover, what can I say besides stupid bloody Lawyer should have known this!! :curse:

P.S. what was your problem with the Lawyer, if you don't mind me asking?
Old Aug 19th 2007, 5:33 am
Homebody

....P.S. what was your problem with the Lawyer, if you don't mind me asking?
Long story. DH works for big university with large department that supposedly deals with all the international scholars. Problem is they seemed to know diddly squatt, personal kept changing, they messed up paperwork... ladiladida...

DH did not need LC but for some reasons - which still aren't clear to me - it still took more than 4 years to get the GCs. And my oldest son is still waiting for his, 6 years later. All they can tell us is 'name check pending'.

The whole H1b 'system' is a flucking disgrace.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 5:35 am
Last orders please...

Long story. DH works for big university with large department that supposedly deals with all the international scholars. Problem is they seemed to know diddly squatt, personal kept changing, they messed up paperwork... ladiladida...

DH did not need LC but for some reasons - which still aren't clear to me - it still took more than 4 years to get the GCs. And my oldest son is still waiting for his, 6 years later. All they can tell us is 'name check pending'.

The whole H1b 'system' is a flucking disgrace.
I'm just glad you got them!

and about the H1b's - I'll second and third that
Old Aug 19th 2007, 8:11 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

We haven't even got the LC yet, and you can only extend your H1B yearly is if the filed LC has been pending for more than a year, which means our H1B will run out before this happens....the only hope we've got is if we get the LC before Jan 08 then we can renew, but thats just all based on luck, rubbing the rabbit foot and carrying a four leave clover, what can I say besides stupid bloody Lawyer should have known this!! :curse:

P.S. what was your problem with the Lawyer, if you don't mind me asking?
Is your LC filed? Ours took just under 6 months and that was under the PERM system. It should have been quicker but we seemed to file when the world and his wife were also filing.Also we had to file at Atlanta which was moving very slowly but has now speeded up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.