Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Here we go again!

Here we go again!

Old Aug 6th 2009, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here we go again!

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Thread is interesting - we are getting a tour of the US!

I've only been to Albuquerque NM a couple of times, but - I'd definitely give it a try if others comment positively about the schools/etc. NM and AZ are two states I've discovered 'recently', and they both have a certain 'style' / 'attitude' that I find attractive compared to others in the US. Still too early for me to have a stronger opinion, but I'd consider giving it a shot. I've always been attracted to the 'West', due to the attitude of the people (and the weather); the 'South-West' seems to be a variation on that, one that is quite refreshing.

I've been working in Phoenix, AZ for the past 5 months or so and am finding it most intriguing. I think the weather in NM is very attractive. Santa Fe is a great city to visit, too!

We did a tour about 12 years ago through about 5 or 6 States that surrounded TX, we spent about 3 days in NM then and we really liked it. We were really impressed by Taos (sp?)

AZ is be a State that we would be happy to see an opening in too, inlaws live in CA and we have been through AZ a few times, nice climate there too, it sounds like you are enjoying it there

Thanx for the response SP
Old Aug 6th 2009, 3:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Here we go again!

Originally Posted by nethead
The only person I can think of living in NM on here is AdobePinon, but I think he's in Santa Fe?? Not sure. Maybe PM him and see if he can give you any better info.
Thank you Nethead