Guns?

Old Jun 7th 2005, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Guns?

Originally Posted by edwords
Mayor of a different caliber--A story about my town's mayor and his in-home shooting range.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...nbragsZ12.html
Yeah... nice guy...

Mayor Berman a softy? Hardly. For target practice, he said he "used to use pictures of the Ayatollah Khomeini."
Old Jun 7th 2005, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by edwords
Mayor of a different caliber--A story about my town's mayor and his in-home shooting range.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...nbragsZ12.html
Ain't it sweet. Like a living, breathing Norman Rockwell painting.
Old Jun 7th 2005, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Guns don't kill people, wappers do.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 1:46 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MightBe
Woosers.
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with the different types of guns. Is that anything like an Uzi, or a Bazooka?
Old Jun 8th 2005, 1:41 pm
Bishop John MightBe

MightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond reputeMightBe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
Guns don't kill people, wappers do.
Shit!! and I really liked the Burger King ones ...
Old Jun 9th 2005, 12:50 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MightBe
Shit!! and I really liked the Burger King ones ...
You eat the wappers?

NC Penguin
Old Jun 9th 2005, 2:03 am
Perfumdiva1

Originally Posted by ScyLarc
A friends neighbour (who's a cop) recently put the fear of god into them by telling lots of horrific story's of the awful things he sees when he's on his rounds. He has told them everyone should have a gun and they are crazy if they don't. It's got them convinced and they are going to take trips to his shooting range to test some out. I think owning a gun is madness, the sheer idea of having one in the house terrifies me. I don't buy the protection argument, if someone creeps into your house you aren't going to have time to get your gun and shoot them. I think you are far more likely to either be shot with it yourself or accidentally shoot a member of your own family.

I knew before i moved here that lots of Americans are very comfortable owning guns or rifles but i have been surprised at my severity of my reaction to the mere thought of owning a gun. I'm sure i need to stop thinking of them in UK terms, (it never crossed my mind that any of my UK neighbours may have owned a fire arm) and I do wonder if i should just get used to the fact that a large number of people do have weapons.

I guess it got me wondering how many of us ex-pats have become used the the level of gun ownership here and if so have you got any tips how i can become less worried by the fact that my neighbours are probably sleeping with a loaded gun in their bedside cabinets!
We have lived in the US for 8 years, and have never got used to the gun culture here

We, as parents always check with new kids parents, if they have firearms, and how are they stored, before our kids go to someone new house.

We owned shot guns in the UK, and were checked by the local bobbies, once a year I think, as to how we stored the gun and how far away the ammo was kept from the gun itself.

We just used these for clay shooting, and nothing else, even though we lived in the country.

We also used to live in Louisianna, and it used to freak me out when I saw some guy driving a truck infront on me, with his shotgun hanging from the back window.

Still freaks me out, just a few weeks ago, a kid was shot in the head, not too far from where I live, because it was a inneation (sp?) test for 4 black boys, and yes, they were black boys, for their gang, they had to break into 3 houses and kill a white rich boy, all in the same night, which they did. The boy they shot, and killed, was 19, and his girlfriend was with him in the car at the time, and they just happened to be stopping at a 4 way stop, when this happened.

They caught the "shooter" who was 17, I think.

So, yes, I still worry every day about guns, especially when my eldest is nearly able to drive on his own in the evenings, and this could have happened to him, just because he was there..

I just makes me sick to the stomach, that these things happen, just for fun, or for a dare

As far as I am concerned, the USA is the sesspit of gun crime, and it will only get worse, and Britian is sure to follow suit

So, there is no way, you can get used to your neighbours gun habits, and if you have kids, check check and check again, or you may live to regret it

But that is just my humble opinion and experience, and I am sure many of you disagree..

PD1

Old Jun 9th 2005, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1

Still freaks me out, just a few weeks ago, a kid was shot in the head, not too far from where I live, because it was a inneation (sp?) test for 4 black boys, and yes, they were black boys, for their gang, they had to break into 3 houses and kill a white rich boy, all in the same night, which they did. The boy they shot, and killed, was 19, and his girlfriend was with him in the car at the time, and they just happened to be stopping at a 4 way stop, when this happened.
Although that's more of a gang problem than a gun problem. They would kill with a knife for 'initiation'.

What's more worrying is that some kids feel it's necessary to join a gang in the first place.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:07 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey

What's more worrying is that some kids feel it's necessary to join a gang in the first place.
some places they have to, be in one for safety or be killed...speaking of, BIL, when he was out looking for colleges, one college offered to pay his expenses and fee's if he went, just don't wear red or green, don't leave campus after certain hours and use the campus bus to get around campus at night....supposed to be a really good uni as well, but that somewhat put him off *l*
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Dant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud ofDant3 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Although that's more of a gang problem than a gun problem. They would kill with a knife for 'initiation'.
The difference, though slight, being that a gun allows you to distance yourself from the violence. A knife requires physical effort, one-on-one contact and blood. A gun allows you to cowardly pull the trigger from a distance and walk away. The guns that gang members use are, of course, stolen from the idiots who legally own them but keep them in the nightstand.

Whether you are in Los Angeles, Belfast, Paris or Rio, whereever you find poverty and a general lack of hope amongst the young male population, you will always have gangs.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dant3
The difference, though slight, being that a gun allows you to distance yourself from the violence. A knife requires physical effort, one-on-one contact and blood. A gun allows you to cowardly pull the trigger from a distance and walk away. The guns that gang members use are, of course, stolen from the idiots who legally own them but keep them in the nightstand.

Whether you are in Los Angeles, Belfast, Paris or Rio, whereever you find poverty and a general lack of hope amongst the young male population, you will always have gangs.
Yes, take away the gangs and a large portion of gun related homicides would disappear, and probably so would most of the anti-gun lobby.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Guelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I didn't know whether I would feel comfortable using a firearm but having had the training, plus instruction from the other half who's used pistols in the past (as a teenager, all legally of course), I'm feel I can trust myself with firearms. Regular practise all helps tremendously. No point having firearms without practise to at least keep up skills.

<<snip>>
NC Penguin
My husband never goes anywhere without his gun ... sleeps with it under his pillow, drives with it under his leg, and wears a bum bag so that he can carry it everywhere he goes! To be honest, I've never taken much notice of it, I think I just took it as the done thing here (that is, if you're allowed to carry a gun in public, which my husband is) ... even though I'm from the UK and hadn't even been in the same room as a gun before coming here.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Guelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
And to those who say they prefer if only criminals and cops have guns....I hope this makes you feel safer.
Seen it before ... doesn't make you feel safer, but it is bloody hilarious!
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:49 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by Guelder Rose
... but it is bloody hilarious!
Thats very true.

Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:53 pm
ImHere

Been in a lot of gun and knife fights have you?

Wherever you find humans to you will find gangs. A gang doesnt have to be crime related. Gangs - or Tribes - are a natural state for humans and the natural tendency is if you arent in the gang then you are against it. Whether its racial, national, favourite team, pub, village, street, family, politcal party or organisation we are all in gangs and have the gang mentality.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.