Wikiposts

Friends

Old May 26th 2007, 2:50 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friends

Anyway !!!! Is having sex standing up a good birth control method .....
Old May 26th 2007, 2:51 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Anyway !!!! Is having sex standing up a good birth control method .....
Do you need the long answer or the short one............. is it an emergency...
Old May 26th 2007, 2:52 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Do you need the long answer or the short one............. is it an emergency...
All opinions are good ...
Old May 26th 2007, 2:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Naaahhhhhhhhhh............... let's just tickle her a little!!

Okay - let's tickle her a lot...
Nononono I'm SOOOOO ticklish. It's gonna be in a prenuptial agreement with Keith - NO tickling!
Old May 26th 2007, 3:54 am

Lycanthrop is an unknown quantity at this point

One of my little darlings is doing a summer course at Berkeley.
.....................PS: Berkeley is not a private college - in fact the University of California is generally considered one of the cheaper state schools...
Wondered about this one recently.......just out of curiosity. Which is more expensive, US or UK degree? I have no idea what it costs in the UK as 1) I was a drop out before I emigrated and 2) It was free then anyway......

Now I got my BS (vis slow boat to China) going 2 years full steam for the AAS over 2 years..........and then a further 6 years P/T taking 2 classes at 8 credits/semester.

So (very rough) costs......attending State Uni of New York:

2 years F/T........$7000 in loans, equal in grant money (tuit costs were about $7000 for all 4 sems plus some summer classes)

6 years P/T........(reimbursed by employers, generally) was approx $100/credit hour........so with books about $1000/Sem........which is, say $14000

So by going F/T & P/T and discounting reimbursements from employers, the degree cost was on the order of $21,000.

Now........by going F/T at the same State Uni for all 4 years you would now pay annually $16K (incl. room and board)........so thats $64,000

........or if you choose the Junior College option to start off, you reduce it to around $52,000

Now there are private schools in the area also such as Union and RPI.....which are a massive leap higher in fees than the SUNY system.......

So what?.........it cost me prob between 9 and 12 grand of which around half I am now paying off in loans.........as opposed to 52 to 64 grand overall and that is just a State School.........

So do the UK (run of the mill) Uni fees come close or are they cheaper/more expensive?
Old May 26th 2007, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lycanthrop
Wondered about this one recently.......just out of curiosity. Which is more expensive, US or UK degree? I have no idea what it costs in the UK as 1) I was a drop out before I emigrated and 2) It was free then anyway......

Now I got my BS (vis slow boat to China) going 2 years full steam for the AAS over 2 years..........and then a further 6 years P/T taking 2 classes at 8 credits/semester.

So (very rough) costs......attending State Uni of New York:

2 years F/T........$7000 in loans, equal in grant money (tuit costs were about $7000 for all 4 sems plus some summer classes)

6 years P/T........(reimbursed by employers, generally) was approx $100/credit hour........so with books about $1000/Sem........which is, say $14000

So by going F/T & P/T and discounting reimbursements from employers, the degree cost was on the order of $21,000.

Now........by going F/T at the same State Uni for all 4 years you would now pay annually $16K (incl. room and board)........so thats $64,000

........or if you choose the Junior College option to start off, you reduce it to around $52,000

Now there are private schools in the area also such as Union and RPI.....which are a massive leap higher in fees than the SUNY system.......

So what?.........it cost me prob between 9 and 12 grand of which around half I am now paying off in loans.........as opposed to 52 to 64 grand overall and that is just a State School.........

So do the UK (run of the mill) Uni fees come close or are they cheaper/more expensive?
From what little I know (from Scottish fiance) tuition in Scotland is still free.

The thing for a lot of people, both us and uk is costs of lodging etc. also.
Old May 26th 2007, 4:00 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

..........do the UK (run of the mill) Uni fees come close or are they cheaper/more expensive?
There are no private universities in the UK (okay, there may be one or two, but I would imagine 99%+ of British students attend 'normal' state-run universities. In England and Wales the fees are 3000 pounds a year (for 3 years for an UG degree). Scottish universities still do not charge a bean.

HTH!
Old May 26th 2007, 4:03 am
Homebody

Originally Posted by Tracym
...The thing for a lot of people, both us and uk is costs of lodging etc. also.
My son was paying over 11 grand for his dorm at UCLA. That included 8 meals a week.

But of course it's term time only.

And I should mention that this was for a TRIPLE room.
Old May 26th 2007, 4:21 am

There are no private universities in the UK (okay, there may be one or two, but I would imagine 99%+ of British students attend 'normal' state-run universities. In England and Wales the fees are 3000 pounds a year (for 3 years for an UG degree). Scottish universities still do not charge a bean.

HTH!
$18000 for a BS then in the UK.........now here, as you know, there are a ton of add-on fees and expenses. Books, college fees, health ins, parking, lab fees......not to mention room and board.

So how much more is the $18k now adjusted to? It sounds like it still may be cheaper in the UK........ Allthough, aren't they still not geared for the P/T adult student.......?
Old May 26th 2007, 4:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My son was paying over 11 grand for his dorm at UCLA. That included 8 meals a week.

But of course it's term time only.

And I should mention that this was for a TRIPLE room.
I don't think Keith's lodging is much cheaper if at all, tho I'm not absolutely sure at the moment. If you meant that cost for a year. Not a triple room though (ugh, eek, I can hardly imagine what those must look like - one college kid can make enough mess).

Personally, I'm sure in general the US tuition is higher. Just that there's a lot of wierd scholorships, and lots of grants, and etc. So a person might be able to go fairly cheaply at a state school, if they/their family does not have a lot of resources.
Old May 26th 2007, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by Tracym
..................Personally, I'm sure in general the US tuition is higher. Just that there's a lot of wierd scholorships, and lots of grants, and etc. So a person might be able to go fairly cheaply at a state school, if they/their family does not have a lot of resources.

I once bought the "very big book of scholarships" to try to apply for as much as I could.......it turned out I wasn't eligible for much at all as I am Male, white, have all my limbs and straight.......

Scholarships seemed to kick in mostly after 2 years after a JC and then the big ones were for the private schools and even so, proportionally not much more than what you might get for a State school. Also the number of scholarships wasn't very high, so unless you were a 4.0 student (which I was after 2yrs ) you didn't have a lot of chances there anyway.

It seems that they are nice and take a bit of the sting off the costs, but I saw that they weren't enough to get you through fully........
Old May 26th 2007, 4:33 am
Homebody

I wonder to what extent UK universities hassle parents for donations?

Seriously: not a month goes by when we do not receive a letter - or a PHONE CALL!!! - asking us to contribute to the "Parents' Fund" of one or the other of our sons colleges.

We currently have THREE sons at college, paying out tens of thousands a year for fees, books, dorms, living expenses etc etc. Do they REALLY expect us to make donations on top of that? :curse:

I keep telling them this when they phone, and ask them - very politely!! - to please stop calling and sending us mailings. But will they listen? Will they heck...
Old May 26th 2007, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I wonder to what extent UK universities hassle parents for donations?

Seriously: not a month goes by when we do not receive a letter - or a PHONE CALL!!! - asking us to contribute to the "Parents' Fund" of one or the other of our sons colleges.

We currently have THREE sons at college, paying out tens of thousands a year for fees, books, dorms, living expenses etc etc. Do they REALLY expect us to make donations on top of that? :curse:

I keep telling them this when they phone, and ask them - very politely!! - to please stop calling and sending us mailings. But will they listen? Will they heck...
lol well if you have three kids in college, you must be rich and want to give away the rest of your money, right?

To Lycanthrop - if you're white, intact, and not poor - unless you have some terrific grades or such, you're right - I'm sure you're on your own re. scholarships. As far as I know however, anyone can get school loans, unless they've previously defaulted on one. Of course, that does create the small detail of having to pay them back.
Old May 26th 2007, 4:40 am

............We currently have THREE sons at college, paying out tens of thousands a year for fees, books, dorms, living expenses etc etc. Do they REALLY expect us to make donations on top of that? :curse:

Bugger I ........ 3
Did you send them to Junior Colleges first or did they go straight into 4 year institutions?
Old May 26th 2007, 4:42 am
Homebody

Bugger I ........ 3
Did you send them to Junior Colleges first or did they go straight into 4 year institutions?
Two of them spent a very short time at community college - looooooooooong stories.......... boys, honestly!!! - but basically they all went straight to 'proper' universities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.