Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

execution of Stanley 'Tookie' Williams..

Wikiposts

execution of Stanley 'Tookie' Williams..

Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:08 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: execution of Stanley 'Tookie' Williams..

Originally Posted by CarlM
(and XYY are believed to be twice as likely to commit a crime as a regular XY!)
but are they better in bed?
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:21 am
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: execution of Stanley 'Tookie' Williams..

Originally Posted by snowbunny
but are they better in bed?
Depends on who's research you believe!!
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:32 am
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems I'm in the minority here (again), but I prefer this:

The European Union campaigns towards the universal abolition of the death penalty. This stance is rooted in the belief in the inherent dignity of all human beings and the inviolability of the human person, regardless of the crime committed.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:43 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
But they both take a life. My devils question is how can either recocile this with their conscience?
As pointed out earlier on this thread by both myself and Chorlton the hypocracy of these people stinks to high heaven. I don't have to make the reconciliation myself as I do not share beliefs of the people you are questioning, but you are right, there seems to be an inherent inconsistency there between pro-death penalty and anti-abortion. No doubt though its probably God's way and so no rational explaination is required
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:52 am
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dimsie

The European Union campaigns towards the universal abolition of the death penalty. This stance is rooted in the belief in the inherent dignity of all human beings and the inviolability of the human person, regardless of the crime committed.
Does the EU belief in the inherent dignity of all human beings stop at the entrance of French Prisons? Where the suicide rate is off the page and probably exceeds the rate of state sanctioned deaths in the USA. France was a founding member of the EU. Right?

Inhuman nightmare

Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:52 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Which is idealistic rubbish when you actually get to meet some of the scum there is floating around in society.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 5:56 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Which is idealistic rubbish when you actually get to meet some of the scum there is floating around in society.
Ahh, but you see AWP when you live in a bubble with expense accounts, holiday villas, chauffers and personal assistants you are never going to meet any of these lowlifes, you pay no tax so your cash isn't wasted on keeping them fed and clothed inside and if they somehow get released they will not end up living next to you.

Personally I'd like to see politicians placed on death row. The ultimate proof that they want to do something for the good of scoiety would be that they are prepared to lay their lives on the line after their term of service expires.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by User Name
Does the EU belief in the inherent dignity of all human beings stop at the entrance of French Prisons? Where the suicide rate is off the page and probably exceeds the rate of state sanctioned deaths in the USA. France was a founding member of the EU. Right?

Inhuman nightmare

It appears so. Let's hope the EU is doing something about it.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:07 am
Account Closed

Idealistic pehaps. Until we start aiming for the "the ideal" we will continue to wallow in the muck we're in now.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:22 am
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

It appears so. Let's hope the EU is doing something about it.

Apparently not, the off-the-page inhuman barbaric conditions in French jails which leads to off-the-page suicide rate has been a problem now for several years.

I strongly suspect that the despair induced death rate in French prisons far exceeds the state sanctioned death rate of US prisons - in Toto.

How can the EU argue against what the USA does, when one of its founding members is supporting a death rate in its prison population which is off-the-page? There is a plank the size of the Titanic in the EU's eye.

Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:34 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Apparently not, the off-the-page inhuman barbaric conditions in French jails which leads to off-the-page suicide rate has been a problem now for several years.

I strongly suspect that the despair induced death rate in French prisons far exceeds the state sanctioned death rate of US prisons - in Toto.

How can the EU argue against what the USA does, when one of its founding members is supporting a death rate in its prison population which is off-the-page? There is a plank the size of the Titanic in the EU's eye.

Because the French are two-faced arrogant assholes. IMHO.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:37 am
Account Closed

Idealistic pehaps. Until we start aiming for the "the ideal" we will continue to wallow in the muck we're in now.
The trouble is the very scumbags that make up the flotsam of society laugh at our attempts to reach an ideal. On the contrary how can we call ourselves the good guys if we start doing bad guys things? Its a quandrary with no easy answer.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 6:45 am
Wind, earth, fire, water

I can't but think the EU lacks credibility in pointing their finger at the US penal system, when one of its member states (France) has a death rate in its prisons which is off-the-page.

Old Dec 13th 2005, 7:23 am
Account Closed

I can't but think the EU lacks credibility in pointing their finger at the US penal system, when one of its member states (France) has a death rate in its prisons which is off-the-page.

I agree, the EU should clean up its act, but that doesn't make its stance on the death penalty wrong.
Old Dec 13th 2005, 7:25 am
Account Closed

The trouble is the very scumbags that make up the flotsam of society laugh at our attempts to reach an ideal. On the contrary how can we call ourselves the good guys if we start doing bad guys things? Its a quandrary with no easy answer.

"They all laughed at Christopher Columbus when he said the world was round, They all laughed when Edison recorded sound"

It will come - that ideal, it has to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.