Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

execution of Stanley 'Tookie' Williams..

execution of Stanley 'Tookie' Williams..

Old Dec 14th 2005, 6:47 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: execution of Stanley 'Tookie' Williams..

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
No easy answer is there. Turn a blind eye and they will carry on murdering people. Incarcerate them and they will carry on with business while being a burden to society. Execute them and we join the ranks of those that take life and contribute to the net violence.
Was it 'Not the Nine O'Clock news' that came up the solution to criminals thus: "Off with their Goolies!"
Old Dec 14th 2005, 6:48 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CarlM
Was it 'Not the Nine O'Clock news' that came up the solution to criminals thus: "Off with their Goolies!"

Classic program that was.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 6:50 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Nonsense.
The problem with wishy-washy liberal thinking is that it doesn't take into account that there are fundamentally bad people in this world who don't care about being fair or kind to others, so why should we show fairness or kindness to them - no amount of appeasement will ever change them - it will just encourage them to take more and more from the rest of society.
Its a shame that people with views such as yourself end up damaging the cause of people in this world who really need help by lumping them in with second rate human beings who deserve all the punishment that they are getting and then some.
Don't forget to pay your Amnesty International subs next year fb

As I said, the debate tells us far more about the people who advocate for the death penalty than it ever does about the murderer or the victims!
Old Dec 14th 2005, 6:51 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
As I said, the debate tells us far more about the people who advocate for the death penalty than it ever does about the murderer or the victims!
Indeed it does - the advocates are alive, the other 2 groups by definition end up dead
Old Dec 14th 2005, 6:54 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Nonsense.
The problem with wishy-washy liberal thinking is that it doesn't take into account that there are fundamentally bad people in this world who don't care about being fair or kind to others, so why should we show fairness or kindness to them - no amount of appeasement will ever change them - it will just encourage them to take more and more from the rest of society.
Its a shame that people with views such as yourself end up damaging the cause of people in this world who really need help by lumping them in with second rate human beings who deserve all the punishment that they are getting and then some.
Don't forget to pay your Amnesty International subs next year fb
Jeez!! Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer!!
Old Dec 14th 2005, 6:55 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed it does - the advocates are alive, the other 2 groups by definition end up dead

No, it tells us about their fears.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 7:21 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

No, it tells us about their fears.
In what way ??
Tell me about my fears please Mr FB
Old Dec 14th 2005, 7:21 pm
Thinking about it

Jeez!! Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer!!
I like to think of myself as harsh, but fair
Old Dec 14th 2005, 7:23 pm
strangely floppy..

I like to think of myself as harsh, but fair
As did Stalin! LOL
Old Dec 14th 2005, 8:05 pm
Septicity

In what way ??
Tell me about my fears please Mr FB

Why?
You have already amply demonstrated them in this thread.
And I can't really see I will be of any help to you, either.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 8:30 pm
Thinking about it

Why?
You have already amply demonstrated them in this thread.
And I can't really see I will be of any help to you, either.
Is it possible for a person to have and demonstrate a fear that they themselves are not aware off ??
If the answer is yes I would appreciate it if you could please explain/justify your answer for my benefit.

On the other hand you could just drop the tired old trick of trying to win a debate by implying that your opponent is in some way slightly "impaired" in their judgement as the result of a personal flaw.

Thanks in advance
Old Dec 14th 2005, 8:40 pm
Septicity

Is it possible for a person to have and demonstrate a fear that they themselves are not aware off ??
If the answer is yes I would appreciate it if you could please explain/justify your answer for my benefit.

On the other hand you could just drop the tired old trick of trying to win a debate by implying that your opponent is in some way slightly "impaired" in their judgement as the result of a personal flaw.

Thanks in advance
There's enough material for a conference here.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 8:44 pm
Thinking about it

There's enough material for a conference here.
Thanks for proving my point
Old Dec 14th 2005, 8:46 pm
Septicity

Thanks for proving my point

You won't make any progress until you step away from the denial.

But an NG is probably not the place to do it!
Old Dec 14th 2005, 9:30 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Yes 'Slice them off!'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.