Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

Old Jul 29th 2021, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

OhioLiz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Current Travel Situation UK to USA?

@bullettoothtony Thanks for that. I'll look into that. I so appreciate hearing about actual experiences...it's helpful.
Old Jul 29th 2021, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OhioLiz
Cheers for that. It now seems more straight-forward and I'll aim to do the Heathrow test after landing. Appreciate the quick response and hearing about your actual experience.
No problem, it all seemed overwhelming when I started planning a trip and advice here was helpful so happy to pay it back
Old Jul 29th 2021, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

rolandmwebster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading this forum all day and it's been incredibly helpful. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to answer people's questions on here!

I'm a British Citizen living in the US as a green card holder. I have flights booked to visit my family in the UK from Aug 29 - Sep 10. Given I'm a green card holder, will I have any issues returning to the US? Has anybody else had experience with this? My understanding is that I will be allowed back in due to my permanent residence status.

Thank you!
Old Jul 29th 2021, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rolandmwebster
Hi Everyone,

I've been reading this forum all day and it's been incredibly helpful. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to answer people's questions on here!

I'm a British Citizen living in the US as a green card holder. I have flights booked to visit my family in the UK from Aug 29 - Sep 10. Given I'm a green card holder, will I have any issues returning to the US? Has anybody else had experience with this? My understanding is that I will be allowed back in due to my permanent residence status.

Thank you!
You’re fine. Just show the GC to the agent at the check-in counter.
Old Jul 29th 2021, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

rolandmwebster is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by destone
You’re fine. Just show the GC to the agent at the check-in counter.
Thank you very much! I'll be sure to update with my experience.
Old Jul 30th 2021, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Shark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond repute

I booked on line with Walgreens drive through had my results with in 2 hours via email
And yes they do request proof of the result before you even get to check in.
Old Jul 30th 2021, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Irish_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeIrish_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shark013
I booked on line with Walgreens drive through had my results with in 2 hours via email
This wasn't for UK travel, but we used Walgreens for travel to Hawaii and we had the test results back in a couple of hours too. It was a really straightforward process and we didn't have to pay.
Old Aug 4th 2021, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shark013
Was that the rapid test or the PCR test?
Old Aug 4th 2021, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Philk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olly_
Was that the rapid test or the PCR test?
Rapid ID Now test, was good enough to get me on the flight to the UK
Made it back to to the US today
Old Aug 4th 2021, 12:09 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philk
Rapid ID Now test, was good enough to get me on the flight to the UK
Made it back to to the US today

Who did you use for your return flight test?
Old Aug 4th 2021, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
ExpressTest at Heathrow T2 - not the best experience as the day we went (Sunday) they were slammed so even though we and other people in line had appointments booked, people that needed a test for a flight later that day were being moved to the front. Took about 20 minutes before we were tested, went to a Cafe Nero at the same terminal afterwards and by the time we were finishing our coffee the results were in our inbox
Old Aug 4th 2021, 12:43 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philk
ExpressTest at Heathrow T2 - not the best experience as the day we went (Sunday) they were slammed so even though we and other people in line had appointments booked, people that needed a test for a flight later that day were being moved to the front. Took about 20 minutes before we were tested, went to a Cafe Nero at the same terminal afterwards and by the time we were finishing our coffee the results were in our inbox
Right, thanks. I think I'll just find a local Boots or something. I'll be returning from Manchester, but will be in Liverpool so something local there should do it.
Old Aug 4th 2021, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
If you want to avoid having to look for a test location in the UK you can order a pack of these and take them with you - https://www.emed.com/products/covid-...stkit-six-pack

You take the kit with you, perform the test under video supervision and get the result in 15 minutes.
Old Aug 4th 2021, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Olly_
If you want to avoid having to look for a test location in the UK you can order a pack of these and take them with you - https://www.emed.com/products/covid-...stkit-six-pack

You take the kit with you, perform the test under video supervision and get the result in 15 minutes.
That's handy, thank you, but I'm the only one going so buying six tests seems a bit overboard. That would be great for a family traveling. I'll look and see if someone will sell me a single though.
Old Aug 4th 2021, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes, that is annoying - Walgreens sell the same test individually but it doesn't include use of the Navica app so it won't work for travel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.