Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

is crime in florida, really that bad?

is crime in florida, really that bad?

Old Sep 10th 2010, 8:09 pm
Banned

igotheesta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: is crime in florida, really that bad?

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You have a computer. I assume you can access Google. If you don't understand something... look it up! We're not here to spoonfeed you.

Ian
I get it now accepting people back when they want kick them out for being illegal and not leaving anyone stateless Does it also mean that if for example a Brit or an Irish guy whatever whose is illegal and goes to their embassy in the U.S for example to get their expired passport rewnews has to be detained by the embassy staff and handed over to ICE for deportation?
Old Sep 10th 2010, 8:12 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by igotheesta
I get it now accepting people back when they want kick them out for being illegal and not leaving anyone stateless Does it also mean that if for example a Brit or an Irish guy whatever whose is illegal and goes to their embassy in the U.S for example to get their expired passport rewnews has to be detained by the embassy staff and handed over to ICE for deportation?
No
Old Sep 10th 2010, 10:26 pm
BMP
Forum Regular

BMP is a name known to allBMP is a name known to allBMP is a name known to allBMP is a name known to allBMP is a name known to allBMP is a name known to allBMP is a name known to allBMP is a name known to allBMP is a name known to allBMP is a name known to allBMP is a name known to all

@igotheesta

I gave you the link!! It tells you exactly what the law is in the link...

(E) Repatriation of aliens
The government of the country accepts for repatriation any citizen, former citizen, or national of the country against whom a final executable order of removal is issued not later than three weeks after the issuance of the final order of removal. Nothing in this subparagraph creates any duty for the United States or any right for any alien with respect to removal or release. Nothing in this subparagraph gives rise to any cause of action or claim under this paragraph or any other law against any official of the United States or of any State to compel the release, removal, or consideration for release or removal of any alien.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 11:07 pm
Banned

igotheesta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BMP
@igotheesta

I gave you the link!! It tells you exactly what the law is in the link...

(E) Repatriation of aliens
The government of the country accepts for repatriation any citizen, former citizen, or national of the country against whom a final executable order of removal is issued not later than three weeks after the issuance of the final order of removal. Nothing in this subparagraph creates any duty for the United States or any right for any alien with respect to removal or release. Nothing in this subparagraph gives rise to any cause of action or claim under this paragraph or any other law against any official of the United States or of any State to compel the release, removal, or consideration for release or removal of any alien.
They must overlook the provision for Visa Refusal rates then? We have 28% B2 visa refusal rate according to Travel State.gov figures for 2009
Old Sep 10th 2010, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

To state the bleeding obvious B2 is a Visa type, it is not all of the visa types.
Old Sep 11th 2010, 1:31 am
Just Joined

e_vh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by igotheesta
They must overlook the provision for Visa Refusal rates then? We have 28% B2 visa refusal rate according to Travel State.gov figures for 2009
I think you're finding it difficult, among other things, to differentiate between criteria for initial qualification for the program, and criteria for continuing qualification.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

molly picon is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure this is covered in the rest of the thread, but huh? Florida is a bit wacky, but I don't think you need to hide at night under the covers. My relatives here in Florida do, but they're about 80 and watch the news way too much.

A lot of Brits are in Florida, I think. My local Publix- that's the megalithic supermarket here- sells mushy peas. I just lived in London for six years; I'm American, and a gated community in South Florida is my pitstop while I get resettled here. I only know Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach. The thing to remember about this part of Florida is it's like the Caribbean. There are places down here that look like Haiti, although Haitians have told me it's nicer there. 70 percent of Miami is foreign. Black poverty is endemic and tragic. I don't believe in rich white people hiding in their little gated communities to avoid the riff-raff, but that's what people do, and really, it's pretty safe. The gated community I'm in, in Boynton Beach, has an actual guard at the guardhouse. But I bike in off the main road and no one stops me. A pedestrian can enter without too much trouble, but most people are in cars. And that's all I have to say...
Old Sep 26th 2010, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

cityhog will become famous soon enoughcityhog will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by molly picon
I'm sure this is covered in the rest of the thread, but huh? Florida is a bit wacky, but I don't think you need to hide at night under the covers. My relatives here in Florida do, but they're about 80 and watch the news way too much.

A lot of Brits are in Florida, I think. My local Publix- that's the megalithic supermarket here- sells mushy peas. I just lived in London for six years; I'm American, and a gated community in South Florida is my pitstop while I get resettled here. I only know Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach. The thing to remember about this part of Florida is it's like the Caribbean. There are places down here that look like Haiti, although Haitians have told me it's nicer there. 70 percent of Miami is foreign. Black poverty is endemic and tragic. I don't believe in rich white people hiding in their little gated communities to avoid the riff-raff, but that's what people do, and really, it's pretty safe. The gated community I'm in, in Boynton Beach, has an actual guard at the guardhouse. But I bike in off the main road and no one stops me. A pedestrian can enter without too much trouble, but most people are in cars. And that's all I have to say...
There were many British tourists killed in Miami in the 90's who got lost and ended up in the wrong part of the city, trapped in the dead end of a street and killed by gangbangers.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 7:35 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cityhog
There were many British tourists killed in Miami in the 90's who got lost and ended up in the wrong part of the city, trapped in the dead end of a street and killed by gangbangers.
that little Americanism always makes me titter
Old Sep 26th 2010, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

molly picon is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, that was almost my point, but I hate to promote fear. You hear plenty of bad things about Miami. Fortunately it's not the most interesting place. And I think Brits often end up in these retirement communities in Palm Beach and Broward, and they are very, very sleepy indeed.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cityhog
How many is many?
Old Sep 27th 2010, 2:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
How many is many?
If there were that many, you'd think they could have put up a better fight wouldn't you?
Old Sep 27th 2010, 2:33 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
How many is many?
Gary Colley 1993
Old Sep 27th 2010, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
If there were that many, you'd think they could have put up a better fight wouldn't you?
I guess it wasn't a deterrent for all the UK folk that still want to go to Florida....
Old Sep 27th 2010, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray
Gary Colley 1993
That's a lot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.