Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

is crime in florida, really that bad?

is crime in florida, really that bad?

Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:54 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is crime in florida, really that bad?

Originally Posted by chartreuse
I got a right bollocking, last time I used that term on here.
grrr, made me look. That's what you call a bollocking?
You're like one of those clever spammers; you just wanted me to read your gun posts again.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:56 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
grrr, made me look. That's what you call a bollocking?
You're like one of those clever spammers; you just wanted me to read your gun posts again.
Was it a gun post? I really didn't remember...
Old Sep 7th 2010, 5:33 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Even your 'angel' looks weak...
Old Sep 7th 2010, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by meauxna
Even your 'angel' looks weak...
That's cos it's got its tongue in its cheek...
Old Sep 7th 2010, 6:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Rossi Ranch Hand not available until 2011
Old Sep 7th 2010, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Ray
Rossi Ranch Hand not available until 2011
Bummer.

I nearly got a Nazi marked FN High Power, when we were in CO. Was glad I didn't, cos we got home to find the water heater had karked it and replacing it ended up costing about the same as the gun...
Old Sep 7th 2010, 6:57 pm
Banned

igotheesta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Helping the US has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not a country is on the VWP list.

Ah... now you're beginning to understand what immigration patterns are all about.

In a nutshell (and reduced to the most simple basics), the coutries that are on the VWP list are there because there is, traditionally, not a lot of immigration fraud involving those countries. The immigration patterns of those countries have, traditionally, demonstrated that people abide by the immigration rules when coming to the US.

Note - the only thing that's really important, is whether or not immigration rules have been violated. Killing someone, even in cold blood, may violate both civil and criminal laws... but it doesn't break any immigration laws. This is why the UK will remain on the VWP list. The country will not suffer because of the actions of some rowdy chavs.

Bzzt. Wrong. Argentina wasn't removed because of its economic collapse. It was removed because the US noticed an increase in the number of people entering the US on the VWP and then remaining illegally. Now, that may have happened because of bad times in Argentina, but it was the resulting immigration pattern that caused Argentina's removal from the VWP list, not the collapse in their economy.

You'd do well to research the Latin phrase post hoc ergo propter hoc - because that's the sort of argument you're trying to put forth.

Okay... now I'm really done! You have a computer... and Google is your friend.

Ian
I am learning Ian

Why is Ireland on the Visa Waiver Program still then? Don't they have a serious illegal immigration problem. Isn't it something like 50k Irish illegals in the U.S or irish that were illegal and got their green cards with marriage to a yank. It has been bad for 20 years hasn't it lot of Irish coming staying illegally, marrying a yank or going home for good after a few years? And there was the people smuggling ring they broke up that smuggling dozens of irish into NYC through Canada. I read about it in the new york daily news in 2006 when I over with ex on hoilday. Involving bar owners and some of the promenant members of the new york Galiec Football team who where illegals themselves. They were talking about it in the irish bar we went in, it always stuck in my mind. I have never heard of another smuggling ring for at least for Western Europeans have you? So why are they still on the Visa Waiver Program? Does Ireland not come up for the scrutiny as Argentia then?

Last edited by igotheesta; Sep 7th 2010 at 7:14 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:17 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by igotheesta
I am learning Ian

Why is Ireland on the Visa Waiver Program still then? Don't they have a serious illegal immigration problem. Isn't it something like 50k Irish illegals in the U.S or irish that were illegal and got their green cards with marriage to a yank. It has been bad for 20 years hasn't it lot of Irish coming staying illegally, marrying a yank or going home for good after a few years? And there was the people smuggling ring they broke up that smuggling dozens of irish into NYC through Canada. I read about it in the new york daily news in 2006 when I over with ex on hoilday. Involving bar owners and some of the promenant members of the new york Galiec Football team who where illegals themselves. They were talking about it in the irish bar we went in it always stuck in my mind. I have never heard of another smuggling ring for Europeans have you? So why are they still on the Visa Waiver Program?
Just for your education ... The DV lottery was originally called The Irish Program ... and then of course there was the all powerful Kennedys
congressmen with an Irish name really believe they are Irish which allowed the IRA to have such power then

and remember most US politicians can be bought
Old Sep 7th 2010, 9:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
Just for your education ... The DV lottery was originally called The Irish Program ... and then of course there was the all powerful Kennedys
congressmen with an Irish name really believe they are Irish which allowed the IRA to have such power then

Most?
Old Sep 7th 2010, 11:25 pm
Banned

igotheesta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray

I figured it was done to the Irish lobbying as well. It does suprise me that they remaining on the VWP however. That it has never been apparently any thought to removing them like we saw with us and Muslim extremists around 06/07. They are without a shadow of a doubt the worst offenders in Western Europe for illegal immigration. I don't think any of them half million brits on the awful E2 in Florida would be illegal if the E2 did not exist. The Irish will always choose the illegal path. I guess thats the power of a good lobby for you. I guess the South American lobbies weren't upto the job
Old Sep 7th 2010, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I figured it was done to the Irish lobbying as well. It does suprise me that they remaining on the VWP however. That it has never been apparently any thought to removing them like we saw with us and Muslim extremists around 06/07. They are without a shadow of a doubt the worst offenders in Western Europe for illegal immigration. I don't think any of them half million brits on the awful E2 in Florida would be illegal if the E2 did not exist. The Irish will always choose the illegal path. I guess thats the power of a good lobby for you. I guess the South American lobbies weren't upto the job
What are you on about now?
Old Sep 8th 2010, 12:47 am

Your posts are starting to border on the offensive as well as the naive now.
Please exercise some restraint.

Also, consider some links to back up your 'facts'.
Old Sep 8th 2010, 2:10 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

99% probability...
Old Sep 8th 2010, 2:12 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

This is truly WTF-worthy...
Old Sep 8th 2010, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

WARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond reputeWARPed has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe this post should be split. The OP must be wondering what the hell is going on!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.