Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

is crime in florida, really that bad?

is crime in florida, really that bad?

Old Sep 7th 2010, 12:50 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: is crime in florida, really that bad?

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
To paraphrase Eric Morecambe, he's using all the right words, but not necessarily in the right order.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

To paraphrase Eric Morecambe, he's using all the right words, but not necessarily in the right order.
Thanks for that! I am now sat here giggling as I replay that Morecambe & Wise clip in my head!
Old Sep 7th 2010, 1:00 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 7th 2010, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed
yay! Thanks for that! I was about to go looking on YouTube. I love Morecambe & Wise.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG
yay! Thanks for that! I was about to go looking on YouTube. I love Morecambe & Wise.
You can't help laughing.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 1:16 am
BE Forum Addict

You can't help laughing.
I've just posted it on my Facebook profile! I'm still giggling! My OH thinks I've gone mad!
Old Sep 7th 2010, 1:18 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG
I've just posted it on my Facebook profile! I'm still giggling! My OH thinks I've gone mad!
That one, plus this:

are possibly the funniest TV ever broadcast.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

That one, plus this:

Fantastic stuff.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

That one, plus this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Cz2-ukrd2VQ
Brilliant!
Old Sep 7th 2010, 2:04 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by igotheesta
I just want Ian to answer that last sentence we will call it a day
With respect, I can't be arsed to respond to any more of your paranoid ravings. I've already told you how things are - if you don't want to believe me, that's your choice. So, if that means this thread just keeps going on and on... well, the gentle readers here will just have to learn to live with it.

Ian
Old Sep 7th 2010, 8:43 am
Banned

igotheesta is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
With respect, I can't be arsed to respond to any more of your paranoid ravings. I've already told you how things are - if you don't want to believe me, that's your choice. So, if that means this thread just keeps going on and on... well, the gentle readers here will just have to learn to live with it.

Ian
Well it seems like they pretty came damn close because of the behaviour of the extremist elements and that would have been in direct contridiction of what you said Ian. If it wasn't for the behaviour of some people in the British Muslim community turning to extremism and posing a security threat they would have never even considered it.

What do you mean by immigration patterns. Your talking about illegal immigration and refusal of visas right? How might I ask is Ireland still on the Visa Waiver after all don't they have a serious illegal immigration problem in the states? Aren't they the worst in Europe for being illegal immigration in America? Worse then England and Germany and France etc.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Well it seems like they pretty came damn close because of the behaviour of the extremist elements and that would have been in direct contridiction of what you said Ian.
Oh, for crying out loud - do you think the the US gives one whit about what's printed by the UK media? Do you think the US even takes notice of one barely-circulated magazine and thinks, "Oh dear, we'd best change our entire immigration structure because of this!" Get real!

What do you mean by immigration patterns.
Which part of the phrase didn't you understand?

Your talking about illegal immigration and refusal of visas right?
Wrong! <sigh> I give up. You're as thick as a brick.

Ian
Old Sep 7th 2010, 3:37 pm
Banned

igotheesta is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, for crying out loud - do you think the the US gives one whit about what's printed by the UK media? Do you think the US even takes notice of one barely-circulated magazine and thinks, "Oh dear, we'd best change our entire immigration structure because of this!" Get real!

Which part of the phrase didn't you understand?

Wrong! <sigh> I give up. You're as thick as a brick.

Ian
I think Chernoff felt that way as well to a certain extent he was only the Director Homeland Security. I think they couldn't do it largely because of how Blair behaved creating the anti terror alliance after 9/11.

No I don't understand any of that phrase if your are not talking about illegal immigration Ian?. Poland can't get a slot on the VWP despite their assistance to America on various issues because of the great risk of mass illegal immigration a lot of Poles and Russians can't get into the states because they just know they would never leave Can you please explain what you mean by that I really don't understand? Argentina was removed because of the economic collapse nothing to do with any immigration patterns did it?

Last edited by igotheesta; Sep 7th 2010 at 3:41 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:46 pm
Account Closed

Poland can't get a slot on the VWP despite their assistance to America on various issues...
Helping the US has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not a country is on the VWP list.

... because of the great risk of mass illegal immigration a lot of Poles and Russians can't get into the states because they just know they would never leave
Ah... now you're beginning to understand what immigration patterns are all about.

Can you please explain what you mean by that I really don't understand?
In a nutshell (and reduced to the most simple basics), the coutries that are on the VWP list are there because there is, traditionally, not a lot of immigration fraud involving those countries. The immigration patterns of those countries have, traditionally, demonstrated that people abide by the immigration rules when coming to the US.

Note - the only thing that's really important, is whether or not immigration rules have been violated. Killing someone, even in cold blood, may violate both civil and criminal laws... but it doesn't break any immigration laws. This is why the UK will remain on the VWP list. The country will not suffer because of the actions of some rowdy chavs.

Argentina was removed because of the economic collapse nothing to do with any immigration patterns did it?
Bzzt. Wrong. Argentina wasn't removed because of its economic collapse. It was removed because the US noticed an increase in the number of people entering the US on the VWP and then remaining illegally. Now, that may have happened because of bad times in Argentina, but it was the resulting immigration pattern that caused Argentina's removal from the VWP list, not the collapse in their economy.

You'd do well to research the Latin phrase post hoc ergo propter hoc - because that's the sort of argument you're trying to put forth.

Okay... now I'm really done! You have a computer... and Google is your friend.

Ian
Old Sep 7th 2010, 4:49 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

You'd do well to research the Latin phrase post hoc ergo propter hoc - because that's the sort of argument you're trying to put forth.
I got a right bollocking, last time I used that term on here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.