Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Covid 19 Travel/Immigration to USA - please check here and ask questions

Covid 19 Travel/Immigration to USA - please check here and ask questions

Old May 4th 2021, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Covid 19 Travel/Immigration to USA - please check here and ask questions

Originally Posted by destone
Accarano & Karenkaren1 -- Since (3 March 2021) the Biden administration narrowed down who qualifies for NIE I don't have confidence that you will be able to secure an NIE on your own as L2 without the L1 traveling with you. You have nothing to lose to try though. If you get denied, you can travel back via Mexico. As for the L1 holder what seems to matter now is the industry and not the seniority (i.e. job creation).
Hmm thanks
Old May 22nd 2021, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

gregus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Covid 19 Travel/Immigration to USA - please check here and ask questions

hi all,

Apologies if this has already been answered. Have tried to search through this pretty long thread. I am a UK Citizen and US LPR (just renewed my green card for another 10 years) Living in California. My husband is a UK Citizen and we haven't seen each other in over a year now. He has a flight booked for June 10th and from what we can see he should be exempt from the Presidential Proclamation. He has a copy of my green card and passport, a copy of our marriage certificate, and copy of our property taxes which show both names. We believe his ESTA is still valid. Has anyone else been though this? Does anyone know if the documents listed will be sufficient for him to gain entry into the US? He has been fully vaccinated at this point.

Any advise very gratefully received.

many thanks.
Old May 24th 2021, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gregus
hi all,

Apologies if this has already been answered. Have tried to search through this pretty long thread. I am a UK Citizen and US LPR (just renewed my green card for another 10 years) Living in California. My husband is a UK Citizen and we haven't seen each other in over a year now. He has a flight booked for June 10th and from what we can see he should be exempt from the Presidential Proclamation. He has a copy of my green card and passport, a copy of our marriage certificate, and copy of our property taxes which show both names. We believe his ESTA is still valid. Has anyone else been though this? Does anyone know if the documents listed will be sufficient for him to gain entry into the US? He has been fully vaccinated at this point.

many thanks.
That’s all you need. Avoid checking in online. Safe travels!
Old May 24th 2021, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Tino is an unknown quantity at this point

What is the reason not to check in online?
Old May 24th 2021, 10:19 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gregus
hi all,

many thanks.
It has been more than 10 years since I used ESTA / VW, did they take away the online function to check if it’s still valid? You had to go there to update the address you were visiting and make any other changes where required.

If still available that would probably be the best place to check it’s valid, and probably bette than guessing considering the cost of all the tests etc.
Old May 24th 2021, 10:20 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tino
What is the reason not to check in online?
Your ESTA will be revoked.
Old May 25th 2021, 3:00 am
Just Joined

gregus is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much!
Old May 26th 2021, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Tino is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boiler
Your ESTA will be revoked.
If travelling on an L1 Visa, I guess this is not an issue?
Old May 26th 2021, 1:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tino
If travelling on an L1 Visa, I guess this is not an issue?
I would be inclined to give it a miss and avoid possible issues. Bo not know for certain.
Old Oct 4th 2021, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

E2Brutus is an unknown quantity at this point

Can E2 Visa holders cross the land border from Mexico to US? I read some restriction until 10/21 but not sure whether that applies to E2?
Old Oct 6th 2021, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

jammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond reputejammiie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
Hmm thanks
I believe you can get a NIE as an L2 without the L1 traveling with you as my friends did it this summer. The L1 was already living here and the spouse and child L2 came out later on their own after getting the NIE.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm planning a trip back to the UK in December, seems to be all good news now with only a day 2 test to enter the UK and pre-departure test to return to the US.

One thing I noticed on the UK.gov site is that for the USA vaccination CDC card to be recognised, you must prove residency in the USA. That's easy enough for a USC/GC but what about myself on an L-1B visa? Is the visa itself enough to prove that or would some other proof of address be required? There's no further details on the site and it's hard to Google.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countrie...of-vaccination

" CDC card showing you’ve had a full course of an FDA-approved vaccine in the USA plus proof that you are a resident of the USA."
Old Oct 7th 2021, 5:08 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by postbox134
I'm planning a trip back to the UK in December, seems to be all good news now with only a day 2 test to enter the UK and pre-departure test to return to the US.

One thing I noticed on the UK.gov site is that for the USA vaccination CDC card to be recognised, you must prove residency in the USA. That's easy enough for a USC/GC but what about myself on an L-1B visa? Is the visa itself enough to prove that or would some other proof of address be required? There's no further details on the site and it's hard to Google.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countrie...of-vaccination

" CDC card showing you’ve had a full course of an FDA-approved vaccine in the USA plus proof that you are a resident of the USA."
A USC could be UK resident. Maybe a US driving lisence, lease/Mortgage statement, utility bill, tax return etc would be acceptable.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
A USC could be UK resident. Maybe a US driving lisence, lease/Mortgage statement, utility bill, tax return etc would be acceptable.
That's true, I may try and get in contact with them to check.

Any experiences of this as a non-immigrant resident in the US would be appreciated.
Old Oct 7th 2021, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

hutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond reputehutchison has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by postbox134
That's true, I may try and get in contact with them to check.

Any experiences of this as a non-immigrant resident in the US would be appreciated.
we plan the same in DEC 16-31.
I (we) do not have a valid visa stamp (no interviews etc) So we plan to use our I-797A approvals and I-94 record., plus the out of date visa!.
we also have a US baby with US passport. (sounds like we stole it )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.