Wikiposts

Comparison

Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:47 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Comparison

Originally Posted by cindyabs
maybe a camel?
Nothing like a good hump.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Um eh?

"The United States has the highest teen pregnancy rate in the western world, despite the fact that our teens are not more sexually active than Swedish teens, or Canadian teens, or British teens.

Fact: One million teens in the USA will become pregnant over the next twelve months. Ninety-five percent of those pregnancies are unintended. About one third will end in abortion; one third will end in spontaneous miscarriage; and one third will continue their pregnancy to term and keep their baby.

More than half of them are 17 years old or younger when they have their first pregnancy.

Approximately 40 percent of young women become pregnant before they reach 20 years old.

The United States of America has double the adolescent pregnancy and birth rates of any other industrialized country.
"

http://www.coolnurse.com/teen_pregnancy_rates.htm

Check please!

I just suppose it depends on what and where you read it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4020025.stm
Old Oct 7th 2005, 1:51 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I just suppose it depends on what and where you read it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4020025.stm
No that pretty much says the same thing that teen prengancy rates are falling. But you said Britain has the highest in the world. It doesnt.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

No that pretty much says the same thing that teen prengancy rates are falling. But you said Britain has the highest in the world. It doesnt.
I can't find the original article I read that stat in, so your point on this one.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:12 am
Account Closed

I can't find the original article I read that stat in, so your point on this one.
Thank you. I accept it with grace and honour.

On another point theres actually nothing Brits like doing more than Brit and Britain bashing - down the pub, over a coffee, at work whatever. But, when we are abroad we like to then bash the country we are in. Although we do like to throw the odd Brit bash in now and again just to keep in practice. Its one of those weird and twisted quirks of Brit nature.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thank you. I accept it with grace and honour.

On another point theres actually nothing Brits like doing more than Brit and Britain bashing - down the pub, over a coffee, at work whatever. But, when we are abroad we like to then bash the country we are in. Although we do like to throw the odd Brit bash in now and again just to keep in practice. Its one of those weird and twisted quirks of Brit nature.
No! Really? And Americans like to do the same thing.....you should read some of the forums. But, it doesn't help when someone else is chiming in with you. Sooooooooo looking forward to my MIL's visit.....
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:21 am
Account Closed

No! Really? And Americans like to do the same thing.....you should read some of the forums. But, it doesn't help when someone else is chiming in with you. Sooooooooo looking forward to my MIL's visit.....
I do. Cause Im sad like that.
My MIL is over end of next month....sigh.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:59 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

o
Am I the only one that's read the reports of obese people in Britain? And how they're the fattest nation in Europe? Along with more teen pregnancies
Well they do say that everything America get Britain gets 5 years later. Only we've been lucky with the obesity thing, that took 50 odd years to reach us.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 3:05 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I can't find the original article I read that stat in,
There's a suprise!!!
Old Oct 7th 2005, 3:07 am
Account Closed

Who could she mean?
Old Oct 7th 2005, 3:08 am
Account Closed

I do. Cause Im sad like that.
My MIL is over end of next month....sigh.
Lucky bastard, my MIL lives 2 doors down. I feel like one of the allied prisoners in "The great Escape", always under the guard towers!!
Old Oct 7th 2005, 3:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rushman
Lucky bastard, my MIL lives 2 doors down. I feel like one of the allied prisoners in "The great Escape", always under the guard towers!!
I feel privaledged. I was actually hoping to make a silent night time move before she got here bit no luck.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 7:23 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
It hasn't happened in recent years because there is a Federal law about it. But it used to happen.
I thought that only covered county hospitals, if it were private, they didn't have to take anyone in, even emergency?
Old Oct 7th 2005, 7:24 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I still stand by the fact that it very much depends on where you live (not UK versus US either) Free is all well and good, but it doesn't do a very good job if you're getting substandard care. And don't tell me it doesn't happen.
Could always be complimented with fairly cheap medical insurance, which is an option you have...but you really don't have that option over here...
Old Oct 7th 2005, 7:41 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by sprintblue

Eye tests are about £20 for basic test now yeh.
If you work, and are on a computer all day, your employer has to foot the bill for it in the UK....which is nice..a good way to threaten a pay rise...get one, or everyone goes for an eye test at the same time...worked too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.