Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bound to be controversial

Wikiposts

Bound to be controversial

Old Oct 9th 2005, 10:04 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bound to be controversial

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Reasoned response. I believe that US police officers use force before UK officers do. I know thats part of the training but it's still different.

I agree with what the response from the driver should have been. But if tazering somebody for being mouthy is a punishment then that means the officer is playing judge, jury and executioner.

I also think that we are Brits expecting to see a Brit attitude towards police officers when this is America where the attitude is very different. Consent of the people and such like.
We watch an afternoon of shows about tazering.........it really stuck in my mind......I'd never seen such shocking shows..........

Even the cops were saying its being used to much....and for the wrong reasons.........watching 4 big cops ontop of one skinny guy saying.. do it again....do it again to the cop with the tazer does make you feel a bit sick...........the guy had just been sitting...no danger to anyone..........a few of the cops said they were worred that its been used to soon.....
The only thing I can say is that maybe less people will die from it than if they were shot....... ........
I don't think anyone disagrees that the cops can't read minds...and that the woman was mouthy.....but I myself......think that they reacted to soon in this case..........I don't know...but seeing two big men do that to someone just turns my blood cold...........it does not sit easy with me........thats really all I have left to say on the matter.........I just can't bring myself to see what they did as right..........good policing........or something I'd like the police to do more often......
Old Oct 9th 2005, 10:13 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by krizzy
We watch an afternoon of shows about tazering.........it really stuck in my mind......I'd never seen such shocking shows..........

Even the cops were saying its being used to much....and for the wrong reasons.........watching 4 big cops ontop of one skinny guy saying.. do it again....do it again to the cop with the tazer does make you feel a bit sick...........the guy had just been sitting...no danger to anyone..........a few of the cops said they were worred that its been used to soon.....
The only thing I can say is that maybe less people will die from it than if they were shot....... ........
I don't think anyone disagrees that the cops can't read minds...and that the woman was mouthy.....but I myself......think that they reacted to soon in this case..........I don't know...but seeing two big men do that to someone just turns my blood cold...........it does not sit easy with me........thats really all I have left to say on the matter.........I just can't bring myself to see what they did as right..........good policing........or something I'd like the police to do more often......
How about they dont do it, she tries to speed off as she knows she on a suspended license and faces arrest and then proceeds to crash into a school bus coming the other way injuring or killing a few kids on the bus.

Please dont anyone suggest the cop reaches in to grab her or the car keys as that is a big NO NO. Seriously dangerous and all police are taught not to.

The point is in all my time policing the only ones that offer more than a cursory argument - the ones that really argue the toss - are the ones with some reason to. And they are potentially dangerous regardless of age, sex, creed or anything else.

Last edited by Angry White Pyjamas; Oct 9th 2005 at 10:15 am.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 10:45 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
Nah you just want to bully me into submission.
In other words ..you are making stupid comment ..without any sort of thought about them ..I just asked how you though it should have been handled ??

In fact none of the whiners have come up with the way they believe it should have been handled ...

Last edited by Ray; Oct 9th 2005 at 10:48 am.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 11:41 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
In fact none of the whiners have come up with the way they believe it should have been handled ...

Er, arrest her the way people used to be arrested before they had tazers?

Park the patrol car in front of her and wait until she had to go to the bathroom?

Or something.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 11:44 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Er, arrest her the way people used to be arrested before they had tazers? Park the patrol car in front of her and wait until she had to go to the bathroom? Or something.
That would be to beat the crap out of her with a nightstick...
Remember Rodney something..in CA
Old Oct 9th 2005, 11:46 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I'm fairly sure that's not the only method ever used to arrest anybody..............
Old Oct 9th 2005, 11:51 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Er, arrest her the way people used to be arrested before they had tazers?

Park the patrol car in front of her and wait until she had to go to the bathroom?

Or something.
Easy...

Cop puts hand on fugitive's shoulder and says, "You're nicked, son!"
Fugitive replies, "It's a fair cop, gov."
Old Oct 9th 2005, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Easy...

Cop puts hand on fugitive's shoulder and says, "You're nicked, son!"
Fugitive replies, "It's a fair cop, gov."
Yes, that's the way I remember it. They woudn't have lied to us on Dixon of Dock Green would they?
Old Oct 9th 2005, 11:55 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

They woudn't have lied to us on Dixon of Dock Green would they?
Never!
Old Oct 9th 2005, 11:55 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
How about they dont do it, she tries to speed off as she knows she on a suspended license and faces arrest and then proceeds to crash into a school bus coming the other way injuring or killing a few kids on the bus.

Please dont anyone suggest the cop reaches in to grab her or the car keys as that is a big NO NO. Seriously dangerous and all police are taught not to.

The point is in all my time policing the only ones that offer more than a cursory argument - the ones that really argue the toss - are the ones with some reason to. And they are potentially dangerous regardless of age, sex, creed or anything else.

You have to turn the engine off.......if she reached for her keys than we would be talking about something different.....but she never did that.......had she then what they did would of become more understandable.......
In this case......it was uncalled for at that point in time.......
Old Oct 9th 2005, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Never!
The good old days

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/titles/clip5.shtml
Old Oct 9th 2005, 12:08 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
King......how the F can you forget that?
Old Oct 9th 2005, 12:10 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

I remember when I first moved to the Cape.......women telling me about a crime happening here...........they were being pulled over by cops for something silly....taken to the jail......and being made to strip in front of all the guys there..............no one believed the few young girls it happened too...until they started picking on a few older women......for ages afterwards ...women stopped by cops here would disagree about getting out the car.........going to the station......cops in other towns had no idea that some of the woman on Cape had such a fear of being stopped........of even talking to cops in their cars.......good job they never had the added fear of being zapped too.......
Old Oct 9th 2005, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
King......how the F can you forget that?
Er, he didn't Gruff.

Our Ray is an ironic fella sometimes.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 12:12 pm
Septicity

Look what else they've got...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/titles/zcars.shtml

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.