Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bound to be controversial

Wikiposts

Bound to be controversial

Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:41 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bound to be controversial

Originally Posted by ukemigrant
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/policetazer.html

This might go on to be one of the longest threads, or maybe just cut off by NC .

Personally I think the cop was in the right but wonder if there was a better way to handle the situation. It's a video of a woman being arrested after being stopped for speeding.
Whoa, that lady has some mouth on her. I wonder if her husband tazers her when he wants to shut her up
Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
King......how the F can you forget that?
Of course his real name was Glen Rodney King..
Rodney sounded more innocent though ..
Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
And?

click on link then look to the right and it says "brutal beating caught on tape".......click that link then click the tape bottom left.........you will see new orleans cops beat the crap out of a 64 yr old man for being drunk in the street
Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:47 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psb182
click on link then look to the right and it says "brutal beating caught on tape".......click that link then click the tape bottom left.........you will see new orleans cops beat the crap out of a 64 yr old man for being drunk in the street
And........
Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:48 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

And?
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

try this.........http://www.comcast.net/providers/fan...cbsfannews.xml

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
And........
Oh Ray.
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ray
Of course his real name was Glen Rodney King..
Rodney sounded more innocent though ..
Sounds more like a bit of a Plonker to me, del boy.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:49 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
Absolutely spot on dead right. You are far better off giving it the old "yes Sir, yes Sir, three bags full sir" than giving a cop a mouthful of attitude. Give him attitude and you are basically asking him to find something else to ticket you for.

I find that the cops here (been stopped loads of times for speeding) display a distinctly polite but buisnesslike attitude to stopped motorists. I always have been polite and cheerful (Ok I don't do "cheerful" but as near as I can get to it), apologised and NEVER disagreed with their estmates of my speed.

So far I've had one ticket, from a fresh out of cop school snotty nosed, wet behind the ears, greenhorn, *****ing rookie, son of a bitch little Hitler bastard on a mission to make a name for himself, but I bare him no malice, he was only doing his job. Though why he couldn't be out catching burglars and rapists instead of picking on innocent motorists going about their buisness is beyond me.
Not sure why, but this reminded me of an interview with a woman that was mad that she got caught speeding through an English village. She said it was not fair that there wasn't a sign warning of the impending speed camera. I thought, why should they warn you, if you hadn't been speeding it wouldn't have been a problem!!!

I have to admit that I'm sometimes a bit of a girl racer, but at least when I've been caught, I take it like a woman! I got caught doing 88 when I was in Texas, the cop pulled me over & I was polite & said that I was sorry, he let me go & just told me to slow down & like a good little girl, I did!
Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:50 pm
Account Closed

You'll have to give me your password first.

But as far as I can tell these are seperate incidents in seperate places with different officers. Are you suggesting that the actions of one affect the actions of another? Wouldnt that be like, tarring all with the same brush? Generalisations? And all that?
Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

did that last link work for you guys??......it works for me everytime
Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:51 pm
Account Closed

did that last link work for you guys??......it works for me everytime
No.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

try this it's cbs news........http://www.cbsnews.com/
Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:58 pm
Ray

try this it's cbs news........http://www.cbsnews.com/
30000 may be dead ...a nightmare of a disaster ... its difficult to comprehend those numbers..
Old Oct 9th 2005, 2:58 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Natural birth is part of the product!
How? Are you raising the placenta too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.