Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

best gun to own in houston, texas

best gun to own in houston, texas

Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:04 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: best gun to own in houston, texas

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Aint it. Can only have a max of 3 round mag for game hunting. Just not playing cricket I say.
Much better to have a fully Automatic, just in case you're a lousy shot
Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:15 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Much better to have a fully Automatic, just in case you're a lousy shot
Full autos are federally banned...can you beleive that?
Old Jan 10th 2006, 11:37 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Tsssk, imagine
Old Jan 11th 2006, 2:42 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't it just a question of cash and patience? BATF fees and all that?
Old Jan 11th 2006, 2:50 am

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
So the lawsuit brought by female employees is all about pure capitalist competition?

And all those low paid employees are a great help to Wal-Mart when all they can afford is Wal-Mart merchandise.
And how about the store they closed all because the staff wanted to form a union? And the life insurance policies they took out on all their old employees?
Old Jan 11th 2006, 5:29 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chorlton
And how about the store they closed all because the staff wanted to form a union? And the life insurance policies they took out on all their old employees?
Never heard about the insurance thing...

As to the Union thing, where is it written that a company has to be in buisiness for the well being of it's employees? I mean, yes, a company should be concerned about them- it is in their intrest to be so...however if companies such as Delphi and GM had a little more control over their unions (or had no union) maybe they would not be in bancruptcy.

If I owned a company that was fixing to unionize, I too would shut it down or move it.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 5:37 am
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bright spark
can some body tell what is the best gun to own , price range ,best place to buy and the best place to learn how to handle it and any where that has good hunting when i'm up to scratch moving there in 2 weeks and i'm fixing to be texan.
If your going to Houston you will need to arm yerself with one of these....
Attached Thumbnails best gun to own in houston, texas-images.jpeg  
Old Jan 11th 2006, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
Never heard about the insurance thing...

As to the Union thing, where is it written that a company has to be in buisiness for the well being of it's employees? I mean, yes, a company should be concerned about them- it is in their intrest to be so...however if companies such as Delphi and GM had a little more control over their unions (or had no union) maybe they would not be in bancruptcy.

If I owned a company that was fixing to unionize, I too would shut it down or move it.
Where is it written that an employee should care about the company's well-being? I mean they might be concerened but they certainly shouldn't ......

Employment should be a I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine; like where I work there's give and take on both sides.

GM would go bankrupt without unions; it's management is crap, they can't compete with Japanese car makers and they invested in the wrong types of car design; now the management want to sack 1000s of workers to correct problems they themselves created.
Old Jan 11th 2006, 6:45 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Where is it written that an employee should care about the company's well-being? I mean they might be concerened but they certainly shouldn't ......

Employment should be a I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine; like where I work there's give and take on both sides.

GM would go bankrupt without unions; it's management is crap, they can't compete with Japanese car makers and they invested in the wrong types of car design; now the management want to sack 1000s of workers to correct problems they themselves created.
Remember that old management school adage: "The boss is always right"
Old Jan 11th 2006, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Remember that old management school adage: "The boss is always right"
If that were true I would be out of a job!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 6:49 am
Account Closed

If that were true I would be out of a job!
Of course in reality it's actually: "The boss always likes to think they are right. But luckly for them they have good employees under them that can bail them out of crap decisions."
Old Jan 11th 2006, 6:50 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Of course in reality it's actually: "The boss always likes to think they are right. But luckly for them they have good employees under them that can bail them out of crap decisions."
Oh, how true that is!
Old Jan 11th 2006, 6:53 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yosser
If your going to Houston you will need to arm yerself with one of these....

lol hey guys I was just driving along the freeway this morning and my horn started and would not quit..lol OMG I was duckin' and divin' the bullets..lol anyway had to head back home with the car horn going intermittently...must have leccy probs....what was that we were talking about not doing if you drive in Texas..lol :scared:
Old Jan 11th 2006, 6:58 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly most don't. But they sure like to bitch about it when they feel they are getting screwed.

I agree

I agree with most of that, but having to pay an average of $120,000 for a machinist to load parts, or a forklift driver to carry them has gone a long way to help them dig the hole. GM, Ford DCX, CAT, you name it... the UAW/Unions have f**ked themselves out of a job...
Old Jan 11th 2006, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ironporer
Sadly most don't. But they sure like to bitch about it when they feel they are getting screwed.

I agree

I agree with most of that, but having to pay an average of $120,000 for a machinist to load parts, or a forklift driver to carry them has gone a long way to help them dig the hole. GM, Ford DCX, CAT, you name it... the UAW/Unions have f**ked themselves out of a job...
Perhaps GM should go the Japanese route.... make all their employees get up at 5am and do Kendo for 2 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.