Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Barrack Obama, YES WE CAN !!!!!!

Barrack Obama, YES WE CAN !!!!!!

Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:06 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barrack Obama, YES WE CAN !!!!!!

Originally Posted by Floridared
Iv'e noticed that Republicans are always trying to force their point of view down your throat, :
I though it was Clinton that liked to force down the throat ...
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I though it was Clinton that liked to force down the throat ...

Don't worry, it was probably hardly noticeable.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 7:14 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Actually, I think if you look at the history of US presidents, Obama could have been almost anyone and been elected.

Almost never has one party, democratic or republican, held the office of president for more than two terms.

Basically they just take turns. People get disgusted with whoever/the party in office, and the next party takes over. 8 years later, usually, the cycle repeats.

So now it's the democrats turn. 4 to 8 years from now, the republicans will almost certainly be back.

Yes, someone can go find an exception - it has occurred. But very very rarely.
LOL see, someone can find some expceptions.

There are more 3 terms than I saw the first time.

But in general, there is a continued pattern of alternating, and I expect they still will.

I practically didn't care who was elected this time, they were all idiots imo. Although I would have preferred McCain, it sure was the lesser of the evils.

Not referring specifically to this election - but I am realizing just how much I disapprove of the electoral college. In this case, Obama would have won either way - I think he got 52% of the popular vote, but WAY more than that of the electoral college. But the more I think about it, I think the electoral college is utter bs - should be just one citizen, one vote, imo.

Don't worry, it was probably hardly noticeable.
If Sarah Palin isnt available in 2012 be sure to contact the GOP, you sound eminently qualified, or at least as qualified as the last hopeful.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
If Sarah Palin isnt available in 2012 be sure to contact the GOP, you sound eminently qualified, or at least as qualified as the last hopeful.
Thank you - I think.

The last thing on earth I'd be is a politician however, I'm afraid I'm not a good liar for a start. Ugh to the lot of 'em.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 7:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Well last time around, all they needed to put up was a monkey to get Bush out, and yet Kerry still managed to not get the job done, so I'm not sure about that one.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bob
Well last time around, all they needed to put up was a monkey to get Bush out, and yet Kerry still managed to not get the job done, so I'm not sure about that one.
Seems most of the time the guy in office has the advantage for the second term.

But after two terms, unless they're really popular, appears that it tends to switch.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:34 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you - I think.

The last thing on earth I'd be is a politician however, I'm afraid I'm not a good liar for a start. Ugh to the lot of 'em.
You're Welcome.

Being a liar isnt the only qualification - Self deception is pretty high up on the list of qualities too.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kate2112
You're Welcome.

Being a liar isnt the only qualification - Self deception is pretty high up on the list of qualities too.
Apparently true.

Given some time, I'm sure we could think of some other equally admirable qualities.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:50 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
What kinda helluva statement is that? I'd revise that comment as quickly as possible. It has a VERY strong racial meaning. I'd hate to associate you with that.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ugacrew
What kinda helluva statement is that? I'd revise that comment as quickly as possible. It has a VERY strong racial meaning. I'd hate to associate you with that.
Come on, he didn't mean it racially at all - we know Bob's not like that.

People can say 'monkey' just to mean something humanoid and not very bright - I'm sure that's all he meant.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:54 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You've got the wrong end of the stick there.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:56 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You've got the wrong end of the stick there.
No I don't. 'Monkey' is considered a racial slur in the US.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:56 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Are you picking on my monkey
Attached Thumbnails Barrack Obama, YES WE CAN !!!!!!-ugly.jpg  
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:57 pm
Junior Showtime

Apparently true.

Given some time, I'm sure we could think of some other equally admirable qualities.
Hide like a Rhino? not sure that this quality is admirable but necessary apparently.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

No I don't. 'Monkey' is considered a racial slur in the US.
I'm positive Bob didn't mean it that way...he isn't like that. I don't think you will get one person on this site to say a bad word about him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.