Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Backlash Begins

Backlash Begins

Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:48 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Backlash Begins

Originally Posted by krizzy
Well they think that the Falkland islands are off the coast of Scotland.......
Isn't it?
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:49 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
I can't actually find anything on the net to support this claim.
Me neither. Also I've never heard of the site that the OP's link refers to.

Edit: Never mind, Ray found the story on another site.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:49 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I can't actually find anything on the net to support this claim.
http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/View...icleID=1080863

Not quite the firebomb story ..
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:54 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Isn't it?
Its not if you live outside the USA.....in the real world.....

You know I moaned at my sons USA English teacher because his spelling was so bad.. but he was still getting A's.......she told me spelling was not important.....so maybe they think the same about where a place is......if its not the capital of some US State.......who cares where it is or how you spell it..........
Old Jul 9th 2005, 4:00 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
Well they think that the Falkland islands are off the coast of Scotland.......
As did everyone in the UK until the Argentine invasion
Old Jul 9th 2005, 4:06 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney

Really.....I remember learning about them in school many moons ago......maybe a lot of the Brits took that day off of school.........
Old Jul 9th 2005, 4:12 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

I knew where they were because at one point in the mid 70s when I was a kid my dad considered accepting a teaching job there - he took me along to the Commonwealth Institute in London when he went to do some research on the islands.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Ikke will become famous soon enoughIkke will become famous soon enough

Another view of Fox 'News'

http://www.newshounds.us/
Old Jul 9th 2005, 4:16 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

this is a joke, right?
You have to remember that for the Busheviks*, "liberal bias" is defined as an absence of far-right bias. CNN has moved to the right in recent years, though it has a long way to go before the Busheviks would consider it fair and balanced.

*= © Molly Ivins
Old Jul 9th 2005, 4:33 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

It's like someone towed a part of Wales that nobody wanted and dropped it in the corner of the Atlantic...........
Old Jul 9th 2005, 4:48 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dimsie
I know I've seen mention of this several times ...it makes me soooo mad I love PBS!

Bush and his conservatives are truely absurd ...I was watching were they wouldn't air a kids show that showed a cartoon charater joining a family to make breakfast....it was a two mom family...apparently airring the show would make all of America's innocent children gay....these people are unbelievable! and most of them are in positions of power

and watch your insults about Wales gruff or I'll string you up by your short and curlies
Old Jul 9th 2005, 4:50 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
... a part of Wales that nobody wanted...
You mean the whole of Wales, right?
Old Jul 9th 2005, 4:52 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
et tu Wintersong?
Old Jul 9th 2005, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Wintersong
It would have been ohhh so easy to do a Wales/Falklands joke, I thought better of it........ (thats a first)
Old Jul 9th 2005, 5:08 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
et tu Wintersong?

FTR, I love Wales and all things Welsh. Except Anne Robinson who is a pure, unadulterated bitch.

I especially like Betws-y-Coed. And...erm..... errrrr...... that's all I can think of for now, but I'm sure more will come to me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.