Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Backlash Begins

Backlash Begins

Old Jul 9th 2005, 2:57 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Backlash Begins

[QUOTE=dbickle]The right wing propaganda on Fox is no better or no worse than the left wing pinko bullshit that you see on other news networks.QUOTE]

Sesame Street presumably.....
Old Jul 9th 2005, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
I don't think the type of coverage on the news over here can help that kind of thing. On the day of the bombings Fox was implying all Europeans were cowards and it was our own fault and perhaps now we would join the fight.

I guess they somehow missed the fact that the British have been fighting alongside them for the last two years in their supposed "War on Terror."

CNN then took it one step further last night and implied it was because we let so many muslims live in the UK, and that in turn makes the US unsafe because of the visa waiver programme.

With both of those channels available in the UK, it's not hard to see how ignorant people could be swayed to believe that all muslims were out to get us, which is absolute bollocks.

Here are a few of the classics from the news over the last few days.

Fox presenter letting slip what he really thinks

Quote for those who don't want to go to the link:

"That these people are, If necessary, prepared to spill Arab blood in addition to the blood of regular -- of nonarab people living in London."

I was unaware Muslims were not regular people like you and I but obviously the fair and balanced Fox knows better.

Bill O'Reilly bollocks

Part of the Quote:

"This morning I was having breakfast in Killarney, Ireland when the terror attack news broke. My first thought was: Al Qaeda trying to disrupt the G8 summit in Scotland. My second thought was: Now, maybe Europe will wise up. The terrorists are the evildoers, not the U. S. A."

Yes, Bill, please go and tell the families of the British soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan that they didn't step up to fight.

As for wising up, the vast majority of Europeans I know are Anti-Bush not Anti-USA and this "with us or against us" attitude is just sickening crap.

Propagandist, right wing, racist crap, like the stuff Fox pumps out every day just shouldn't be allowed air time.

The kind of reporting that portrays all Muslim people as evil doers intent on blowing us all up is irresponsible at best, and inspires the kind of lynch mob attitude seen in these attacks.

I agree ! I heard someone making a remark similar to those you quote, implying that Europe ought to get involved. I shouted loud abuse at the TV screen!!!

If they want to make comments like that they should at least say "mainland Europe". I suspect that most people in the USA think of Britain as separate from Europe, still. They probably do not mean it as it sounds, but that does not excuse public speakers who should be less ignorant
Old Jul 9th 2005, 2:59 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Sesame Street presumably.....
That's the one
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:09 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbickle
Here we go again, blame Fox News for all of the evil in the world. The right wing propaganda on Fox is no better or no worse than the left wing pinko bullshit that you see on other news networks. Can anyone recommend a news channel where they just read the news without all of the politics?
You are joking right?

The Daily Mail has a more balanced news reporting style than fox news.

I also need you definition of 'pinko bullshit'

I prefer news channels that show news, not some o'reilly spouting his opinion.

If they changed the channel to 'fox opinion' then that would be fine, but right now millions of ignorant, unimformed americans take the drivel that they produce as gospel

Last edited by Paul; Jul 9th 2005 at 4:07 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:10 pm
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dimsie
If they want to make comments like that they should at least say "mainland Europe". I suspect that most people in the USA think of Britain as separate from Europe, still. They probably do not mean it as it sounds, but that does not excuse public speakers who should be less ignorant

They probably think England is off the cost of Nova Scotia

Also the fact we still have the pound is probably a dead giveaway that the UK isn't in europe
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go again, blame Fox News for all of the evil in the world. The right wing propaganda on Fox is no better or no worse than the left wing pinko bullshit that you see on other news networks. Can anyone recommend a news channel where they just read the news without all of the politics?
Where is this left wing pinko bullshit you speak of? I've been here two years, I've yet to see anything on the news channels that isn't Bush butt kissing, gay bashing, and/or the world according to Karl Rove.

I'd love to balance things out a little with some pinko bullshit

I'm certainly not blaming Fox for all the evil in the world but their ignorant, racist, war mongering certainly doesn't represent Fair and Balanced.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:17 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN

I prefer news channels that show news, not some f@cking c@nt like o'reilly spouting his f@cked up opinion.
And I challenged people to find me a news network that just shows the news. CNN has a liberal bias, Fox has a conservative bias. Maybe I am better off watching Sesame Street for the news.....
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:18 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

This is the best news on air IMHO. The Newshour on Public TV ;

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:20 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

And I challenged people to find me a news network that just shows the news. CNN has a liberal bias, Fox has a conservative bias. Maybe I am better off watching Sesame Street for the news.....
Until GW gets rid of commie pinko PBS that is................
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:25 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

CNN has a liberal bias.....
this is a joke, right?
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Until GW gets rid of commie pinko PBS that is................
http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0617-27.htm

He's trying hard to do it!
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:30 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

Originally Posted by elfman
this is a joke, right?
Reporting it as I see it. I think that CNN is biased, although not as biased as Fox.

Last edited by dbickle; Jul 9th 2005 at 3:53 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by Dimsie
yeah I know....truly bizzarre
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:41 pm
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN
They probably think England is off the cost of Nova Scotia

Also the fact we still have the pound is probably a dead giveaway that the UK isn't in europe
Well they think that the Falkland islands are off the coast of Scotland.......
Old Jul 9th 2005, 3:46 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doctor scrumpy
I heard on the news this morning of a mosque being firebombed in Leeds.
I can't actually find anything on the net to support this claim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.