Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

The 20 worst (restaurant) foods in America

The 20 worst (restaurant) foods in America

Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:19 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default The 20 worst (restaurant) foods in America

Is your favorite on the list?

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatt...n-america-2009

"Can an appetizer with the caloric equivalent of 13 Krispy Kreme doughnuts be justified? No. The 2,710-calorie Awesome Blossom has been purged from Chili's menu--maybe the fat-drenched appetizer couldn't withstand the scrutiny of being named to the Eat This, Not That! list of the Worst Foods in America last year. No matter the reason, we applaud this waist-expanding starter's retirement."

There are some serious calories here!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Swisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud ofSwisstony has much to be proud of
Default Re: The 20 worst (restaurant) foods in America

i don't know about the nutritional value, but for downright unpleasantness, I suggest it would hard to beat the side order of 'dumplins' at Cracker Barrell my family and I unfortunately experienced over the holidays - what on earth is it made of? Texture like jelly fish and no discernible taste??? WTF??!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 12:59 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Arby's is my worst ... the box it comes in tastes better than the food
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swisstony
i don't know about the nutritional value, but for downright unpleasantness, I suggest it would hard to beat the side order of 'dumplins' at Cracker Barrell my family and I unfortunately experienced over the holidays - what on earth is it made of? Texture like jelly fish and no discernible taste??? WTF??!
Outbacks Bloomin Onion.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:06 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Janek66
Outbacks Bloomin Onion.
But that's Australian.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
But that's Australian.
and that has what to do with it?

We just had an IHOP open up here ewwwww that was horrid too.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:21 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by Janek66
and that has what to do with it?

We just had an IHOP open up here ewwwww that was horrid too.
Well it's the 20 worst foods in America, but that onion came from OZ, right? We can't be blamed for it.

I haven't been to an IHOP in years. I always went to a local place called "Uncle Bill's". It was open 24hrs and I knew a waitress who worked nights there and she gave me free coffee. She found a wallet in a booth once that had $300 in it. She was living in her car at the time and didn't have a dime to her name. So, we took the $300 and drank every bit of it during an all day bender starting when she got off work that morning. Christ, that seems like a thousand years ago.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:23 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

I have to admit to having eaten a Hardee's biscuit this past weekend. I had a craving for biscuits but couldn't be bothered to make my own (from scratch) so I bought a few for breakfast (for two of us).

I didn't buy the Monster Biscuit but just a pork chop biscuit with gravy. The pork chop and gravy was OK (this was the first time I'd even eaten a pork chop with gravy anywhere) but the biscuit was bad. Just plain bad. Not light and fluffy but somewhat doughy. That'll teach me to buy a biscuit from a burger joint.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:23 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I have to admit to having eaten a Hardee's biscuit this past weekend. I had a craving for biscuits but couldn't be bothered to make my own (from scratch) so I bought a few for breakfast (for two of us).

I didn't buy the Monster Biscuit but just a pork chop biscuit with gravy. The pork chop and gravy was OK (this was the first time I'd even eaten a pork chop with gravy anywhere) but the biscuit was bad. Just plain bad. Not light and fluffy but somewhat doughy. That'll teach me to buy a biscuit from a burger joint.
Popeyes has good biscuits.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:28 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swisstony
I haven't tried the dumplings at Cracker Barrel but I just think it's wrong to expect good food at a Cracker Barrel if the branch isn't in the South. Really.

I happen to like Cracker Barrel once in a while for breakfast. I don't imagine any visiting Southerners would bother to eat in a Cracker Barrel up North. I know I wouldn't.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:29 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

Popeyes has good biscuits.
My restaurant has very good biscuits but they're not exactly a short ride away when I have the craving. Oh, I make them.

The only Popeyes near me is in the airport (I think).
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well it's the 20 worst foods in America, but that onion came from OZ, right? We can't be blamed for it.

I haven't been to an IHOP in years. I always went to a local place called "Uncle Bill's". It was open 24hrs and I knew a waitress who worked nights there and she gave me free coffee. She found a wallet in a booth once that had $300 in it. She was living in her car at the time and didn't have a dime to her name. So, we took the $300 and drank every bit of it during an all day bender starting when she got off work that morning. Christ, that seems like a thousand years ago.
What a great story!

Outback maybe Aussie but its here in America, here in Martinsburg WV to be specific and it sucks, greasy nasty stuff and that includes the wait staff
Old Jan 15th 2009, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Without any doubt whatsoever Taco f**kin Bell are the food suplier from Hell.

F**KIN IMITATION MEXICAN SHIT .... Now real Mexican shit wouldn't be half as bad ... But the total garbage they sell is a f**kin disgrace.

The only good but at Taco bell ? .... Long John Silvers
Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler

F**KIN IMITATION MEXICAN SHIT .... Now real Mexican shit wouldn't be half as bad ... But the total garbage they sell is a f**kin disgrace.

Can't get real Mexican sh*t here anyway. The stuff I had in Mexico was totally different, loved it! Even the street vendor stuff (the Americans I was with looked at me in abject horror when I ordered tacos from a street vendor but they were fab).
Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:47 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler

So did you get your 99c back because the taco didn't live up to your gourmet expectations?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.