visa overstay.

Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:31 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: visa overstay.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Has anyone noticed that I haven't said a word?

Ian

You were helping the guy with the Nigerian lover.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:36 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa overstay.

Ian
Yes.. May I ask why?
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

timeofmylife will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by evoal2003
The answer is in your inbox.

Sorry to the OP.
that is ok. anyone got any constructive advice?
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by timeofmylife
no actually what i wrote was not all factual....
fact came over 2 years ago was staying with the preson who is now my husband but we were not going out we were just friends. six months ago we took it to a more personal level and started dating. we then got married 3 weeks ago. yes i overstayed my visa i don't need to justify why i did to you. also my daughter has not seen her dad since she was 2 so six years and no he didn't give me permission to bring her here he has no rights at all in that respect.
i did not come on here to be critized for what i have done just to ask for advice.
Explain your story at the interview, I suggest you get your story straight first.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:00 am
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: visa overstay.

File AOS. Your overstay will be overlooked due to the marrige to a US citizen. I'm no expert on this but from what I've read here seems to be the way forward. I have no idea on your child, is there a name on the Birth Cert?

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

alan
PS all the best to you.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:03 am
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

I gave you some very constructive advice. I sent you a link to clear and helpful information about what steps you need to take next.

But who listens to me anyway?

Marnee
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:04 am
Cool Member

USA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond reputeUSA & Pakistan has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
Who let the dog out?
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:07 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1Duckie
Explain your story at the interview, I suggest you get your story straight first.
o how little you know....
you can't resist putting your little digs in can you....
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:08 am
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

just what everone else has told you file the papers.
if your marriage is genuine you have nothing to worry about.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:14 am
Payed up premium member

Smile Re: visa overstay.

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan

Marnee
Alot more people than you'll ever realise.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:33 am
Just Joined

timeofmylife will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by USA & Pakistan
I gave you some very constructive advice. I sent you a link to clear and helpful information about what steps you need to take next.

Marnee

Thankyou i did check out the link.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can the child AOS without the fathers permission?

I just wondered because it seems that you can not even move State, never mind Country without the OK.

Sorry - on topic.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:49 am
staying around

Originally Posted by Boiler
Can the child AOS without the fathers permission?

I just wondered because it seems that you can not even move State, never mind Country without the OK.

Sorry - on topic.
at the risk of being flamed by the duck and others i will answer you and say yes kids can aos without permission from the father.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you.

I quite like Duck a L'Orange

Perhaps Ray can provide the recipe?
Old Apr 21st 2005, 12:55 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Constructive advice is that you are here illegally and have been for two years. As you are now married to a USC and it would appear on the surface that was not your intent upon entering the US, then you are free to file for adjustment of status for yourself and your child based on that marriage. Your husband would file an I-130 for you and her and you would file an I-485 for you and her and all the accompanying petitions and supporting documentation required to go with the petitions.

The moment your filings are accepted you are once again in status. There is no guarantee that CIS at the time of your AOS interview won't take issue with your illegal stay. Although it is forgiven for the spouses of US citizens.

My most constructive advice would be to seek the counsel of a good immigration attorney. Let them help you in filing your paperwork and work with you to minimize any risk factors you might encounter. It is doable but be sure that you i's are dotted and your t's crossed. And do try to get permission from the child's father for her immigration unless, of course, you have a court order stating you can take the child where you please or if he is not listed as the father on her birth certificate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.