visa overstay.

Old Apr 22nd 2005, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future
Default Re: visa overstay.

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Duckie,

Just to clear up what her Q was....previously you had said that no one on the VWP should be allowed to obtain a marriage license, period.

Her question was, in that case, how could a person who is here on the VWP get married and then return home to process the visa (as is the correct way).

The method you proposed about anyone on the VWP not being able to get a marriage license would also rule out those people here on the VWP who DO intend to go back after marriage and pursue the visa.

Just clearing up the Q

Rene
This is my point exactly. They should not be allowed to marry without K1 in hand.

Currently you are suppose to leave and K3 - MOST do not.

So therefore block the loophole.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future1Duckie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by candy wy.
ok i did tell one of the mods that i was not going to contribute to these threads anymore.. but your are just to stupid to shut up when you have not got a clue what you are on about... if someone enters the usa with no intent to marry at the time of entry.. they are within the law to adjust status they do not have to go back to there own country and get a k-3. you may not like that people do this, but immigration do not see a problem. to any one reading this who is in the usa and has married on the visa waiver see an attorney, they are the best people to advice you not some immigration forum.. to you duckie i am done arguing the subject with you.
Chill Candy.
No need to argue... I cannot change the rules... Wish I could... I haven't the power to do so.

Don' fry your little brain over this issue. It's just a forum..
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 4:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1Duckie
and where does it say that?
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Currently people that come on a visa waver and marry are suppose to go back to their country and K3.. so what is your question.
I am staying away from the opinions about how things should be or not, but when wrong information is posted I will correct it to the best of my knowledge.

They are not supposed to 'go back and K3'. There are other options available other than going back and K3. One could go back and opt for an immigrant visa, for instance. And I'm certain that the people in the situation Duckie described, are capable of finding out the other legal options for themselves one way or another, and choose whichever one fits them best.

Elaine
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Gigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant future

This is my point exactly. They should not be allowed to marry without K1 in hand.

So therefore block the loophole.
You completely miss the point. It is NOT a loophope for those who intend to return and proceed with a CR-1 (no idea why anyone would bother with K3 in these times)

A K1 visa was not an option for me, with an aging mother and two kids in Europe. I couldn't risk not being able to return in an emergency whilst waiting out AP. We had two choices .. marry in USA or marry in Spain. Marrying in Spain, my husband would have had to take well over a month off work .. and he simply couldn't do that.

This board used to be full of good information for anyone considering immigration. Actually it still is .. but having to wade through dozens of posts that are useless, judgemental or erroneous takes more time than it's worth.

My thanks go out to those few who set us on the right road a couple of years ago. Thank God they still post and in the spirit that was originally intended.

And to the OP. You didn't start this in the best way .. no doubt about that! But I hope you are able to sort out your situation with the help of a good immigration lawyer.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 12:21 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
and where does it say that?
Quite right.... and this is no particular loophole ..read the I-585 very carefully people...its all there...
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gigiola
You completely miss the point. It is NOT a loophope for those who intend to return and proceed with a CR-1 (no idea why anyone would bother with K3 in these times)

A K1 visa was not an option for me, with an aging mother and two kids in Europe. I couldn't risk not being able to return in an emergency whilst waiting out AP. We had two choices .. marry in USA or marry in Spain. Marrying in Spain, my husband would have had to take well over a month off work .. and he simply couldn't do that.

This board used to be full of good information for anyone considering immigration. Actually it still is .. but having to wade through dozens of posts that are useless, judgemental or erroneous takes more time than it's worth.

My thanks go out to those few who set us on the right road a couple of years ago. Thank God they still post and in the spirit that was originally intended.

And to the OP. You didn't start this in the best way .. no doubt about that! But I hope you are able to sort out your situation with the help of a good immigration lawyer.
This is fun..
Don't you guys know by now that EVERYONE thinks they are right.. ?

Me included...

In the end.. it this OP will have to deal with the mess she got herself into as you all did who OVERSTAYED and adjusted, had to.

I for one am not staying up nights worried about my interview... AND I am for certain not going to worry about yours.

You want help.. ask, research, consult an attorney, or get back on the slow boat to your country and LIVE... HAPPY.

PEACE..
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 5:51 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

This is fun..
Don't you guys know by now that EVERYONE thinks they are right.. ?
Me included...
And you are wrong !!!! I will repeat myself... There is nothing inherently illegal about marrying a US citizen after arriving her on a visa waiver.....or staying
Cos you don't like it ...Tough...
Now as people know I never defended anyone who did it ...
But your attitude has pissed me off so much ..I am going to join their side
and fight you and Ian.... Let battle commence ...

One additional comment .. I now know for a fact... the original OP was a fake ...

Last edited by Ray; Apr 22nd 2005 at 5:55 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 6:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

People lie.. criminals lie..

Not everyone has good judgement. A police certificate IS REQUIRED when you CR1- IR-1 into the USA.. it is a good deal for AMERICIA.

Your response is CRAP.

Or do you not care about OUR COUNTRY. you stupid bit.h

Duckie

Because someone does not agree with your opinion does not make their replies to your opinion crap. Nor does it give you the right to start a mudslinging match. You want to do that there is a forum here on BE for just that type of posting. It is called Take It Outside.

A police certificate is nice but unless it is coming from a first world country can you be 100% sure that the agency providing it has accepted a bribe to make it acceptable to the DOS?

Rete
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
And you are wrong !!!! I will repeat myself... There is nothing inherently illegal about marrying a US citizen after arriving her on a visa waiver.....or staying
Cos you don't like it ...Tough...
Now as people know I never defended anyone who did it ...
But your attitude has pissed me off so much ..I am going to join their side
and fight you and Ian.... Let battle commence ...

One additional comment .. I now know for a fact... the original OP was a fake ...
I am not an army.. So if you are expecting a fight it will be with yourself.

You may think I am wrong.. I think I am right.. potato - potatoe

I have attitude because I have original thought patterns- something I am proud of .. what about you?

I also have the guts to stand up for myself – sticks and stones ..

If indeed the OP was fake.. why is everyone’s knickers in a twist…. Why because I would like our country to do something about the OVERSTAY situation?

The rest of you have criminal minds… and want to justify your actions for your OVERSTAY – and you found a place to give you the support you need to stay and adjust…legally.. so what is the big deal.. ?
I simply do not loose sleep worried about your interview experience..

What a beautiful day, isn’t it?.. Oh.. sorry.. original thought.. may offend others.. must try not to have original thought.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 7:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Duckie

You are allowing your anger and hostility to color the issues and that not is a good thing.

There are rules and regulations in place and one of those is that if a foreigner marries a USC and the foreigner entered the US legally but is in overstay, the overstay is forgiven. This holds true of working without permission.

You may not like it but there is no reason to be hostile or angry with the person. Your feelings should be directly to the agency that is double dealing.

Perhaps you need sometime to cool down.

Rete

I have met some great people on this forum... some of which married and overstayed...

I have my views and they have theirs..
Then there are the plain STUPID people that only think of themselves. They rush to marry rush to adjust, then later you read in forums like this about the spousal abuse, criminal activity, their spouse leaving them for another person, and they want advise.. because they DID NOT KNOW THE PERSON THEY MARRIED.

PEOPLE THAT OVERSTAY are in clear VIOLATION OF their VISA. I hope to heck that something soon will be done about this... I don't care that they married.. and ADJUSTED. The OVERSTAY was wrong

I am a bit less hostile when people marry before they overstay and adjust.. but I do not have anything good for those that OVERSTAY and marry the first person that comes along.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Duckie

Because someone does not agree with your opinion does not make their replies to your opinion crap. Nor does it give you the right to start a mudslinging match. You want to do that there is a forum here on BE for just that type of posting. It is called Take It Outside.

A police certificate is nice but unless it is coming from a first world country can you be 100% sure that the agency providing it has accepted a bribe to make it acceptable to the DOS?

Rete
Hey Rete.. If you noticed I stopped mud slinging eons ago... back on post 83. If you research after that.. been very nice..

I may not agree with others, they don't agree with me.. so be it.. As my mother used to say.. there was only one perfect person in the world and look what they did to him..
Not that I am perfect..
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 7:12 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by eggysbrain
****start rant

thats just a ridiculous response, period. IF and only IF a marriage is spur of the moment and that person is on a visa waiver should it be allowed. How many times has this argument been rehashed and done to death. EVERY situation is unique and what gives you the right to judge other people?? Those who exploit the visa waiver SHOULD be punished, but how dare you judge those who have gone this route both legally and successfully? I am so sick of the judging that goes on on this board- we all have the same goal and we should be supporting and helping each other instead of going over the same tired crap over and over again!!

****rant over

What you, rather everyone has to remember, is that in life, as is on this newsgroup, everyone judges. There is not one instance in your daily life that you do not make a judgment in regards to another person. It could be the person sitting next to you on the bus, standing across from you on the supermarket line, your co-worker or boss, the clerk that takes your money, whatever. When you look at someone or interact with another person, you automatically make a judgment and categorize that person based on the information your senses have taken in.

That is all that is going on here. However, just as you wouldn't tell the female who is walking towards you that she is dressed like a hooker, I would like it if people who frequent newsgroups would stop verbalizing their judgments based on a passing glance and/or on their comparison of one's morality based against theirs.

Enough ... a warning to all. Name calling and slanderous remarks are not going to be accepted in this forum. You want to play dirty, don't do it here.

Rete
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
What you, rather everyone has to remember, is that in life, as is on this newsgroup, everyone judges. There is not one instance in your daily life that you do not make a judgment in regards to another person. It could be the person sitting next to you on the bus, standing across from you on the supermarket line, your co-worker or boss, the clerk that takes your money, whatever. When you look at someone or interact with another person, you automatically make a judgment and categorize that person based on the information your senses have taken in.

That is all that is going on here. However, just as you wouldn't tell the female who is walking towards you that she is dressed like a hooker, I would like it if people who frequent newsgroups would stop verbalizing their judgments based on a passing glance and/or on their comparison of one's morality based against theirs.

Enough ... a warning to all. Name calling and slanderous remarks are not going to be accepted in this forum. You want to play dirty, don't do it here.

Rete
Will and have always respected you. You have corrected me when I am wrong, you have praised those that are right, and you have treated everyone with respect.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 7:26 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Will and have always respected you.
And this means?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.