Visa interview time frames

Old Aug 1st 2022, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Onomatopoeia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa interview time frames

Originally Posted by shiversaint
It would be good if the people in this thread could report back with how their interviews go. I have heard through a friend that E-2s have become more difficult to get and renew, but I have no real evidence of it other than his case.
Had my renewal interview today in London and it was pretty much an identical experience to 5 years ago (just a new Embassy!) - very laid back and straightforward, just a lot of waiting around to be called to the window.
Old Aug 1st 2022, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

porkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DannyW
Hi all,

Not sure I saw an answer to this, but are you able to book an interview slot in another country? Dublin is currently showing as 15 days for appointments at the moment, that seems much more palatable than 90 days for London! I'm guessing not though as you'll probably have to be where your passport is issued, but not sure if this matters for a visa?
Did you ever find out the answer to this? Dublin still at 20 days vs 75 in Belfast/London.
Old Aug 1st 2022, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

MrGlasgow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia
Had my renewal interview today in London and it was pretty much an identical experience to 5 years ago (just a new Embassy!) - very laid back and straightforward, just a lot of waiting around to be called to the window.
Great, thanks Onomatopoeia for sharing. Did they ask any specific questions about "Strong ties" to Uk? Or did you present any document related to this requirement?
Old Aug 2nd 2022, 12:24 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrGlasgow
Great, thanks Onomatopoeia for sharing. Did they ask any specific questions about "Strong ties" to Uk? Or did you present any document related to this requirement?
General comment: the definitions for the various non-immigrant classes are found at the definition of “immigrant” found at section 101(a)(15) of the Immigration & Nationality Act (parallel cite of 8 US Code 1101(a)(15)). The subsections designate the visa classifications. So, the definition of E non-immigrant classification is found at 101(a)(15)(E).

The definitions of B visitor, F student, H-2 temporary worker, etc have an express requirement of a residence abroad with no intent to abandon. In stark contrast, the E classification does NOT have that express requirement. Accordingly, intent to return to foreign residence is quite attenuated.
Old Aug 2nd 2022, 5:44 am
Just Joined

My lawyer had me sign a “statement of intent to depart” which is common and that was all. It didn’t come up at the interview. I wouldn’t worry about it unless you have some unique factors that would get the consular officer’s attention somehow
Old Aug 2nd 2022, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

Good to know. Thanks, both.
Old Aug 4th 2022, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

DannyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Whichever country you list at the start of your DS160 is the country/city you have to visit. There are no changes available. I think it's a little misleading as the information on the embassy website suggests you can, but the cities it refers to both have to be within the same country (which is why you get the choice of Belfast or London if you select the UK). If you're based in the UK I'd select this though, I just accepted the first appointment and then constantly kept going back to the reschedule appointment option to see if there had been any cancellations. You can change as many times as you like up to the day before your actual appointment date. I manage to get a number of cancellations to move the date up, then one appeared for 2 weeks after my application. You just need to check at random parts of the day, almost like getting Glastonbury tickets! I just left a browser tab opened and checked every now and again when I was at work.

Good luck!
Old Aug 4th 2022, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

porkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DannyW
Whichever country you list at the start of your DS160 is the country/city you have to visit. There are no changes available. I think it's a little misleading as the information on the embassy website suggests you can, but the cities it refers to both have to be within the same country (which is why you get the choice of Belfast or London if you select the UK). If you're based in the UK I'd select this though, I just accepted the first appointment and then constantly kept going back to the reschedule appointment option to see if there had been any cancellations. You can change as many times as you like up to the day before your actual appointment date. I manage to get a number of cancellations to move the date up, then one appeared for 2 weeks after my application. You just need to check at random parts of the day, almost like getting Glastonbury tickets! I just left a browser tab opened and checked every now and again when I was at work.

Good luck!
OK that's great thanks. I was pretty worried about the 80 days from the website but sounds like with a bit of dedication and luck I should be able to move it up a chunk. I have a good success record getting Glastonbury tickets so hopefully my refresh skills are up to scratch!
Old Aug 19th 2022, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

My E2 visa renewal is approved today. I have noticed that E2 folks need to go to booth P1 and P2 Only for document verification, and then you just queue up for any available window for the actual interview. Mine took less than 10 minutes, so the experience was the same as five years ago. Onomatopoeia Thanks for your help. May I ask how long it took for you to get the passport back after the interview day?
Old Aug 19th 2022, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

My E2 visa renewal is approved today. I have noticed that E2 folks need to go to booth P1 and P2 Only for document verification, and then you just queue up for any available window for the actual interview. Mine took less than 10 minutes, so the experience was the same as five years ago. Onomatopoeia Thanks for your help. May I ask how long it took for you to get the passport back after the interview day?
Congrats! My experience this time was same as yours really

My interview was on a Monday morning and passport was ready to collect on Friday morning (I was gonna be in London anyway so did the option to collect from DX instead of home delivery)
Old Aug 20th 2022, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Onomatopoeia .
Old Sep 21st 2022, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point

How long does it take for the US embassy to invite for an interview after submission of the initial E2 application / package ?
Old Sep 21st 2022, 10:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fs05
How long does it take for the US embassy to invite for an interview after submission of the initial E2 application / package ?
When you say initial application, what have you applied for? If you can tell people exactly which stage you're at and where you're applying, somebody may be able to help.
Old Sep 21st 2022, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

fs05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Apologies i really do not understand stages, but by application i mean that my business case along with financials etc. / investment requirements/ business incorporation documents have been submitted by my lawyer to the US embassy in London.
Old Sep 21st 2022, 11:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fs05
Apologies i really do not understand stages, but by application i mean that my business case along with financials etc. / investment requirements/ business incorporation documents have been submitted by my lawyer to the US embassy in London.
Website says 45 days for review at the moment. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/treat.../how-to-apply/

HTH.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.