Visa interview time frames

Old Jul 5th 2022, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

michen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa interview time frames

Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia
Yep I had the same message - you’re in a waiting pattern now basically, 40-50 days after application submitted (based on my experience and others I’ve spoken to recently) you’ll
get an email either inviting you to schedule appointment at the embassy, or with an RFE. Once you get the interview invite, that same link will suddenly have a “schedule interview” option or something similar
ok that’s great thanks. I have some unexpected shares in my current company that I lose if I hand notice in before a transaction, so the longer the better!!

Appreciate your reply- thank you.
Old Jul 12th 2022, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

MrGlasgow is an unknown quantity at this point

Was this for an E2 visa or a different category? I've spoken to people recently who applied for new E2 or E2 renewals that applied in March/April and got interviews for May/June/July

I just recently applied for E2 renewal (also essential employee) in late April. Our attorney seemed confident of securing an interview for July-Sept timeframe in London… (I know they do a lot of E2s)

The interview itself is usually very quick/straightforward! Mine in 2017 was ~10 mins and felt more like a formality tbh
Hi Onomatopoeia ,
I am also filling out my DS 160 for E2 renewal (employee). Did you manage to get the approval? Although I am working with my company's lawyer, I am looking for input from someone with the recent E2 renewal approval.
  1. Do we also have to prove the "Strong ties" to the UK for renewal? I am currently in the US, so I can't really provide a UK address or pay slips.
Appreciate your help.
Old Jul 12th 2022, 12:18 am
Just Joined

Onomatopoeia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrGlasgow
Hi Onomatopoeia ,
I am also filling out my DS 160 for E2 renewal (employee). Did you manage to get the approval? Although I am working with my company's lawyer, I am looking for input from someone with the recent E2 renewal approval.
  1. Do we also have to prove the "Strong ties" to the UK for renewal? I am currently in the US, so I can't really provide a UK address or pay slips.
Appreciate your help.
I have my interview on August 1st - in the same boat as you (been in the US since 2017 so no proof of “strong ties”) and all the lawyer had me submit was a signed ‘intent to depart’ once e2 status expires. If it comes up as a question at the interview I’ll let you know!
Old Jul 12th 2022, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

I have my interview on August 1st - in the same boat as you (been in the US since 2017 so no proof of “strong ties”) and all the lawyer had me submit was a signed ‘intent to depart’ once e2 status expires. If it comes up as a question at the interview I’ll let you know!
That will be great Onomatopoeia . Thank you.

I suppose you might have provided a US address as your Home address in the DS 160 ? Although I think that technically for VISA, a US address cannot be a HOME address?
Old Jul 12th 2022, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

That will be great Onomatopoeia . Thank you.

I suppose you might have provided a US address as your Home address in the DS 160 ? Although I think that technically for VISA, a US address cannot be a HOME address?

Good question - I honestly can't remember... I would have either used my US address, or my Mum's address in the UK (my UK bank account is still linked to that address too)
Old Jul 13th 2022, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again.
Old Jul 13th 2022, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

It would be good if the people in this thread could report back with how their interviews go. I have heard through a friend that E-2s have become more difficult to get and renew, but I have no real evidence of it other than his case.
Old Jul 14th 2022, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Good question - I honestly can't remember... I would have either used my US address, or my Mum's address in the UK (my UK bank account is still linked to that address too)
​Hi ​​Onomatopoeia , I need more advice on E2 DS 160 if that is OK. There are three places in the DS-160 where they ask about the US Job Duties. Work/Training section and E2 section (present position and position in the USA). I have added the same details in all 3, i.e. US office address and Job duties, because this is renewal. I wanted to check if you did the same?

Thanks again for all your help.
Old Jul 15th 2022, 12:05 am
Just Joined

​Hi ​​Onomatopoeia , I need more advice on E2 DS 160 if that is OK. There are three places in the DS-160 where they ask about the US Job Duties. Work/Training section and E2 section (present position and position in the USA). I have added the same details in all 3, i.e. US office address and Job duties, because this is renewal. I wanted to check if you did the same?

Thanks again for all your help.
Our attorney filled out those sections for us and I can’t recall how he did so unfortunately, sorry!
Old Jul 15th 2022, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, np.
Old Jul 21st 2022, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

BackHomeInTexas is an unknown quantity at this point

We have experience of immigration appointments from the London embassy. It was for the EB3 and we had it early April 2022. Moved to Texas in June once son finished his GCSEs
Old Jul 29th 2022, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Heard back today with an invite to schedule interview (48 days after application) and the first available date was Aug 4th - then basically every other day in August was also available.
​​​Onomatopoeia, Hi. I managed to get an interview on 19th but then USCIS said I booked an appointment under the wrong category. I completed my DS160, went to the appointment website, selected E2 essential employee, and got an appointment.

Can I ask if you followed the same process?
Old Jul 29th 2022, 11:59 am
Just Joined

​​​Onomatopoeia, Hi. I managed to get an interview on 19th but then USCIS said I booked an appointment under the wrong category. I completed my DS160, went to the appointment website, selected E2 essential employee, and got an appointment.

Can I ask if you followed the same process?
I booked my appointment through the https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/niv portal (after being invited to do so via email) - not sure if we're talking about the same website here?
Old Jul 29th 2022, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

michen is an unknown quantity at this point

So weirdly, my DS160 hasn't even been submitted by the immigration lawyers (waiting for something), yet I've been able to book my interview with the link they provided. I have a DS160 ref number but that's it.
Old Jul 29th 2022, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

I booked my appointment through the https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/niv portal (after being invited to do so via email) - not sure if we're talking about the same website here?
i didn't wait for the invitation because I didn't even know I had to. I just used the above link and booked the appointment after completing my DS160 as per my lawyer's advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.