Support E2 reform

Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:02 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Support E2 reform

Originally Posted by pinkcat
Where on earth do you get your information???
Six years of running E-2 forums
All of my employees earn over $50,000 a year with at least another $15,000 in tips on top!
You are a very generous employer ..but that is not the norm by far ...

The following is copied and pasted from the website of a company called Business Force.
Of course if a site say so it must be fact ..
they are selling themselves ..duh!!

The E2 Treaty Trader Investor visa is rapidly becoming the #1 business immigration option for aliens. For as little as a $50,000 investment into a going concern that saves or creates at least two American jobs an Alien can bring their entire family with them.
Name a few people that have got an E-2 with a $50k investment in the last few years

you are thinking about moving to the US, call us email us or send in your consultation questionnaire with your comments. We’ll work with you, to help you find the best path in to the US. We are helping clients with their Student visa plans, work permit needs and green card aspirations. it’s what we do. If you are thinking about marrying an American and can’t figure out whether to get married here or abroad then let us talk you through the pros and cons. If you have reached a complete dead end with your immigration plans, then we may have a breakthrough answer for you. Get in touch today and let’s see how we can help you. Chris M. Ingram, LL.M., ESQ.
Just another saleman .....
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

pinkcat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
JeeZ ..your right I know nothing about E-2 visas ...

You ain't learning nothing are you ..
You have successfuly turned more people against you in a few days
than I ever thought possible ...
If fighting for good people to be treated fairly has turned people on this forum against me, so be it. I couldn't care less what you think because you are ignorant and selfish. The fact that you cannot compehend why E2 is discriminatory is not my concern. Some on here do sympathise and can see that E2 investors contribute to the economy and deserve recognition and reform. Ironically, the Americans whom we have made aware of our situation are incredulous and extremely supportive, signing our petition and writing to their representatives on our behalf.

Throughout history, laws that were flawed have been amended when the flaws have been exposed. E2Reform.org will continue to fight to help familes affected by the flawed E2 restrictions.

I don't understand the hostility I have encountered here. I don't understand why you are so determined not to help your fellow Brits by doing something as simple as signing a petition. Some seem to be concerned with the tone of my posts far more than the content.

Oh well, no point in flogging a dead horse. Life's too short and I've got plenty of work to do trying to help deserving E2 investors find a path to PR.

I hope the nasty-mouths among you get what you so richly deserve.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:07 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

'I've got mine - sod the rest of you' is not the British way and makes me ashamed to be associated with you in any way.
That may be how it appears to you but I can assure you that the people of this site, some of whom have been members for many years, have spent a lot of their time answering questions, sharing experiences and helping each other out.

Some feel that if one moves to a country on a visa that has limitations one should accept those limitations and if they can not then they should not make the move abroad. In other words we have all chosen to move to the US. Whilst I understand and wish you well in your endeavors please note that not everyone agrees with your cause, hence why on occasion the thread may have become a little heated.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:10 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

This forum discourages Brits from E2 investment and claims it is not good for families, but plenty of encouragement is out there.
I'm confused; isn't this your complaint as well?
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
Six years of running E-2 forums

Of course if a site say so it must be fact ..
they are selling themselves ..duh!!

Ray, I KNOW that! I'm trying to show how so many are lured into the trap!

Also, I get MY information from 5 years of LIVING the E2 life and interacting with others in the same boat.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:12 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

..... I don't understand why you are so determined not to help your fellow Brits by doing something as simple as signing a petition. Some seem to be concerned with the tone of my posts far more than the content.

Oh well, no point in flogging a dead horse. Life's too short and I've got plenty of work to do trying to help deserving E2 investors find a path to PR.

I hope the nasty-mouths among you get what you so richly deserve.
Actually the forum has been very fair, we don't normally allow people to come on to the site and post their url all over the place, however we have given you that courtesy and not removed your link even though you have added it to the majority of your posts.

As I said above our members go out of their way to help their fellow expats, if perhaps you had taken the time to read the forums for a while before posting you would have gotten a better feel for the place.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sue
That may be how it appears to you but I can assure you that the people of this site, some of whom have been members for many years, have spent a lot of their time answering questions, sharing experiences and helping each other out.

Some feel that if one moves to a country on a visa that has limitations one should accept those limitations and if they can not then they should not make the move abroad. In other words we have all chosen to move to the US. Whilst I understand and wish you well in your endeavors please note that not everyone agrees with your cause, hence why on occasion the thread may have become a little heated.
Sue,

Thank you for your civil response.

My question is, what about those who come on E2 to see what life here is like, and decide they'd like to stay? They have no options open to them and THAT'S what needs to change. Who in their right mind walks away from a successful business and a happy new life?

Do you have any suggestions for those who do not qualify for EB-5?
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:23 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue,

Thank you for your civil response.

My question is, what about those who come on E2 to see what life here is like, and decide they'd like to stay? They have no options open to them and THAT'S what needs to change. Who in their right mind walks away from a successful business and a happy new life?

Sometimes there isn't an answer, we just have to accept that's the way things are and move on. I'm not saying one or the other is right. Perhaps the only thing that can be done is to encourage others to do as much research as possible before making a move abroad so that they are better prepared to handle the twists and turns of life. There are many visas where there are no guarantees of getting Green Cards and so we have to prepare ourselves in case things don't go the way we hoped.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

For the majority of people there is none, I would not have had one except for the accident of marriage and I was probaby in a better position than 90% plus of the UK population.

But then the same could be said for US Citizens looking to emmigrate to the UK.

That's just life.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 5:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

My question is, what about those who come on E2 to see what life here is like, and decide they'd like to stay?
Surely that's something they should have thought of before they went?!? They should have been prepared for wanting to stay but not being able to, and if they thought that would be a problem just not gone. Ridiculously naive if not, why uproot a family for a few years of 'trying' something if there's no chance it will ever be permanent, and if they then won't be happy with that fact - a fact that they were well aware of before they left? It's not like somebody is saying 'oh yes, we did say you could stay forever but now we've changed our mind' - nothing changed.

I have several friends that did a gap year in the US or Canada when younger via a working holiday visa. They would have loved to stay for longer or even forever, but when their time was up they accepted that and returned home - they always understood that was just the nature of the visa.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 13th 2008 at 5:46 pm.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:02 pm
Zoe
Forum Regular

Zoe will become famous soon enoughZoe will become famous soon enough

I think what we are trying to do at E2Reform.org is bring awareness to Members of Congress about the Bill that could possibly change things for people on E2 Visas. As I said before, we never want the change to be for everyone on this visa, just if you have reached certain criteria, then you can apply for a Green Card. There are lots of people that have lived here for a long time on this visa but there have been changes in the last few years that have made renewals more precarious and therefore has affected their futures. That is what we are trying to change.

Ray, I thank you for making the original post back when we first began our website and I know you have a lot of knowledge about everything to do with Immigration. You know I know the guy who got the Bill to where it was presented to Congress, but I have also now met the original guy who's family were the beginning to all this. It's for people like him that we are trying to do what we are trying to do.

I know most of you on here aren't agreeable to us working towards change, but we feel for our family's futures we have to see where we can go with this. If nothing happens and the Bill fails again, then we will have to carry on with our lives and follow the plans we originally had for ways for our kids to stay when they reach 21 and maybe not make the extra investments that we could now in this Economy.

I think you can see how passionate Pinkcat is about what we are doing and maybe she has come over a little strong at times, but it is reaction to the negativity of most of the posts. I think that really surprised her.

I hope we can all just beg to differ about this subject now, as no one will put us off trying to make a difference to our family's lives.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... what about those who come on E2 to see what life here is like, and decide they'd like to stay?
This was their choice.

They have no options open to them and THAT'S what needs to change.
They went into this with their eyes open. Life sucks... but it was their choice.

Who in their right mind walks away from a successful business and a happy new life?
Those who knew going in, that this would ultimately be the end result.

This was *your* choice... live with it. Let me tell you this... you certainly wouldn't be too happy if you had a contract with someone... and you liked the contract, and then they suddenly decided they wanted to renegotiate and the change they wanted was not to your advantage. Think about it... you want to renegotiate your contract with the US governement... but the USG gets *nothing* in return for renegotiating *your* visa.

Ian
Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

I have several friends that did a gap year in the US or Canada when younger via a working holiday visa. They would have loved to stay for longer or even forever, but when their time was up they accepted that and returned home - they always understood that was just the nature of the visa.

Doing a gap year is hardly comparable to investing in a business and creating jobs for citizens, is?
Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Doing a gap year is hardly comparable to investing in a business and creating jobs for citizens, is?
Doesn't matter, my point was that their visas had limits, just as the E-2 does. They accepted the limits despite not liking them as they were well aware of them before they started. Just because they changed their minds whilst there didn't give them any right to stay or to suddenly expect things to change.

But if you're concerned about the 'gap year' analogy I used, I also have an Australian friend who is working over here (UK) as a doctor on a visa that expires in a certain amount of time. Just because she's saving the lives and health of UK citizens does that give her the right to stay longer? No, because again she was well aware of the limits of the visa before she came.
Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
This was their choice.

They went into this with their eyes open. Life sucks... but it was their choice.

Ian

Have you any compassion at all for those who invested on E2 and now cannot sell their businesses and return home due to the economic situation? Has everything in your life ended exactly as you expected it to? Have you ever started down a path and then changed your mind and sought another?

I came onto this forum expecting friendly support and to reach out to other
E2 investors. It's strange that not one reply has come from an E2er. Are there any on here?

To answer those who think I am complaining - I am not. I do not face visa denial because my business is successful and because of the amount of citizens I employ. I researched E2 very well and knew the restrictions. I felt my children would benefit from the experience of living here even if it was not permanent, and they have, just as I did when my mother married an American. However, there are others who have been seriously mislead by unscrupulous 'agents' (sadly, many are British). Still others are in limbo because they cannot sell and face having to return to Britian with nothing.

What would you say to these people? What you have said to me - suck it up? Not me. I will fight for them until I can't do it anymore. My future here is secure and ultimately my daughters' will be too, if that's what they want. The same cannot be said for thousands of your fellow Brits. It's beyond me why you are so unwilling to help them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.