Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

So How Would YOU Change Immigration Policy?

So How Would YOU Change Immigration Policy?

Old May 3rd 2006, 5:13 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So How Would YOU Change Immigration Policy?

Originally Posted by Elvira
Sorry what is your point?
Loads of people need prescription drugs to survive. The pharmaceutical companies have patent protection so that the production can't be "outsourced" to foreign countries and the product imported to the US. We're talking about people dying because they can't afford their drugs -- as a result of protectionism that the government sanctions.

My point is that there are many, many industries who are protected in a variety of ways. The drug companies by patents, the agribusiness (and don't fool yourself, there are few family farmers left) by turning a blind eye to using illegal labour.
Old May 3rd 2006, 5:15 pm
You Are All Diseased

rincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond reputerincewind has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't change that much.

Accept, one rule for one, same rule for all.
Old May 3rd 2006, 7:56 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Whoaa! The Yank diet is shite enough as it is without pricing vast amounts of the populace out of beign able to afford fruit and veg. The knock on effect is even more (long term) health problems and costs to the economy.
The fruit and veg pickers would be better able to afford it.........
Old May 3rd 2006, 7:57 pm
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rincewind
I wouldn't change that much.

Accept, one rule for one, same rule for all.
Far too sensible.