Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Nov 5th 2013, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by andyspeak
You mean your brother also has a crime of moral turpitude, and a waiver of ineligibility to enter was requested, and it only took 3 days for the decision from Dept of Homeland Security?
I think you've read too much into the guy's post... and are looking to make connections where, in fact, none exist.

Ian
Old Nov 5th 2013, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

andyspeak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I think you've read too much into the guy's post... and are looking to make connections where, in fact, none exist.

Ian
Just asking thats all. I only have tentative plans to return to the US so im not being desperate. Why else would he post that in a huge thread about visa waiver waiting times though.
Old Nov 5th 2013, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Why else would he post that in a huge thread about visa waiver waiting times though.
People often post unrelated information.

Ian
Old Nov 5th 2013, 7:20 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

You mean your brother also has a crime of moral turpitude, and a waiver of ineligibility to enter was requested, and it only took 3 days for the decision from Dept of Homeland Security?
The consulate doesn't have to ask for DHS concurrence to issue some waivers. What often happens is this:

1st application for minor conviction: approved in a few days
2nd application for same conviction: approved in a few days
3rd application same conviction: approved in a few months because DHS concurrence is required

If it took 3 days, DOS did not ask DHS at all.
Old Nov 7th 2013, 5:24 am
Just Joined

Gratten is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I am from New Zealand and I have recently received my second Visa Waiver for CIMT. Both times I applied for the Visa was for a holiday.

I applied for my first Visa in 2009 and attended the Visa interview in June and received the Visa 3 weeks later in July. That Visa had a validity of 12 months, it was for multiple entries and it was both the B1 and B2 category.

This time around, I attended my interview in July and received the Visa Waiver 18 weeks later in November (just this week to be exact). My new Visa has a validity of 5 years, it is for multiple entries and is both the B1 and B2 category.

I came across the article below which talks about extending the Visa Wavier due to the backlogs. I don't know it if applies to all countries or all applicants.

http://www.royalgazette.com/article/...NEWS/702269953

Good luck to everyone else still waiting for their Visa Waivers!
Old Nov 14th 2013, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

dazpo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well i am still awaiting the return of my passport from the embassy, they picked it up last tuesday.. hopefully wont be much longer :-) Ill update with the contents of my visa when i receive it.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

dazpo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

And the update is.. A 1 year mulitple entry visa. I only plan on going the once so all is good. Once again thank you to all contributors, a very helpful forum.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazpo1
And the update is.. A 1 year mulitple entry visa. I only plan on going the once so all is good. Once again thank you to all contributors, a very helpful forum.
Good news for you and thanks for the update. Hope you have a great trip to the US.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

EmmaW1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone. Would really be grateful for some help. I have been to the embassy this morning and have been recommended by the officer that I saw for a waiver and was given a letter saying that I was recommended and would hear in 20-22 weeks. Do I not need to apply for a waiver now? Is it done automatically by virtue of the recommendation? Completely confused as need this through for a trip next May so if there is something I need to be doing I want to be getting on with it ASAP. Any advice would be welcomed please. Thanks
Old Nov 20th 2013, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by EmmaW1
Do I not need to apply for a waiver now?
You do not, no - the hurdle was getting them to recommend you for one.

Is it done automatically by virtue of the recommendation?
Yes - the officer will submit the paperwork for the waiver on your behalf. Further, if you are recommended, chances are that it'll be approved.

Ian
Old Nov 20th 2013, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Completely confused as need this through for a trip next May so if there is something I need to be doing I want to be getting on with it ASAP. Any advice would be welcomed please. Thanks
Now you sit and wait to find out whether you're being granted the waiver or not.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

Ok great thank you for letting me know. Do you know what the current processing time is for these? Is it really 22 weeks?
Old Nov 20th 2013, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

Is it really 22 weeks?
No... it's more like 26 weeks currently.

Ian
Old Nov 20th 2013, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

oh my goodness. Oh well. I was wanting to go away in 24 weeks time so I guess it is just sit tight and hope for the best. I am presuming that there is no way of expediting this process? Is there anywhere that I can track it?

In what circumstances is a $585 fee due then? I was expecting to have to pay something for this.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

oh my goodness. Oh well. I was wanting to go away in 24 weeks time so I guess it is just sit tight and hope for the best. I am presuming that there is no way of expediting this process? Is there anywhere that I can track it?

In what circumstances is a $585 fee due then? I was expecting to have to pay something for this.
24 weeks might be a bit tight. Not only can the waiver decision take up to 26 weeks or so to adjudicate, you also need to allow a further 2 weeks on top of that for your passport to couriered to/from the US embassy to enable the consulate to fix the visa inside (if granted).

That said however, there have been recent reports on here of waiver decisions taking less than 20 weeks and you may be lucky if the consulate workload isn't that great right now. Hopefully you haven't booked tickets or accomodation for the trip yet, in case you need to reschedule.

There is no way to expedite the process and AFAIK no way to track the progress of your application either. Just follow the instructions in the letter you were given at your interview and keep an eye on your email for the consulate to contact you.

The $585 fee applies to immigrant visa waiver package applications. This isn't relevant to you. Your waiver adjudication is covered by the NIV fee you paid prior to the interview.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.