Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Oct 18th 2014, 7:38 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by phil157
Right! Now I've just been granted my 1st visa please tell me I don't have to go through that again to get the next one??
Yes you do. And the one after that. And the one after that. And so on. For the rest of your life.

If you look very closely at the slip of paper the consulate gives you after the interview explaining the grounds for refusing you a visa it states that, unless indicated otherwise, you are permanently inadmissible for entry to the USA.
Old Oct 18th 2014, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

22 + 1 today.

Yay to all that received emails this week.

Your time will come soon to all that are still waiting.

Stuck here forever !!! There could be worse places LOL

I would hope in a few years there could be an easier (ok I mean quicker) way to get our visas after the 1st time.
Old Oct 18th 2014, 9:58 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by serenawell
I would hope in a few years there could be an easier (ok I mean quicker) way to get our visas after the 1st time.
That would probably require a change in the law. And with all due respect, I can't see any US politician being able to sell the idea to the US public - "Hey folks, we've got this neat idea to make things quicker and easier for a bunch of foreign criminals, drug users and other undesirables to get their visas and come on over here."
Old Oct 18th 2014, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
That would probably require a change in the law. And with all due respect, I can't see any US politician being able to sell the idea to the US public - "Hey folks, we've got this neat idea to make things quicker and easier for a bunch of foreign criminals, drug users and other undesirables to get their visas and come on over here."
But they have already said we can come in by issuing the visa the first time and as long as we don't mis-behave again, which of course we wont as we are all reformed characters then I would hope in a few years it would be possible to speed the process up. As you say it probably wont happen, but its nice to think that it could happen.
Old Oct 18th 2014, 10:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by serenawell
But they have already said we can come in by issuing the visa the first time and as long as we don't mis-behave again, which of course we wont as we are all reformed characters then I would hope in a few years it would be possible to speed the process up. As you say it probably wont happen, but its nice to think that it could happen.
Not quite correct. They've said you can try and come in when they issue you a visa. The visa only allows you to get as far as the United States border. You can still be denied entry by the CBP agent at the point of entry.

And not everyone is a reformed character. Checks and interviews still have to be carried out and in most cases authorisation still needs to be sought from the Admissibility Review Office. This is what takes the time.
Old Oct 19th 2014, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

Nige1512 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 3rdWaiver
Happy for you Nige. Out of curiosity, did you CEAC status change to AP?
Thanks 3rd waiver...no my status on CEAC still says refused
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

23 weeks tomorrow.

Going on holiday next Sunday so even if the email comes in the next few days I will have to wait till I get back before I send my passport off anyway.
Old Oct 29th 2014, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

just rite is an unknown quantity at this point

35 weeks yday .still in admin proccesing
Old Oct 31st 2014, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Nige1512 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my passport back on Wednesday visa is b1/b2 valid for one year multiple entries so over the moon : ) sent passport in thro Royal Mail it was 8 days till I got email saying it was with courier (DX) and delivered next day so all together it was 9 days from posting to getting it back. Hope everyone gets theirs soon and thx for the advice over last 6 months it's good to have shared our waiting together, happy days.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 4:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Nige1512
Got my passport back on Wednesday visa is b1/b2 valid for one year multiple entries so over the moon : ) sent passport in thro Royal Mail it was 8 days till I got email saying it was with courier (DX) and delivered next day so all together it was 9 days from posting to getting it back. Hope everyone gets theirs soon and thx for the advice over last 6 months it's good to have shared our waiting together, happy days.
Well done Nige. Was this your first US visa application?
Old Oct 31st 2014, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

Reidy8082 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my email today, 27 weeks, a week too late unfortunately, if I sent it now, I would get it back two days before my family return home
Old Oct 31st 2014, 4:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by just rite
35 weeks yday .still in admin proccesing
That sounds like an awfully long time and isn't typical of the usual wait times for waiver decisions. Which visa did you apply for and which consulate did you apply at?
Old Oct 31st 2014, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

If only there was a way of fast tracking the issuanxe part..... I would sit outside the embassy for two days if that's what it took
Old Oct 31st 2014, 4:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Reidy8082
Got my email today, 27 weeks, a week too late unfortunately, if I sent it now, I would get it back two days before my family return home
I'm genuinely sorry to hear that Reidy. It's a harsh way to learn the lesson never to rely on previous timescales when it comes to US immigration and always wait for the visa before booking travel and accomodation. Hopefully you can use the visa for another family holiday next year sometime.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, I was unaware of the long wait times, at the time, the whole situation has been an absolute nightmare, waving my family off on Wednesday was disappointing and although I have received the email now, it's just made me feel worse,

Thanks for all advice and comments from all posters, it's been a roller coaster ride, unfortunately with no happy ending.

A future holiday is a possibility if the wife hasn't accrued too much debt on this one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.