Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jun 3rd 2024, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Wales44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
I don’t think getting an email is the usual thing.
I needed to send in a copy of a subject access report, this happened after the interview hence I was sent the email. I think they wanted proof of a non custodial sentence. My interview was Feb 25th the email I received in March, one month went by for the whole subject access thing.
Old Jun 4th 2024, 4:54 am
Just Joined

NiceOneFranco is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wales44
I needed to send in a copy of a subject access report, this happened after the interview hence I was sent the email. I think they wanted proof of a non custodial sentence. My interview was Feb 25th the email I received in March, one month went by for the whole subject access thing.
Ah OK, maybe it was due to you being required to produce additional documents that you got that email because I haven't found any other mention of it in this forum or otherwise.

Good luck and hopefully you hear back that you're fully approved sooner rather than later
Old Jun 4th 2024, 5:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NiceOneFranco
Ah OK, maybe it was due to you being required to produce additional documents that you got that email because I haven't found any other mention of it in this forum or otherwise.

Good luck and hopefully you hear back that you're fully approved sooner rather than later
thanks, same to you! I’ll post my result here anyhow to share my experience. It’s always a bit shaky when you have to follow these processes.
canada, Australia etc are fine US is much more strict it seems. I’m going for work purpose so it’s a bit annoying
Old Jun 4th 2024, 6:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wales44
canada, Australia etc are fine US is much more strict it seems. I’m going for work purpose so it’s a bit annoying
No idea on Australia, but just to say Canada can be MUCH stricter than the US when it comes to inadmissibility depending on the crime and how long ago it was. And their criminal rehab process takes a year or so.
Old Jun 4th 2024, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Natfar is an unknown quantity at this point

process completed! Yay!

Applied for Acro 11/07/23

Acro received 22/08/2023 (there was a processing hold for a few weeks Acro were not doing applications as they were too busy)

Applied for visa did electronic application 23/08/2023

Embassy appointment 27/09/2023

Email to submit passport 6/05/2024

Passport sent 7/05/2024

Status changed to approved 30/05/2024

Today picked up passport 4/06/2024

With 5yr visa

Total process from request for Acro 330 days (just under 11 months)

Time since embassy appointment 253 days (8 months 2 weeks)
Old Jun 5th 2024, 3:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Natfar
process completed! Yay!

Acro received 22/08/2023 (there was a processing hold for a few weeks Acro were not doing applications as they were too busy)

Passport sent 7/05/2024

With 5yr visa

congratulations! 5 years too.. happy for you mate!! At least you know to apply again in 4 years to get the next 5 years right. Enjoy the USA
Old Jun 5th 2024, 11:36 am
Just Joined

NiceOneFranco is an unknown quantity at this point

process completed! Yay!

Passport sent 7/05/2024

With 5yr visa

Superb news, love to hear it. Hope you have the best time in the US.

Out of curiosity, is this your first Visa, getting a 5 year one is excellent.
Old Jun 5th 2024, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NiceOneFranco
Superb news, love to hear it. Hope you have the best time in the US.

Out of curiosity, is this your first Visa, getting a 5 year one is excellent.

I Actually missed my original trip (my daughter competed at the cheering world championships back in April) but yes first visa and a 5yr one! Which means I now don’t have to do it all again if she makes the team again this year and can go and support her.

Thank you! It’s feels like it’s been years in the process haha
Old Jun 10th 2024, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any recent updates? I had my appointment on 22 November, so will be hitting 7 months in the next couple of weeks. Have a summer holiday planned in August so if I don't hear back by first week of July will need to cancel
Old Jun 11th 2024, 12:46 am
Just Joined

I think I’m the latest from this group I’ve popped all the info further up! My interview was27th septand I received my passport back with a 5yr visa last week

Old Jun 11th 2024, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

I think I’m the latest from this group I’ve popped all the info further up! My interview was27th septand I received my passport back with a 5yr visa last week
So the big question is, 2 months later (which is when my appointment was), how much longer (or shorter) did the turnaround time become. I swear the waits are becoming longer and longer. They need to hire more people!
Old Jun 11th 2024, 8:50 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

So the big question is, 2 months later (which is when my appointment was), how much longer (or shorter) did the turnaround time become. I swear the waits are becoming longer and longer. They need to hire more people!
Point well taken. What I wonder is why a waiver application from a consulate is no fee inasmuch as adjudications are funded by user fees. I understand why asylum & refugees are subsidized by other application fees but I fail to see why 212(a)(5) waivers from consulates are not. (Visa exempt Canadians pay the fee). I’m sure that visa applicants would not be too upset to fork over that extra $1100 fee, no?
Old Jun 11th 2024, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Point well taken. What I wonder is why a waiver application from a consulate is no fee inasmuch as adjudications are funded by user fees. I understand why asylum & refugees are subsidized by other application fees but I fail to see why 212(a)(5) waivers from consulates are not. (Visa exempt Canadians pay the fee). I’m sure that visa applicants would not be too upset to fork over that extra $1100 fee, no?
There should be an expedited route, as there is for certain things in the visa process. They can charge highly for it but there should be an option to get a verdict in say 21 days guaranteed. Charge $1k for it fine.
Old Jun 11th 2024, 9:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

There should be an expedited route, as there is for certain things in the visa process. They can charge highly for it but there should be an option to get a verdict in say 21 days guaranteed. Charge $1k for it fine.
Only certain USCIS petitions can be expedited if an additional fee is paid. It's nearly $3k extra for the applications that can pay extra for premium processing.

The consular AP/background check stage can never be expedited, that takes as long as it takes for any application.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 11th 2024 at 9:44 am.
Old Jun 11th 2024, 12:13 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Only certain USCIS petitions can be expedited if an additional fee is paid. It's nearly $3k extra for the applications that can pay extra for premium processing.

The consular AP/background check stage can never be expedited, that takes as long as it takes for any application.
The expedited processing surcharge is, as you note, $2805. But it is a surcharge on top of the normal processing fee. What I was noting was the fact that the waiver is normally no charge whatsoever if done through a consulate. If no consular visa processing is involved (e.g. Canadians), then the fee is $1100. I wonder why the waiver is free. I don’t get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.