Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Dec 10th 2023, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Sllimairam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
Congrats! and thanks for sharing. 208 days in May (about 7 month), 193 days in April (about 6 months). Will be interesting to see if it goes up to the full 9 months that the website was saying in terms of expected turnaround time.
Hi! Family here where 3/4 of us have received ESTA’s with no issues. Started process in Jan 2023, interview in London May 2023, and still no update. Advised on letter 6 month wait, supposed to be flying this week but definitely not going to be happening. Any advise on what we can do with the flights? We stupidly in hindsight assumed a YEAR would be sufficient but obviously we stand corrected.

we know of 2 people who have lied on their ESTA’s regarding criminal records, and got through - visited US and came back with no issues. We also know someone who had theirs back over a month ago and they had their interview just before mine. Really frustrating and just looking for some advise please!

🙏
Old Dec 10th 2023, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

usvisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sllimairam
Hi! Family here where 3/4 of us have received ESTA’s with no issues. Started process in Jan 2023, interview in London May 2023, and still no update. Advised on letter 6 month wait, supposed to be flying this week but definitely not going to be happening. Any advise on what we can do with the flights? We stupidly in hindsight assumed a YEAR would be sufficient but obviously we stand corrected.

we know of 2 people who have lied on their ESTA’s regarding criminal records, and got through - visited US and came back with no issues. We also know someone who had theirs back over a month ago and they had their interview just before mine. Really frustrating and just looking for some advise please!

🙏
Hi there,
Flights, re-book, change date or cancel if you can. Never buy tickets in advance, that's what consulate advises you as well. It's all uncertain...
What can I tell you about waiting time... I was advise on the interview that might take about a month. Now, almost 19 months later still waiting and waiting... I am extremely devastated, frustrated and tired. Nothing you can do. I emailed them four times... receiving the same answer "subject to additional administrative processing". Nothing can be done but wait.
Old Dec 10th 2023, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

movida is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my interview late May and still waiting, this would be my second visa. Based on other recent timelines I’d expect the email or update pretty soon…I hope. Definitely apply at least 9 months before your previous visa expires.
Old Dec 12th 2023, 2:29 am
Just Joined

Sllimairam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by movida
I had my interview late May and still waiting, this would be my second visa. Based on other recent timelines I’d expect the email or update pretty soon…I hope. Definitely apply at least 9 months before your previous visa expires.
Thanks for your reply, how long did your first one take please? Have you had any update on the website with regards to the status of your application? Mine still states refused from the interview on 30th May so I’m assuming we are around about the same timeframe
Old Dec 12th 2023, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sllimairam
Thanks for your reply, how long did your first one take please? Have you had any update on the website with regards to the status of your application? Mine still states refused from the interview on 30th May so I’m assuming we are around about the same timeframe
my first one was 5-6 years ago and took about 5-6 months from memory. And no it still says refused on the site. That will not change until they move it forward.
Old Dec 12th 2023, 10:09 pm
Just Joined

hert1657 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hert1657
Hi all,

Email to submit documents received this morning!

Timetable:
3 May 2023: Interview. Received a 221g letter saying administrative processing needed.
10 May 2023: Received email confirming ineligibility and that waiver had been recommended.
4 December 2023: Received email requesting passport be submitted for visa issuance.

215 days from interview/208 days from confirmation that have been recommended for waiver to receipt of email. This is my first waiver.

This forum has been invaluable in terms of being able to manage my own expectations in terms of timing so wanted to give an update for anyone else still waiting.
Update on this - just got my passport back, 5 year multiple entry waiver.

Updated/finalised timetable as follows.

4 December 2023: Received email requesting passport be submitted for visa issuance. AIS status changed to "Send documents", CEAC status remained as "refused".

5 December 2023: Submitted passport via DX

6 December 2023: Passport arrived at embassy

8 December 2023: CEAC status changed to "approved".

11 December 2023: CEAC status changed to "issued"

13 December 2023: Passport delivered.

Just to say - I didn't get any emails when the CEAC status changed (other than when it was confirmed that the visa had been issued AND handed over to DX)

​​
Old Dec 15th 2023, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by usvisa
Hi there,
Flights, re-book, change date or cancel if you can. Never buy tickets in advance, that's what consulate advises you as well. It's all uncertain...
What can I tell you about waiting time... I was advise on the interview that might take about a month. Now, almost 19 months later still waiting and waiting... I am extremely devastated, frustrated and tired. Nothing you can do. I emailed them four times... receiving the same answer "subject to additional administrative processing". Nothing can be done but wait.
Hi everyone,
Have you ever heard someone waiting for such crazy long time? 19 months and still nothing.
Old Dec 16th 2023, 1:16 am
LT1
Forum Regular

LT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond reputeLT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
Have you ever heard someone waiting for such crazy long time? 19 months and still nothing.
19 months after interview seems abnormally high. You might need to consider suing DoS with a Writ of Mandamus to get the case progressing.
Old Dec 16th 2023, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone,
That’s not normal and doesn’t reflect anyone else’s experience in this thread.
Old Dec 16th 2023, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by movida
That’s not normal and doesn’t reflect anyone else’s experience in this thread.
Exactly. I am so devastated, and seems like there is no hope at all. Consulate keep responding to my emails that is under Administrative Processing.
Old Dec 16th 2023, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. I am so devastated, and seems like there is no hope at all. Consulate keep responding to my emails that is under Administrative Processing.

Can only assume that the reason you had to apply for Visa Waiver was complex/serious to take all this time.
Old Dec 16th 2023, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Can only assume that the reason you had to apply for Visa Waiver was complex/serious to take all this time.
The reason is a simple B2 visa. I've lived in US but that was quite long ago... I've had few visas (5-6) issued throughout the years... had small immigration violation in the past, but I received the punishment and nothing more after after or before. That's why I needed waiver. I am British Citizen with perfect profile, good permanent job, NO criminal record at all.
Two children US citizens.
I presented all required and requested additional document. Interview was successful and immediate decision for a waiver was taken. I was told that everything looks fine and I should receive the decision in about... a month.
Old Dec 16th 2023, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

The reason is a simple B2 visa. I've lived in US but that was quite long ago... I've had few visas (5-6) issued throughout the years... had small immigration violation in the past, but I received the punishment and nothing more after after or before. That's why I needed waiver. I am British Citizen with perfect profile, good permanent job, NO criminal record at all.
Two children US citizens.
I presented all required and requested additional document. Interview was successful and immediate decision for a waiver was taken. I was told that everything looks fine and I should receive the decision in about... a month.
Is this your first application for a B2 or have you had successful B2 applications in the past?
Old Dec 16th 2023, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Is this your first application for a B2 or have you had successful B2 applications in the past?
I've had three B2 visas before. Two of them 10 years. Being on F1 as well... They have all required info about me. I have asked if more is needed. Answer is always, no nothing more.

Last edited by usvisa; Dec 16th 2023 at 11:50 am.
Old Dec 16th 2023, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've had three B2 visas before. Two of them 10 years. Being on F1 as well... They have all required info about me. I have asked if more is needed. Answer is always, no nothing more.
You had an immigration issue some time ago; did you get B2 visas following that infringement ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.