Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Nov 2nd 2023, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

BigRedAnt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Email received today! 210 days from interview, so over 6 months. I've just missed the dates I was planning to travel, but we can go next year.

Thanks everyone
Old Nov 2nd 2023, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

Ukexpat23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BigRedAnt
Email received today! 210 days from interview, so over 6 months. I've just missed the dates I was planning to travel, but we can go next year.

Thanks everyone
Congrats!! And thanks for keeping us posted. That helps everyone in terms of what kind of turnaround time to expect (although as we’ve seen it’s not a ‘first in first out’ system). Enjoy your travels to the US.
Old Nov 2nd 2023, 8:08 pm
Just Joined

Thanks!

Yes it looks like the times are growing, so new applicants may be looking at 9 months I think.
I know that you dont have to wait for your old waiver to expire before applying for a new one, so i will book an appointment a year before it runs out!
Old Nov 16th 2023, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Passport received today. Final timelines:

Interview at embassy: 3 April 23 (recommended for waiver (first one))
CEAC status changed to "Refused" (AIS status remains as "Appointment"): 4 Apr 23
Email to submit passport (and AIS status changed to "Send Documents"): 13 October 23 (193 days)
Dropped off passport at DX: Weds 25 Oct 23
Embassy received passport: Fri 27 Oc 23
CEAC status changed to "Approved": Mon 30 Oct 23
CEAC status changed to "Application Received": Weds 1st Nov 23
CEAC status changed to "Approved": Tue 14 Nov 23
CEAC status changed to "Issued": Wed 15 Nov 23
Passport received: Thu16 Nov 23 (12 business days after embassy received the passport)
Old Nov 16th 2023, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Georgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ukexpat23
Passport received today. Final timelines:

Interview at embassy: 3 April 23 (recommended for waiver (first one))
CEAC status changed to "Refused" (AIS status remains as "Appointment"): 4 Apr 23
Email to submit passport (and AIS status changed to "Send Documents"): 13 October 23 (193 days)
Dropped off passport at DX: Weds 25 Oct 23
Embassy received passport: Fri 27 Oc 23
CEAC status changed to "Approved": Mon 30 Oct 23
CEAC status changed to "Application Received": Weds 1st Nov 23
CEAC status changed to "Approved": Tue 14 Nov 23
CEAC status changed to "Issued": Wed 15 Nov 23
Passport received: Thu16 Nov 23 (12 business days after embassy received the passport)
Congrats! Out of interest, on the day of your interview when they gave you the piece of paper saying that they were applying for a VISA waiver, how long did it say on there that it should take?? I had my interview on the 2nd August and the piece of paper said 'The current waiting period for these two agencies to consider your case is approximately 6 months'. Judging by that I'm hoping to get my VISA (2nd one as it's just a renewal) around Feb / March time. Not sure how realistic that is and trying to get a feel as to whether I'll be able to travel to an already booked trip to the US on March 21st.
Old Nov 16th 2023, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Georgey38
Congrats! Out of interest, on the day of your interview when they gave you the piece of paper saying that they were applying for a VISA waiver, how long did it say on there that it should take?? I had my interview on the 2nd August and the piece of paper said 'The current waiting period for these two agencies to consider your case is approximately 6 months'. Judging by that I'm hoping to get my VISA (2nd one as it's just a renewal) around Feb / March time. Not sure how realistic that is and trying to get a feel as to whether I'll be able to travel to an already booked trip to the US on March 21st.
my interview was 13th April, letter said 6 months.
Old Nov 16th 2023, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

Georgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond reputeGeorgey38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigRedAnt
my interview was 13th April, letter said 6 months.
Great, thanks. There is some hope that I'll make the March trip then as we both had the same 6 month approximate timeline and yours wasnt far off that.

Thanks
Old Nov 16th 2023, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Hopefully, good luck!
Old Nov 16th 2023, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Georgey38
actually don’t remember what it said on the paper! I knew that it didn’t matter what it said and this forum would be more accurate in terms of giving an indication of current timelines.

Hopefully you’ll make it for 21st March. The getting passport stamped took a while too for me (2.5 weeks which felt like 2 months!). Might be touch and go but have hope!

im starting the whole process again next week for my next visa and will of course keep everyone posted.
Old Nov 23rd 2023, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Here we go again!

Applied for B1/B2 Visa, in Belfast this time as could get the appointment much quicker than in London. I also like the setup in Belfast, much smaller and I was in and out in 30 minutes. No long queues or anything. I'm thinking if I went there for my first waiver, I may have even got away with needing a waiver in the first place as it's much more of a conversation vs. what it was in London.

Interview at embassy: 22 Nov 23. Recommended for waiver (2nd waiver).

Will keep everyone posted and good luck for all those waiting.
Old Nov 23rd 2023, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

it will be interesting to see if the processing times are different!

I got my passport returned today 👍

So from a timeline perspective that is 7 months, 1 week and 3 days after the interview, for a second waiver.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!​​
Old Nov 30th 2023, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

NYC1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats me back from New York, was a little worried as I approached the border, was taken to secondary and as soon as my Backside hit the seat, my name was called..... How long are you here for and why? Once answered, passport was stamped with a stay for 6 months and was told to have an enjoyable time. Great being back in the USA!
Old Nov 30th 2023, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NYC1
Thats me back from New York, was a little worried as I approached the border, was taken to secondary and as soon as my Backside hit the seat, my name was called..... How long are you here for and why? Once answered, passport was stamped with a stay for 6 months and was told to have an enjoyable time. Great being back in the USA!
good to hear it was smooth! Will need to come up with a story with my family/colleagues on why I keep going to secondaries once my B1/2 comes through!
Old Dec 4th 2023, 10:46 am
Just Joined

hert1657 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Email to submit documents received this morning!

Timetable:
3 May 2023: Interview. Received a 221g letter saying administrative processing needed.
10 May 2023: Received email confirming ineligibility and that waiver had been recommended.
4 December 2023: Received email requesting passport be submitted for visa issuance.

215 days from interview/208 days from confirmation that have been recommended for waiver to receipt of email. This is my first waiver.

This forum has been invaluable in terms of being able to manage my own expectations in terms of timing so wanted to give an update for anyone else still waiting.
Old Dec 4th 2023, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

Congrats! and thanks for sharing. 208 days in May (about 7 month), 193 days in April (about 6 months). Will be interesting to see if it goes up to the full 9 months that the website was saying in terms of expected turnaround time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.