Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jan 11th 2015, 4:35 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by bates1982
Hello
This is my first post and I am desperate for some help and advice. Whilst reading quite a few post I am getting really worried now. Me and my partner want to take our kids and get married in Florida. We want to go his June (2015). My partner has a criminal conviction dating back 5 years now. We thought we would get ball rolling by applying for his waiver of ineligibility back in 2013. We started process in the October 2013. We received notification to attend the USA embassy on 4th December 2013. In the letter that he received it said it would take approximately 20-22 weeks. We expected longer due to nothing in England ever being on time but we are now 13 months on and still no news. I can see that some people have applied after us and received visa's back. We tried to chase up back in September 2014 with no avail. We haven't booked anything due to this but we do need to get married in June as planning on starting Uni. In September for 3 year course and really need to do it before I start. Plus we have all our things like dress, rings, kids outfits etc. I never thought for 1 moment that we still be waiting to hear 13 month on.. Can anyone please help. I feel like I want to cry every time I think about it as looked other places to wed but just want the kids to be happy..
Thanks
Claire
This definitely sounds out of the ordinary. Occasionally the email notifying people of the outcomes to their cases has gone missing. This may have been what has happened here. I assume you've thoroughly checked all the folders in all of your email accounts and have never received a notification from the embassy?

When you tried to chase this up last September what did you do? Phone the helpline or try to email the embassy or was it something else altogether?
Old Jan 11th 2015, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

bates1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

My partner tried ringing the embassy who said they had no link up to the homeland system who makes the decision but do know it could take up to a year to even look at a case. We are really concerned. All folder have been checked including junk etc. I have no idea who to go to to find out if they have the wrong email or something. I' so worried about it. We have been to travel agents today to discuss other options but nothing suits and don't want to book something incase the visa comes through.. Any telephone number or anything anyone else has done would really be of help.

Thanks
Old Jan 11th 2015, 5:30 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

bates1982, not sure if this helps but I dug around in this thread from a few months back and found the following exchange regarding a similar issue to your own:

Originally Posted by phil157
Hi, I was recommended for a waiver of ineligibility on 4th March 14 (29 weeks) and have had no information is this the norm?
Originally Posted by Reidy8082
Just out of interest Phil, did you fill out the contact form on the US embassy website? If so did they send you an acknowledgement email?
Not sure to be honest, at what point would this have been filled out?
Originally Posted by Reidy8082
If you google visa contact form, this is a way of contacting the embassy to see what is happening with your case. Just fill out the relevant details, name and brief description then submit. It may get to them quicker than a conventional email. Let me know if they send you an acknowledgement email to say they have received your query
Sorry I misunderstood the question, that's what I've done and had the confirmation Mail 3-5 days response time.
Old Jan 11th 2015, 5:32 pm
Account Closed

U.S. Embassy London Visa Unit - Contact Form | Embassy of the United States
Old Jan 11th 2015, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

HI thanks for that but yes we tried to contact them via this method before we tried to chase up on the phone and no one ever replied back from that. I have no idea how we stand as to if the information has gone a miss or if anything else is wrong. do they also send a letter to your address as well as email as just wondering if they have took email down wrong would they back up with a letter?.. I don't know whether to try and seek info from a local MP or something like that. Not sure how much help they will be but don't know what to do.
Old Jan 11th 2015, 5:40 pm
Account Closed

HI thanks for that but yes we tried to contact them via this method before we tried to chase up on the phone and no one ever replied back from that. I have no idea how we stand as to if the information has gone a miss or if anything else is wrong. do they also send a letter to your address as well as email as just wondering if they have took email down wrong would they back up with a letter?.. I don't know whether to try and seek info from a local MP or something like that. Not sure how much help they will be but don't know what to do.
The embassy will only contact you by email, not by letter. And there's nothing a British MP can do to help you as this is a US government matter.

Your best bet is to complete the contact form in the link above. Only phone the helpline if you don't receive a confirmation of your query request or if you receive no answer within the 3-5 days response time.
Old Jan 11th 2015, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

I have just completed the link you sent again. Many thanks. It has said they aim to respond within 5 working days, so fingers crossed. Thanks for all your help. I will keep posting with any updates.
Old Jan 11th 2015, 6:26 pm
Account Closed

I have just completed the link you sent again. Many thanks. It has said they aim to respond within 5 working days, so fingers crossed. Thanks for all your help. I will keep posting with any updates.
Good luck.
Old Jan 12th 2015, 1:08 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

... we do need to get married in June as planning on starting Uni.
Why not just get married where you are? Why the urgent need to get married in Florida. Take the kids to Florida some other time. From where I sit, there's no need to do both at the same time... only a "want".

Ian
Old Jan 14th 2015, 9:33 am
Just Joined

bellabess90 is an unknown quantity at this point

We finally received an email from us to submit by fiance passport which we went straight to the courier and did last Tuesday, does anyone know roughly how long it takes for them to issue and give back to courier
Old Jan 14th 2015, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Hle311 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine was 8 days i think from taking it to the courier to having it back in hand, hope that helps
Old Jan 14th 2015, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Hle311
Mine was 8 days i think from taking it to the courier to having it back in hand, hope that helps
Thats great thank you very much , were on 7 working days today so hopefully tomorrow :-)
Old Jan 14th 2015, 10:34 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bellabess90
Thats great thank you very much , were on 7 working days today so hopefully tomorrow :-)
Good luck... but keep in mind that someone else's experience might not be your experience.

Ian
Old Jan 14th 2015, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Just got the tracking email to say can collect passport tomorrow 24 weeks and 1 day
Old Jan 17th 2015, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Why not just get married where you are? Why the urgent need to get married in Florida. Take the kids to Florida some other time. From where I sit, there's no need to do both at the same time... only a "want".

Ian
I mailed on the forum for help with an on going enquiry to see if anyone else has had the same experience as us. Comments like this seem to be irrelevant as you don't know my situation and nor do you need to. I have had good feedback from people who seem to want to help others out. Do you need to know the urgency?....NO...but thanks again for your concern for my need or want..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.