Wikiposts

Illegal Immigrants

Old Apr 30th 2010, 11:20 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Illegal Immigrants

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
Well since the new law is being called racist and racial profiling, then I suppose there needs to be a law that ALL immigrants are required to have their papers with them wherever they go and show them upon request. That solves the racial profiling problem I think?
How does a cop know your a USC or some dodgy illegal?

Some white Irish bloke is going to look like another other pasty white bloke from Boston, they aren't likely to get asked about their papers, but Jose from Brazil on his student visa is far more likely to be asked, when he's the legal one of the two.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 11:21 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Some white Irish bloke is going to look like another other pasty white bloke from Boston, they aren't likely to get asked about their papers, but Jose from Brazil on his student visa is far more likely to be asked, when he's the legal one of the two.
I just waiting for the Native Americans to get asked for their papers because they look a bit Mexican...
Old Apr 30th 2010, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

You tell me, us conservatives weren't the ones crying racial profiling.....
Old Apr 30th 2010, 11:34 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Listen to their accent.
Errrr....how many people moved to the US legally, got married and got USC that still sound like dodgy foreigners? Hell, large chunks of Mainers up north sound like Canadians.

Your effectively endorsing a police state...which is worse than letting in the NHS, but you don't seem to mind the police having control.

Priorities are all messed up.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 11:36 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

You tell me, us conservatives weren't the ones crying racial profiling.....
But you are asking to illegally intrude peoples liberties.

For your system to work, everyone, including USC would have to be required to carry and show national ID when asked and you know that just isn't going to happen when there's a large percentage who don't have a passport.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Your effectively endorsing a police state...which is worse than letting in the NHS, but you don't seem to mind the police having control.
They are already in. Mind you, they are only just this side of the border.

http://www.nusd.k12.az.us/schools/nhs/
Old Apr 30th 2010, 11:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Presumably not everyone in Britain is a libtard?

Listen to their accent. However that does create a problem for Puerto Ricans like me, especially since we are overrun by boatloads of illegal immigrants from the Dominican Republic that look similar to us. But then again I have my passport and when I fly, take the train, or go on the Greyhound I take my passport with me. They could also give the police access to your immigration status as well when they run your driver's license when you get pulled over.

Of course had the federal government actually enforced the laws ALREADY IN THE BOOKS, we wouldn't have to be in this predicament would we? But unfortunately we've had at least 3 dumbass presidents who were very pro-illegal immigration who sat on their thumbs and did nothing. Of course my idea is to have NAFTA repealed so that way Mexican farmers can have a fair competitive advantage of selling their food to markets here and in Mexico without threat of cheap imports from the U.S. maybe then most Mexicans would go back to Mexico instead, funny how most illegals that live here are usually from rural areas
How does that work then because I am an American and I have an English accent.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Listen to their accent.
Cool, I think I'm going to call Congress immediately and ask them to pass a "No accent left unhassled" law.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 11:48 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Jesus Christ. Do you ever re-read your posts before you hit the button?
Not all of us Hispanics are dark skinned you know Everyone assumes I'm Italian-American until they see my last names
That'll be a "no" then....
Old Apr 30th 2010, 12:15 pm
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

There was another thread recently on Driver's Licenses. Texas has started since Oct 1, 2008 to put temporary annotations on DL/ID card of those who are here on temporary visitor status. This supposedly makes it easier to identify who's here legally and who's not, although it's not a perfect system (People's statuses and their status validity may change over time, but may not have applied for replacement ID's yet)

Some countries that have compulsory national ID card systems that require everyone to carry the ID cards around, and people can be asked to show it upon request if there's suspicion on the cop's part. Suspicion tends to equal a certain level of profiling. Nevertheless, U.S.'s situation is very different, and the new AZ law was flawed and would be challenged in court.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding the accents, don't worry Arizona has that one covered too:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...276427528.html

"The Arizona Department of Education recently began telling school districts that teachers whose spoken English it deems to be heavily accented or ungrammatical must be removed from classes for students still learning English."
Old Apr 30th 2010, 1:04 pm
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
"The Arizona Department of Education recently began telling school districts that teachers whose spoken English it deems to be heavily accented or ungrammatical must be removed from classes for students still learning English."
Correct grammar, that's reasonable, but I wonder if the "Heavily accented" part applies to people who have Southern or Texan accents...hey apparently those are pretty heavy too when you compared to *Standard* English How about the Boston or Brooklyn accents, those deviate from the *Standard* accents as well...

Last edited by lifehouse51; Apr 30th 2010 at 1:06 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Listen to their accent. However that does create a problem for Puerto Ricans like me, especially since we are overrun by boatloads of illegal immigrants from the Dominican Republic that look similar to us. But then again I have my passport and when I fly, take the train, or go on the Greyhound I take my passport with me. They could also give the police access to your immigration status as well when they run your driver's license when you get pulled over.
Ah well now we know what the "reasonable suspicion" is. Just listen to their accents. They give the game away when they speak those clever illegal immigrants. Wow, I'd never have thought to use that definition. The only thing that's missing now is the sign above their heads saying "arrest me, I'm illegal"
Old Apr 30th 2010, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Listen to their accent.
How many US citizens are there who don't speak english?

If it's more than zero than your proposal will be practically worthless.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Regarding the accents, don't worry Arizona has that one covered too:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...276427528.html

It's not enough to have a law which is blatantly unconstitutional and has a high potential for abuse, now there's a language Police in AZ I think AZ's plan is to remove all trace of anything remotely different and expand Sun City to cover the whole State.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.