advice on vwp rules

Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:38 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice on vwp rules

Originally Posted by suzy blue
thats complete rubbish... manc.... if you look on passport.gov.uk, now they are promoting 2nd passports as so many drunk brits lose their passports in taxis every summer!!! its simple to get a 2 nd passport, it all started in the 60's when there was problems with the israelis and the arabs... get your facts straight.., its an easy £147 for the governement

we are both right, in so far as, we can get second passports for "many reasons", and senior members dont know this.. !! wow this is a a good forum!!

if you are really the admin for this...then send me the link to answer to my question...

do you not think i searched this first!!!
do this from now on..

I'm surprised you can even spell Blackberry.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Well the rules are in the title. It is for visitors, and not to be used for residing in the US.

And IMHO you are not visiting so are not using it for the purposes it is intended for.

The basic rule is you should spend as long out as you do in. I.e 90 days in, 90 days out.

However it is very subjective and comes down to the officer on the border on the day. So far you have been lucky but there are many people who one time just get a more thorough border agent and end up getting pulled into secondry to be questioned.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Oh and don't blame the blackberry. I'm on one to and it's hardly rocket science to use ;p
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
I'm surprised you can even spell Blackberry.
I was thinking the same thing - she claims to be a journalist yet she's barely even articulate and has to resort to profanities to get her point across?!? Definitely something fishy in the air!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 27th 2009 at 7:16 am.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 10:58 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Switching back and forth to different passports to hide your travel history shows a lack of integrity. If you were truly an honest person you'd present the same passport and be able to prove that you were truly a visitor with the means to spend that much time.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

piloteea is an unknown quantity at this point

this is my whole f****** question,

i have not lied to us immigration...

i own a place in chelsea.... travelled the world fort 13 years as a journo..

whats wrong with this site

i have never lied at us imm...

this is all i am asking.... what to say...

i want to say the truth...

but all you people write.. 90 days in 90 days out... etc... and this is obviously not true

even immigration at major entry points dont know this,..

you are totally wrong on where i have lived...

it says what is your home address... that is a big difference...

what would you say if you had been travelling for 2 years...

and no fixed abode.... just your mums or address in UK, thats all the US ask for.. dotn twist the facts
correct, 90 days in/out is not true. I know people in FL that have been in and out for years, staying 80-89 days, going to the UK for a week or two, coming back etc etc. The US DO NOT CARE how long you spend in the US if

* you are a tourist
* does not work
* have a primary residence/own a property (that is not rented out, aka IS AVAILABLE IF NEEDED)

why should/would the US not want foreigners coming here with their money and spend them in the US, doesnt make sense.

this is facts, not some invented BS
Old Apr 27th 2009, 11:57 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by piloteea
correct, 90 days in/out is not true. I know people in FL that have been in and out for years, staying 80-89 days, going to the UK for a week or two, coming back etc etc. The US DO NOT CARE how long you spend in the US if

* you are a tourist
* does not work
* have a primary residence/own a property (that is not rented out, aka IS AVAILABLE IF NEEDED)

why should/would the US not want foreigners coming here with their money and spend them in the US, doesnt make sense.

this is facts, not some invented BS
It's not a matter of what the person's situation is, it's what they can prove if called upon to do so. The decision to admit or refuse someone is based on the totality of circumstances and the decision of the border guard they encounter.

this is facts

Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crg14624
It's not a matter of what the person's situation is, it's what they can prove if called upon to do so. The decision to admit or refuse someone is based on the totality of circumstances and the decision of the border guard they encounter.

this is facts

http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/2...db35fdd4ca.jpg

exactly, the person that turns up with enough money in the bank, ties to a foreign country (primary residence) that wants to spend more time in the US than in the UK will not get any problems especially not if they are in possession of a visa. Gives you the right to appear in front of an immigration judge as well, and believe me no IO will waste anyones time
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:15 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
EOM
So your Dad went to China a lot ... no wonder they called you
Hung Lo
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

i have 2 uk passports and I have been living with my boyfriend for the last 2 years... in sfo...
Terminology is important. Unless you have a valid visa that allows you to do so, you have not been living with your boyfriend... you have been visiting him. From a US immigration POV, it's an important distinction.

Since no one else has asked the question, is your boyfriend a US citizen? It'll make a huge difference in the immigration path you follow.

Ian
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

exactly, the person that turns up with enough money in the bank, ties to a foreign country (primary residence) that wants to spend more time in the US than in the UK will not get any problems especially not if they are in possession of a visa. Gives you the right to appear in front of an immigration judge as well, and believe me no IO will waste anyones time
Thought we were talking about the VWP though? So wouldn't be in possession of a visa anyway.

And I know two people who have been refused entry on the VWP for visiting too much, despite not needing to work, plus providing plenty of proof of funds and ties to the UK including a primary residence. They did the same thing (85 or so days in and then return to the UK for between 1 and 3 weeks). They were both eventually refused entry and now have to use visas.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Thought we were talking about the VWP though? So wouldn't be in possession of a visa anyway.

And I know two people who have been refused entry on the VWP for visiting too much, despite not needing to work, plus providing plenty of proof of funds and ties to the UK including a primary residence. They did the same thing (85 or so days in and then return to the UK for between 1 and 3 weeks). They were both eventually refused entry and now have to use visas.
might be other reasons you dont know about, but yes, its up to the immigration to determine on each visit what the result will be. Visas will definately make it easier.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

might be other reasons you dont know about, but yes, its up to the immigration to determine on each visit what the result will be. Visas will definately make it easier.
I completely agree but this seems to contradict what you said earlier - "the person that turns up with enough money in the bank, ties to a foreign country (primary residence) that wants to spend more time in the US than in the UK will not get any problems"

Thank you for clarifying for the sake of anybody reading that it's not always quite that easy and that it is up to the immigration officer on the day!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I completely agree but this seems to contradict what you said earlier - "the person that turns up with enough money in the bank, ties to a foreign country (primary residence) that wants to spend more time in the US than in the UK will not get any problems"

Thank you for clarifying for the sake of anybody reading that it's not always quite that easy and that it is up to the immigration officer on the day!
correct, I am just referring to my personal experience (in florida). I know that other point of entry's are more strick on visitors, so your point of entry might decide the outcome
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:53 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

correct, I am just referring to my personal experience (in florida). I know that other point of entry's are more strick on visitors, so your point of entry might decide the outcome
That may be your personal experience .. but its far from common

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.