British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   advice on vwp rules (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/advice-vwp-rules-605739/)

suzy blue Apr 27th 2009 1:33 am

advice on vwp rules

i am new to this forum,

i have 2 uk passports and I have been living with my boyfriend for the last 2 years... in sfo... never had any problems.. been leaving the usa every 70/80 days or so and going to canada for a few days.... and come back in no probs.. and i am not lying just telling the truth..saying a i am visiting fredrico, and i work in london, and own house there!!

used my different passports most times, i dont work here, i am a writer for a main name mag in london, never had even a question

i agree its madness there are no published rules

i even knocked on the 2nd interview officers door to his office, in october, to ask him the rules... he just shrugged his shoulders, and said there are no rules..!!!

we are thinking of getting married, and i wondering where to say i have lived when i go for my for k1 visa

my lawyer says my mums address will do, as they dont check

cheers

suzzzee

meauxna Apr 27th 2009 2:08 am

Re: advice on vwp rules

Originally Posted by suzy blue (Post 7517374)
i am new to this forum,

i have 2 uk passports and I have been living with my boyfriend for the last 2 years... in sfo... never had any problems.. been leaving the usa every 70/80 days or so and going to canada for a few days.... and come back in no probs.. and i am not lying just telling the truth..saying a i am visiting fredrico, and i work in london, and own house there!!

used my different passports most times, i dont work here, i am a writer for a main name mag in london, never had even a question

i agree its madness there are no published rules

i even knocked on the 2nd interview officers door to his office, in october, to ask him the rules... he just shrugged his shoulders, and said there are no rules..!!!

we are thinking of getting married, and i wondering where to say i have lived when i go for my for k1 visa

my lawyer says my mums address will do, as they dont check

cheers

suzzzee

You have a lawyer and he is recommending you get a K-1 visa?
G'won then, stick with his recommendations.

Or your lawyer isn't an immigration lawyer?

Manc Apr 27th 2009 2:10 am

i dont work here, i am a writer for a main name mag in london,

and i wondering where to say i have lived when i go for my for k1 visa

so where do you work then?

scrubbedexpat099 Apr 27th 2009 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Manc (Post 7517449)
so where do you work then?

Canada?

JAJ Apr 27th 2009 2:36 am

i am new to this forum,

i have 2 uk passports

How did you manage that?

Manc Apr 27th 2009 3:01 am

Originally Posted by JAJ (Post 7517498)
How did you manage that?

The UK PA gives out duplicate passports to people whom need to travel whilst waiting for visa's to be issued elsewhere, mainly for business purposes.

For example. You need to send your passport to the Chinese Embassy for a visa, but in the meanwhile have a trip to Russia planned.....

My old fella has 2 passports.

suzy blue Apr 27th 2009 3:27 am

Originally Posted by Manc (Post 7517531)
The UK PA gives out duplicate passports to people whom need to travel whilst waiting for visa's to be issued elsewhere, mainly for business purposes.

For example. You need to send your passport to the Chinese Embassy for a visa, but in the meanwhile have a trip to Russia planned.....

My old fella has 2 passports.

thats complete rubbish... manc.... if you look on passport.gov.uk, now they are promoting 2nd passports as so many drunk brits lose their passports in taxis every summer!!! its simple to get a 2 nd passport, it all started in the 60's when there was problems with the israelis and the arabs... get your facts straight.., its an easy £147 for the governement

suzy blue Apr 27th 2009 3:28 am

Originally Posted by JAJ (Post 7517498)
How did you manage that?

see below.. its simple..i cant believe you dont know about it

suzy blue Apr 27th 2009 3:29 am

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 7517476)
Canada?

i work remotely for a mag in london part of ft

JAJ Apr 27th 2009 3:31 am

Originally Posted by suzy blue (Post 7517577)
thats complete rubbish... manc.... if you look on passport.gov.uk, now they are promoting 2nd passports as so many drunk brits lose their passports in taxis every summer!!! its simple to get a 2 nd passport, it all started in the 60's when there was problems with the israelis and the arabs... get your facts straight.., its an easy £147 for the governement

You might wish to share with us a direct link, if you are so confident about it.

Manc Apr 27th 2009 3:32 am

Have you been on the sauce tonight?

suzy blue Apr 27th 2009 3:34 am

Originally Posted by meauxna (Post 7517440)
You have a lawyer and he is recommending you get a K-1 visa?
G'won then, stick with his recommendations.

Or your lawyer isn't an immigration lawyer?

i am getting engaged, but the forms are asking for my uk address, which is my mums in guildford, and i have to get my driving licence registered there, as they need a uk address, even though i am english..

Sue Apr 27th 2009 3:38 am

Actually Manc is right. Read here

suzy blue Apr 27th 2009 3:39 am

Originally Posted by JAJ (Post 7517590)
You might wish to share with us a direct link, if you are so confident about it.

i am not confident..it is the truth... follow this.. https://passports.ips.gov.uk/epa1r1a/Rich/Formpage.aspx

do you think i stole a 2nd passport

Manc Apr 27th 2009 3:40 am

Originally Posted by Sue (Post 7517603)
Actually Manc is right. Read here

Rubbish Sue.

It's because of the Arabs and Israeli's