We made it!

Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:04 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default We made it!

Hello!

Gawd! I've not been on here for over a month!

Just wanted to let you know that we arrived in Brisbane safe and sound on 22nd August after stopping for a week in Dubai (very hot) and a week in Singapore (warm). We flew with Emirates this time and to be honest thought they were rubbish compared to Singapore airlines....sorry emirates!

We've done all the usual things that you do when you first land in the country. We are renting on a small complex in Cleveland. It will be fine for 6 months until we can find something more to our liking. The kids are settled Cleveland State School and seem to be enjoying it.

The weather is a bit chilly for my liking so can't wait for it to warm up a bit. Still waiting for our stuff to arrive from the UK, so using patio furniture to sit on for now.

I have been in to work to meet my manager and have a look round the unit (CCU at the Mater Adult). I think i will like working there, they seem a friendly bunch. I don't start work til 8th October, so I'm still on holiday!

Jon has just started to look for work, but I've told him not to stress too much about it just yet. We can survive on one wage for now.

We've met some lovely people especially VikkiL and her family and Nikki and Graham who have been a great help to us.

So no major dramas to speak of so far....just waiting for the sun to come out!

I still can't believe I am here!

Jackie x
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:14 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We made it!

Hi Jackie

Glad to see you arrived ok, we were thinking of flying emirates on the new flight out of Newcastle is it realy awful.

Sounds like you are living the life we had mapped out same school and everything, we have changed our minds though and are now going to try Cairns.

Things sound like they settled really quickly for you and sounds like you are loving it.

If you get to go to Hog's Breath cafe can you have a bowl of malaysian satay soup for my OH he loved it and would easily settle there in Cleveland in a heartbeat who knows if Cairns doesnt fit we could still end up neighbours.

Have a wonderful holiday and hope you enjoy your new job.

Kaye
Old Sep 7th 2007, 3:26 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

[ Jackie x[/QUOTE]

Heyyyyyyyyy Jackie !!

Glad to hear you arrived safe and sound and are settling in !

Keep us posted on life in Brissy .....

G/day...

Dave
Oldham

Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Carole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to all

Hi Jackie,

Glad you have settled in ok, sorry flight was not as good as Singapore Airlines, after all the good comments on singapore, have decided thats who I will be flying with, when I eventually get my house sold.

How long in the car, does it take to travel to the Mater Hospital from Cleveland?, as this is one of the area's we are looking at to live, but the area has to be commutable distance to Queensland University (St Lucia Campus) aswell. And if you know, is public transport ok to get to the Mater.

I know you will have loads to do over next few weeks, and your mind on other things, but keeping posting, love to hear all about the highs and lows of your move.

Carole
Old Sep 7th 2007, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

juss44 has a spectacular aura aboutjuss44 has a spectacular aura aboutjuss44 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Carole & Keith View Post
Hi Jackie,

Glad you have settled in ok, sorry flight was not as good as Singapore Airlines, after all the good comments on singapore, have decided thats who I will be flying with, when I eventually get my house sold.

How long in the car, does it take to travel to the Mater Hospital from Cleveland?, as this is one of the area's we are looking at to live, but the area has to be commutable distance to Queensland University (St Lucia Campus) aswell. And if you know, is public transport ok to get to the Mater.

I know you will have loads to do over next few weeks, and your mind on other things, but keeping posting, love to hear all about the highs and lows of your move.

Carole
Hi Carole, just being nosey reading through these threads...We have flown with Singapore Airlines, 2 adults, 6 month babs and 2 year old. They were fab, customer service excellent, always on hand but not in your face, friendly professional.......I would never fly to Aus with anyone else. We got a fab deal through Trialfinders. Just wanted to share that with you.

Good luck in all that you do.

Juss, Brissy here we come......Still waiting.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jackie,

Congrats to you for your successful first 4 wks. emotionally how you finding it?

S-j x
Old Sep 8th 2007, 3:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Jackie

your a star

welcome

love lace xx
Old Sep 8th 2007, 5:49 am
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: We made it!

thank god your here, glad everything is going well, bad news about the flight (but you wont need to do it again for a while!!), we'll catch up soon honey.(pm'd ya)
Clairex
Old Sep 8th 2007, 12:39 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

For some reason I always thought JFW stood for "Jackie for Walsall".
Thought you was intent on going there to live

Oh well, welcome to Australia then
Old Sep 8th 2007, 12:49 pm
Naughty but nice...

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Australia Jackie and tribe
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:39 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Glad youve arrived safe and sound. Sounds like you are settling well. Enjoy your holiday before you start work. All the best.

Joex
Old Sep 8th 2007, 2:09 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW View Post
Hello!

Just wanted to let you know that we arrived in Brisbane safe and sound on 22nd August after stopping for a week in Dubai (very hot) and a week in Singapore (warm). We flew with Emirates this time and to be honest thought they were rubbish compared to Singapore airlines....sorry emirates!

We've done all the usual things that you do when you first land in the country. We are renting on a small complex in Cleveland. It will be fine for 6 months until we can find something more to our liking. The kids are settled Cleveland State School and seem to be enjoying it.

The weather is a bit chilly for my liking so can't wait for it to warm up a bit. Still waiting for our stuff to arrive from the UK, so using patio furniture to sit on for now.

I have been in to work to meet my manager and have a look round the unit (CCU at the Mater Adult). I think i will like working there, they seem a friendly bunch. I don't start work til 8th October, so I'm still on holiday!

Jon has just started to look for work, but I've told him not to stress too much about it just yet. We can survive on one wage for now.

We've met some lovely people especially VikkiL and her family and Nikki and Graham who have been a great help to us.

Jackie x

Wondered what had happened to you missus......Glad you arrived safe and sound. Just up the road from you!

Cheers

Ginny x
Old Sep 8th 2007, 2:46 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix View Post
For some reason I always thought JFW stood for "Jackie for Walsall".
Thought you was intent on going there to live

Oh well, welcome to Australia then

Thanks for the welcome! JFW stands for Jackie For Wine!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 2:59 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW View Post
Hello!

Jackie x
Finally ......i have been worried sick, not heard a pip for ages

So glad your settled and enjoying it so far

Take care honey
Old Sep 8th 2007, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Good post, glad to hear you are all settling. Enjoy the holiday!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.