Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Update Forum
Reload this Page >

An update from the Sunshine Coast

An update from the Sunshine Coast

Old Sep 27th 2007, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An update from the Sunshine Coast

Lovely post. All the best for your new lives!
Old Sep 28th 2007, 11:47 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all
Default Re: An update from the Sunshine Coast

Originally Posted by glittababe
Firstly condolences to the family in WA who so sadly lost their dad, such a tragedy, our thoughts are with you at this terrible terrible time.

We were going to do an update last week, but with such sad news just couldn't bring ourselves to do it.

So in brief;

http://www.glittababe007.blogspot.com/

The children are well, enjoying school and life - free spirited as ever. Work is great, although reduced hours mean less $$$'s. Mark is doing well, he's away from us all week but I'm just grateful we can see him weekend (and annoy him)! We have settled into the community well and have lots of friends both aussie and pom. To look and listen to the boys you'd never even think they'd been to the UK let alone were born there! Next month we have visitors from the UK coming over and also our friends from Melbourne popping up! Social lives busy!

Cameron got his first 7ft longboard the other day! After proving to us he was serious about surfing, signing up to Nippers and practising on the soft board for the past 10 mths we finally brought him his first longboard! He's chuffed to bits (and so are we, cost $220 from local pro surfer who let Cameron have it just cos he felt it was 'right')! Lucky lucky boy. Its a beautiful board and has a lot of history to go with it.

Have no plans to return to the UK for a while, have discussed it with kids and just don't feel the need! Anything I miss???? Yes, Bisto Gravy Granules!!!!!! Anything the kids miss??? Ummm nope! Will also attach some pics. Good luck to everyone moving this way, take care Annie,Mark and boys
Yeah GB, I remember you from a few years back. You was the one going on about your kids jumping in puddles in the rain and how nice the seasons were and all that crap - so got your s**t together ah and left the sinking ship ?

Sorry, but to me your post from then had a fairy tail image, which living in inner London at the time made no sense. Not wanting to pee on your parade, but I was right. Where, and what do you dustbins lids (kids) go when they are over 12 in a village ? Hang out at the local bus shelter, maybe a youth centre?( if they are lucky) Here, Beach , sports, the street (cuz its a lot safer here) because the weather in QL is the nuts and this type of stuff can be done most of the year, unlike UK!!!

UK is dead, good to see you made sense of the situation and put down roots here. Good luck to your old man, respect.
Now to crush the ping-pong, so that it can't bounce again