And now what?

Old Aug 5th 2010, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And now what?

Really hope you get the best news.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 8:26 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

16th August!!!
Oh my goodness I hope that letter drops on your doorstep too... I wouldn't want to have to turn up at Heathrow, fill you up with decent teabags & chocolate & then kick yo asses back on the next plane to Oz

Fingers very definitely crossed!!!
Old Aug 5th 2010, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

For you, what a stressful position to be in !

Sounds as though you are on the verge of getting a contract / official offer though and they a quick decision is on it's way so all sounds positive

A happy ending on the way for you I feel.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

It does sound promising - hope it all works out well.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Any news? All of our fingers are aching from being crossed so long
Old Aug 10th 2010, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanted to say hope it all works out for you what a terrible situation to be in
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
Any news? All of our fingers are aching from being crossed so long
OMG, sorry! don't want to cause any digititise!

Anyway update 1:

Got a letter from the Education people asking for money so we send off for a request for exemption and they send us a pro-rata amount to pay, which is payment from the start of this term to until 23rd August when we have to again apply to get my daughter kept on enrolment!!!

Can't believe it, even though I told them I don't work, they said they don't take that into consideration and that there are other factors. BS!

We pay for her and I call the education authority to ask if she can go to school, and the bloke at the other end shouts at me :MAKE SURE SHE IS NOT AT SCHOOL! I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY JOB!!!

I say to him that we have paid and we have receipt to prove it but he screams that their system does not update itself until couple of days have passed and therefore it is not showing the payment yet!

I have to ask that bloke to get hold off himself!!

I then explain to him that we would never put the school in a difficult position by taking her to school against the instruction of education authority...What a palaver!

Education Authority == Money Grubbers

Now I have to enrol my daughter again after the 23rd August

And yet the school have been asking about her all this time...They are worried they will be losing someone with some of the highest marks in the state!

Never mind. I think we got it right in UK. Schooling should be free.
Ah Uk!
I'll never moan again about Britain being a rip off country...

Will bring shortly update 2 (just few things to sort out first)...So sorry please keep those fingers crossed (just for a little longer).
Old Aug 11th 2010, 2:29 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Syedney
Will bring shortly update 2 (just few things to sort out first)...So sorry please keep those fingers crossed (just for a little longer).
Oh, sounds promising....I think that may be the news we've all been hoping for!

BTW, we'll be in OZ beginning the 21st of August. I think we may need to have a meet up at some point - just to meet the man behind the tale.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Syedney
OMG, sorry! don't want to cause any digititise!

Anyway update 1:

Got a letter from the Education people asking for money so we send off for a request for exemption and they send us a pro-rata amount to pay, which is payment from the start of this term to until 23rd August when we have to again apply to get my daughter kept on enrolment!!!

Can't believe it, even though I told them I don't work, they said they don't take that into consideration and that there are other factors. BS!

We pay for her and I call the education authority to ask if she can go to school, and the bloke at the other end shouts at me :MAKE SURE SHE IS NOT AT SCHOOL! I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY JOB!!!

I say to him that we have paid and we have receipt to prove it but he screams that their system does not update itself until couple of days have passed and therefore it is not showing the payment yet!

I have to ask that bloke to get hold off himself!!

I then explain to him that we would never put the school in a difficult position by taking her to school against the instruction of education authority...What a palaver!

Education Authority == Money Grubbers

Now I have to enrol my daughter again after the 23rd August

And yet the school have been asking about her all this time...They are worried they will be losing someone with some of the highest marks in the state!

Never mind. I think we got it right in UK. Schooling should be free.
Ah Uk!
I'll never moan again about Britain being a rip off country...

Still got them crossed for you!
Old Aug 11th 2010, 11:49 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

My fingers are still crossed and getting rather sore.

You promise to put us out of our misery as soon as you know?
Old Aug 14th 2010, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Syedney where are you? It is nearly 16th August...

Still crossed

Old Aug 14th 2010, 7:44 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Still crossed here in sunny K*nt too - any news yet???
Old Aug 14th 2010, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Yeah, I was hoping we'd hear from you before the 16th too!

We'll be shipping out to AUS on the 19th - hoping to hear you'll be around.
Old Aug 16th 2010, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Apologies for the delay in updating but we are awaiting for some news and I will update the thread as soon as I have them.

Just a quick summary of what is happening:

Today, our 28th day period ends. I have had an offer of employment and sponsorship from a company in Sydney.

Now we are awaiting for the migration agents that is used by my new employers to change the sponsors name so that I can be legit and be able to work for my new employers.

So far, the migration agents have been very "slack" in the English sense of the word...
And we are a bit apprehensive to say the least

Also, as far money goes, we are now scrapping the proverbial barrels and have almost exhausted families/friends options...So need to get working like two weeks ago!

Can't help but think about that Yazz song, you know "the only way is up, baby!"...

Last edited by Syedney; Aug 16th 2010 at 12:06 am. Reason: mistake
Old Aug 16th 2010, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you get a happy ending soon and very soon.They cant say you didnt try.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.