And now what?

Old Jul 28th 2010, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And now what?

Originally Posted by Catkin09
Just been reading your thread about the 457 visa. I know it's a nightmare 'cos it happened to us too after we'd been here for 5 months!
We spoke to a migration agent here in Perth and DIAC, both were very helpful. Hubs is also in IT&T and we thought we would have to leave, it's not a good feeling is it!!
Anyway, hubs hunted and hunted and eventually found another sponsor, but he didn't want us on the 457, he wanted us to have PR. Luckily he sponsored us for that, but it was 3 months before hubs was able to start work and as you know, there's no financial help from anyone.
I just want to say hang in there, talk to DIAC, if your honest and upfront with them, they'll do what they can to help. I'm sure the perfect job is just around the corner waiting for you.
Keep your chin up and good luck with everything.
Catkin

Your experience echoes so much that of ours...so thank you soooo much for sharing it

You're right about financial side of things. If we do find a sponsor, it takes between 4-6 weeks before the new sponsorship is granted and before I could work for the new sponsor... Not ideal...

Luckily, my parents in London have been very helpful and my mum has been very encouraging...I dreaded telling her about losing the job, thinking she's going to egg me on to go back, but it has been all but that!!

We are sooo grateful for all the people who have given us support and advice. I have found real strength from ppl on BE

We can promise one thing to every well wishers here and everywhere:
Will use the British spirit and keep our chin up.

Will not give up until we get dragged kicking out of this country...

Will wear Ana's high heels if that helps me
Old Jul 28th 2010, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Syedney
Your experience echoes so much that of ours...so thank you soooo much for sharing it

You're right about financial side of things. If we do find a sponsor, it takes between 4-6 weeks before the new sponsorship is granted and before I could work for the new sponsor... Not ideal...

Luckily, my parents in London have been very helpful and my mum has been very encouraging...I dreaded telling her about losing the job, thinking she's going to egg me on to go back, but it has been all but that!!

We are sooo grateful for all the people who have given us support and advice. I have found real strength from ppl on BE

We can promise one thing to every well wishers here and everywhere:
Will use the British spirit and keep our chin up.

Will not give up until we get dragged kicking out of this country...

Will wear Ana's high heels if that helps me
Also wanted to add that George Lombard has been extremely helpful. I have been emailing him about some advice, he has answered our emails promptly and more than once reassured us with immigration matters.

I would recommend him thoroughly.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Again, eerie this morning...Just like last week's Friday was

Beginning of the week, lots of interviews everywhere (CBD, The Rocks, Chatswood) and then Friday is the waiting day...

I think I need to chill out a bit...Just going doolaly
Old Jul 30th 2010, 1:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Beginning of the week, lots of interviews everywhere (CBD, The Rocks, Chatswood) and then Friday is the waiting day...

Hang on in there. Something has to turn up very soon
Old Jul 30th 2010, 5:37 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

It wouldnt surprise me if something turned up on the 11th hour - you will see.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 11:47 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

You're doing everything right - getting the best advice, attending plenty of interviews - you're trying so hard & you deserve your luck to turn, as surely it will.

Sincerely, very best wishes
Old Jul 30th 2010, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for you and hope something comes along pdq. By the law of averages, the more you apply for the higher the chances are of finding something.

I saw on the news yesterday a chap in Birmingham who (early morning) sat on a bridge over a busy road with a "Please give me a job" sign and within an hour he was offered one. Not suggesting you should do this, but good to remember that other people are in the same position as you (though probably not with the visa issues). Good luck
Old Aug 1st 2010, 4:26 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Just found this thread!

I hope something comes up for you very soon, we are all rooting for you (not in the Aussie sense )
Old Aug 1st 2010, 11:46 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I remember all too well the 457 thing over the head. Chin up and keep plugging away, at least you are getting interviews. Keep us up to date.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by northernbird
I remember all too well the 457 thing over the head. Chin up and keep plugging away, at least you are getting interviews. Keep us up to date.

Cheers for the encouragements and the good karma

Bit of update:

1. My old company has pestered me for flight departure dates and in the end bought us tickets for 16th August, with Malaysia airlines...

That's them washing their hands off us

Had two more interviews:

One with a really large company who when enquired about my visa status, their reply was "we don't worry about 457, we can do that!"...Music to my ears, I tell ya!

Anyway, as things went well they asked me for a second interview, and in the last 2 days another company were chasing me for an interview with a promise of quick turnaround in their decision...My, my sometimes nothing and then 3 buses at once!

Anyway, now I have an offer from this second company and the large company is getting some kind of offer ready (asked me about my postal address so they can post it to me...)

Please for us ( I know you all have been doing this but do it extra extra more this time).

Don't want to think about next week...
Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

al_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud of

Wirelessly posted (Android: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-gb; ZTE-RACER Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

At least its starting to look better! Good luck.

Last edited by al_and_lucy; Aug 4th 2010 at 1:15 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

What an update....full of highs and lows! I know you've been living it - but a date out, YIKES. I guess I would call them back and state that you have a date and it's sometime in September - could they change the tickets.

Hopefully whilst they're doing that, you'll be signing a contract!

Catherine
Old Aug 4th 2010, 7:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for the encouragements and the good karma

Bit of update:

1. My old company has pestered me for flight departure dates and in the end bought us tickets for 16th August, with Malaysia airlines...

That's them washing their hands off us

Had two more interviews:

One with a really large company who when enquired about my visa status, their reply was "we don't worry about 457, we can do that!"...Music to my ears, I tell ya!

Anyway, as things went well they asked me for a second interview, and in the last 2 days another company were chasing me for an interview with a promise of quick turnaround in their decision...My, my sometimes nothing and then 3 buses at once!

Anyway, now I have an offer from this second company and the large company is getting some kind of offer ready (asked me about my postal address so they can post it to me...)

Please for us ( I know you all have been doing this but do it extra extra more this time).

Don't want to think about next week...
Good luck, my fingers are duly crossed but I ahve a sneaky feeling you are safe and dry now.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

I keep checking this thread to see how your going. I truly hope it works out!:fingerscrosse d:
Old Aug 5th 2010, 1:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Will have everything crossed for you:fingerscrossed :
Tried to send you some karma too but it doesn't want to work for me this morning. Thinking you will be fine without it though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.