And now what?

Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And now what?

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
I just bet it did. I hope you guys are going to be having a HUGE celebration tonight.

I might even save up a bit and do a mother of all celebration!!!

Of course, it will be annouced here on BE first

Probably in summer so we can have a beach barbie too!!

Getting carried away probably but can you honestly blame me?
Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Syedney
Guys! Guys! Guys!

You can uncross your fingers/toes and anything else you may have been crossing for us!!!

I am starting work on Monday 30th August!!!! Visa's just been approved!!! :thum

We are doing the conga as we speak and totally totally elated!

OMG!!!! OMG!!! Talk about being weight off my shoulder!!!

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much everyone one of you!!!!

Can't speak highly enough of your support for us. Thank you BE!!!

==============================So happy!!!!!!========
That is fantastic news, I am soooo pleased for you guys!
I was starting to fear looking at the thread, I cannot begin to imagine what it has all been like for you guys.
Anyway, well done & get those PR papers in asap!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 10:19 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Brill! Brill! Brill!
Many congratulations, what a relief!
So very pleased for you & yours - loads of luck for the future
Old Aug 25th 2010, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

al_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud of

Excellent news!!
Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Catkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud ofCatkin09 has much to be proud of

That's brilliant news

I know exactly how you felt and feel, the lows are crap the high is the biggest possible

Now you can start looking forward again instead of on a knifes edge.

Catkin
Old Aug 25th 2010, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catkin09
Now you can start looking forward again instead of on a knifes edge.

Catkin
God, you don't realise how true that statement is!!!

Sound silly, but I can finally look forward to week-ends too...I used to dread them because I knew that DIAC would be closed and won't be processing our visa...

Bring on Sat/Sundays!!

Cheers folks for all your good words and good vibes and for staying with us throughout it all

Hope no one ended up needing new nails on their fingers or toes...
Old Aug 25th 2010, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

As a thank you for all your karma senders
(Specially Tiddly, PP and all),

here is a 5 karma practices as preached by some Yogi (Not the bear )

1.If it seems like everything is coming at you, maybe you're in the wrong lane.

2.Having trouble sleeping? Try counting your blessings.

3.In the pursuit of happiness, the hard part is knowing when you've caught up.

4.The best vitamin to be a happy person is B1.

5.Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news Sydeney!

Well done, you should be very proud of yourself and your determination.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

So pleased to hear your wonderful news!!! CONGRATS

Old Aug 25th 2010, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the news
Old Aug 25th 2010, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Syedney
Guys! Guys! Guys!

You can uncross your fingers/toes and anything else you may have been crossing for us!!!

I am starting work on Monday 30th August!!!! Visa's just been approved!!!

We are doing the conga as we speak and totally totally elated!

OMG!!!! OMG!!! Talk about being weight off my shoulder!!!

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much everyone one of you!!!!

Can't speak highly enough of your support for us. Thank you BE!!!

==============================So happy!!!!!!========
WOW! So so pleased for you! have been checking to see how things were going Big Cograts!
Emma
Old Aug 26th 2010, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

To conclude this thread, here are my observations in relation to getting unfairly fired while being on 457:

1. Remember this is not end of your stay in Australia. You may have notice periods and on top, there is the 28 days rule. And if you speak to DIAC, you can even extend your for few more days (through the bridging visa route).
I even heard of someone getting their extension until December, ie 2 months more of stay of execution because they had a child at school here. I must emphasis that the DIAC do not extend your stay unless they think you have a strong chance of getting a job (your skill is in demand and/or you have quality experience in the field).

2. Always use a migration agent, even if you think you know the laws. They are worth every penny and can give you a full overview of your situation. I used George Lombard, not only he is knowledgeable but gives the picture as it is. He doesn't embellish anything and you will know where you stand in terms of immigration from him. Some migration agents worth every cents!

3. Make sure you always mention that you are on 457 when asked by agencies/potential employers. Being on 457 is not the end of your application. In fact, most agencies shrugged their shoulders when I mentioned that I was on 457. There are other ways of getting sponsorship for a 457 person!!

4. Re-write your CV, and tailor it to AU market. Make sure you show a distinction of where is your UK experience against AU experience in your CV. It helps the agencies understand the skills gained better.

5. Attend any/every interview you may get. Not only it helps you get better at interviews, but also helps gauging what questions are being asked, show agencies you'll go to the interviews and that you are really looking for a job!!

6. Be polite. Don't slag off your previous sponsor. You can always say that the ex-sponsor has made you redundant as they were streamlining and you happen to be an expensive resource.

7.Make sure you ask your ex-sponsor for TICKETS back to blighty for you and your family. They are obliged to do so. This is an assurance as well as a way to get out of here should you need to do so.

8. Create a new email address, and make sure you provide all agencies this address. Also add to your CV.

9. You can ignore this if you feel you're well off: Start reducing all your bills, you will need to survive for a while so start saving now. Just pay utilities and rent. Speak to other lenders if any and explain the situation.

10. Come on BE and tell us your story. We will support you with plenty of karma and any advice we can give you. You are not alone here.

---That's all folks! if I think of any other I'll add -- please do so too -----
Old Aug 26th 2010, 4:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic post!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 9:00 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Sally, great post. Please now go and see someone about getting your PR. Even if you don't feel that in the long term you want to stay I am sure you don't want to go through all of that again!

Well done, I am so pleased for you.
Old Aug 29th 2010, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Getting ready for joining the rat race again...
Had a long break so a bit rusty everywhere!

Got the bus pass, now I am hoping I'll get up when the alarm goes off at 7.00am!!!

Do feel like have been out of it for a while...Will probably take few days to get back into the swing...Even if it's half swing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.