The 'Jen1977au' thread

Old Feb 26th 2010, 4:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Jen1977au' thread

Do they not send faxes in the UK?

The Medicare card is very useful. It's got your name on it and your Medicare number so anyone looking at it knows you are registered and the government have your details so you're legit.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 5:37 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Do they not send faxes in the UK?

The Medicare card is very useful. It's got your name on it and your Medicare number so anyone looking at it knows you are registered and the government have your details so you're legit.
Faxes died in the UK about 5 years ago. For me the last place that wanted a fax was the tax office, and even they went online.

And the Medicare card just seems to have so little info on it as to be pointless for ID, but then again the fetish for ID is pretty pointless anyway.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GarryP
Jen

[7]Its "savings" on EFTPOS.
Now off to buy a DECT phone to tide me over....I do wish Argos would open up here with UK prices.
It's only savings if you want to use your savings account! To use you current account it's cheque. Although Westpac leaflet says to press credit normally and only to use cheque when you'd be charged a fee for using credit! - It's all very weird.

Faxes - they do still use them in the UK. E-mails (scanned in stuff) is less secure, apparently held on servers for months on end as backups, so to send information without fear of interception (as long as you have the right number!) fax is the way to go - or so I'm told! :-)

All-in-one printers are definitely very cool and so handy for the odd photocopying!
Old Feb 26th 2010, 8:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
Faxes died in the UK about 5 years ago. For me the last place that wanted a fax was the tax office, and even they went online.

And the Medicare card just seems to have so little info on it as to be pointless for ID, but then again the fetish for ID is pretty pointless anyway.
It's got enough info on it, providing you are also showing some other ID to be plenty. However, whilst not being a fan of Big Brother have no issues with being asked to show ID in various places. Vive la difference!
Old Feb 26th 2010, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

pauline dublin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Queensland, and I decided to hold onto the house til it was worth more....the first people who viewed it to rent, wanted it, so it's been simple enough....SO FAR LOL

Where r u headed?
Hi Jen
were heading back to mandurah where we were 2 years ago . Thats great your house is rented.
Good luck with the job hunting.
Pauline
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:41 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Well after yesterdays bad news about my teacher registration going to take upwards of 3 months, instead of the month I was told, I today had an interview at a lovely private girls school locally. I've been put on their supply list, not that I can do any until my registration is through, but hey ho, it's something. Tomorrow I'm also going to Kip McGrath for an interview about doing some tutoring for them. I need to start earning and PRONTO! lol
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:55 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I've missed this but why did you choose Toowoomba?
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 2:09 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carbery
Maybe I've missed this but why did you choose Toowoomba?
We didn't choose it, it chose us, my OH transferred from the British Army into the Aussie Army, and this is our first posting...I love it here, though my God in comparison to most of the locals we're practically anorexic and we're slightly overweight at the moment, I'll say no more lol
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 2:19 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Jen1977ni;8385866]We didn't choose it, it chose us, my OH transferred from the British Army into the Aussie Army, and this is our first posting...I love it here, though my God in comparison to most of the locals we're practically anorexic and we're slightly overweight at the moment, I'll say no more lol [/QUOTE]

Shocking at first isn't it Jen I couldn't believe it myself.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 2:25 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

[QUOTE=scottishcelts;8385891]
We didn't choose it, it chose us, my OH transferred from the British Army into the Aussie Army, and this is our first posting...I love it here, though my God in comparison to most of the locals we're practically anorexic and we're slightly overweight at the moment, I'll say no more lol [/QUOTE]

Shocking at first isn't it Jen I couldn't believe it myself.
It's unreal, but it's not surprising as initially we found the cost of food absolutely horrendous. We've now discovered the local market for our fruit and veg (cheap as anything) and a separate butchers for our meat, the supermarket is for all the rest. No matter where you look in this place there's takeaway though, so is it any wonder?! It's made us more and more determined to live an even healthier lifestyle here than we did in the UK, is it possible to OD on fresh fruit and veg tho!? lol Another thing I've noticed is that if you do get takeaway MAN IS IT SALTY!? McDonalds was saltier, or so it seemed and Sizzler, well, I'll say no more, but it was pure rank and we were the thinnest people in there, and that my friend, is saying something!!! In all honesty, it's friggin disgraceful the state of some of these people, absolutely ridiculous the state they let themselves get into!
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 2:51 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Jen1977ni;8385902]
Originally Posted by scottishcelts

It's unreal, but it's not surprising as initially we found the cost of food absolutely horrendous. We've now discovered the local market for our fruit and veg (cheap as anything) and a separate butchers for our meat, the supermarket is for all the rest. No matter where you look in this place there's takeaway though, so is it any wonder?! It's made us more and more determined to live an even healthier lifestyle here than we did in the UK, is it possible to OD on fresh fruit and veg tho!? lol Another thing I've noticed is that if you do get takeaway MAN IS IT SALTY!? McDonalds was saltier, or so it seemed and Sizzler, well, I'll say no more, but it was pure rank and we were the thinnest people in there, and that my friend, is saying something!!! In all honesty, it's friggin disgraceful the state of some of these people, absolutely ridiculous the state they let themselves get into!

Yeah you have sussed well you need a separate butcher and fruit and veg shop, supermarkets for everything else (some people even budget for the British shops, but I wouldn't give them the money - unless Irn Bru comes into the equasion ).

I find it a complete eye shocker, as some of them wear tight dresses resembling a negligee thing
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 2:58 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

[QUOTE=scottishcelts;8385965]

Yeah you have sussed well you need a separate butcher and fruit and veg shop, supermarkets for everything else (some people even budget for the British shops, but I wouldn't give them the money - unless Irn Bru comes into the equasion ).

I find it a complete eye shocker, as some of them wear tight dresses resembling a negligee thing
I know, we see some shocking 'units' about...and when we do, I say to Simon, 'See, I'm skinny in comparison to that! You're a lucky boy lol'
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 5:50 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Jen1977ni;8385979]
Originally Posted by scottishcelts

I know, we see some shocking 'units' about...and when we do, I say to Simon, 'See, I'm skinny in comparison to that! You're a lucky boy lol'
When we were in NI and met you last year Jen, I thought there were far more people with slim figures than in Manchester.

I reckon there are more fast food joints than where we lived back in the UK

You're a skinny one anyway Jen!

Cooler
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 10:15 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

HAHA @ ME BEING SKINNY LOL

Well they always say somethings better than nothing. Got three afternoons a week working for Kip McGrath, start tomorrow, we'll see how it goes. Thanks Kareena xo
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 12:31 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Jen1977ni;8385902... Sizzler, well, I'll say no more, but it was pure rank and we were the thinnest people in there, [/QUOTE]

Well to be fair - the "eat as much as you can" thing does rather attract the larger crowd! As far as Sizzler quality goes though - I've never had any issues (never eaten in Toowoomba Siz though) and usually find to be a decent place to feed the family. Its not 'gourmet' but its decent food and an environment where the kids enjoy it without feeling too pompous.

(For the record I work for Collins Foods Group who own Sizzler - and use my 20% employee discount quite regularly!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.