The 'Jen1977au' thread

Old Mar 22nd 2010, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Jen1977au' thread

Originally Posted by fish.01
We don't have current accounts in oz. They are all called savings accounts. I've rarely heard of anyone hitting cheque but I think it does the same as hitting savings. You hit the credit button if using a Visa Debit so that it doesn't count towards your transaction limit.

I reckon if buying a printer these days better to get a cheap laser rather than an ink one. A lot cheaper in the long run. Buy a separate scanner or cheap 3 in 1 just for scanning.
Westpac customers should use cheque, hitting the savings button will cause it (in most cases) to be declined! As I found out to my embarrassment when I spent $10 in Maccas! But they put the transaction through again pressing cheque again and it worked I can press Credit if I want my debit mastercard to be used like a credit card but I rarely do.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 1:48 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

I can only use my NAB Visa Credit by pressing credit, and to my despair (in Kmart anyways), I can't get 'cash back' or whatever they call it, by pressing credit, ARGHHHHHH!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

strange , we have to hit credit when using our westpac card, still comes out of the account as normal but any other button comes back with the big decline!!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Westpac customers should use cheque, hitting the savings button will cause it (in most cases) to be declined! As I found out to my embarrassment when I spent $10 in Maccas! But they put the transaction through again pressing cheque again and it worked

Strange. Most banks you just hit savings.

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
I can press Credit if I want my debit mastercard to be used like a credit card but I rarely do.
My understanding is that you are almost always better off hitting Credit unless you want some cash out. It comes out of your Debit Mastercard account in exactly the same way but doesn't count towards your free transaction limit for the month.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
I can only use my NAB Visa Credit by pressing credit, and to my despair (in Kmart anyways), I can't get 'cash back' or whatever they call it, by pressing credit, ARGHHHHHH!
If you haven't worked it out already "cash advances" on credit cards are only available through ATM's. And you get charged credit card interest straight away and sometimes a hefty fee.

It is only Visa/Mastercard "Debit" cards that give you option to hit the Savings button in the supermarket and get cash back/cash out.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 9:54 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

If you haven't worked it out already "cash advances" on credit cards are only available through ATM's. And you get charged credit card interest straight away and sometimes a hefty fee.

It is only Visa/Mastercard "Debit" cards that give you option to hit the Savings button in the supermarket and get cash back/cash out.
I meant debit, it's a visa debit card....and it didn't work!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I meant debit, it's a visa debit card....and it didn't work!
Yeah it won't. When you hit Credit it's processed later through the credit card clearing system so the shop can't tell if you have the money in the bank to give it to you. Apologies if I'm just telling you stuff you already know.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 10:23 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Yeah it won't. When you hit Credit it's processed later through the credit card clearing system so the shop can't tell if you have the money in the bank to give it to you. Apologies if I'm just telling you stuff you already know.
That's a bit mad, so what do I do? Cashback is handy, do I have to change my account or my bank?!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's a bit mad, so what do I do? Cashback is handy, do I have to change my account or my bank?!
When using your Visa Debit just hit Savings and enter a pin when you want cash back. Then it will come straight out of your bank account. They just can't give it to you when you hit Credit.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 1:24 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's my first morning of volunteering for the RSPCA, so far, so good! Was hard getting out of bed so early again though, but I'll soon get used to it lol
Oh good for you Jen

I'm starting to volunteer with St Vinnies in June/July I'm really looking forward to it.

Lemmy know how you get on
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 3:24 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Brilliant, just secured some 'Teacher Aide' work for the next few weeks, it's better than nothing and will be quite refreshing to be in a classroom and not be the one whose in charge! BEEZER!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Brilliant, just secured some 'Teacher Aide' work for the next few weeks, it's better than nothing and will be quite refreshing to be in a classroom and not be the one whose in charge! BEEZER!!!
Well done.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

WOOHOO

Lynn xx
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Everything's falling into place heh Jen........you'll blink just now and have a full-time permanent job under your belt before long.There are only so many soapies and hours on FB/BE one can bare before boredom sets in lol.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Strange. Most banks you just hit savings.

My understanding is that you are almost always better off hitting Credit unless you want some cash out. It comes out of your Debit Mastercard account in exactly the same way but doesn't count towards your free transaction limit for the month.
Oh I'm not sure how many free transactions we have... I'm Westpac staff so I think mine are unlimited which is why I press Savings.

A thing to note is some places charge you when your press credit instead of cheque or savings, Aldi for example charge 1%.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.