The 'Jen1977au' thread

Old Feb 11th 2010, 8:00 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Jen1977au' thread

Luckily my solicitor did mine for free. I printed stuff off @ the library yday, straight from my dongle, however they wouldnt let me use the computers as I wasn't a member, and I could only be a member if I had something with my address on. I've been in the country 6 days, so how could I have something with my address on since I've not even moved into the DHA property yet?! GRR

Anyhoo, tell me, could you recommend a decent facial sunscreen as the one I'm using @ the moment is an all over body one and is dead greasy and makes my face look constantly wet and yucky...I'm really anal about the sun so want to be protected. Also, I don't want to pay the earth as I'm a tight @rse lol (at least I'm honest)
Old Feb 11th 2010, 8:07 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

O and are snowpea sprouts basically cress that's been on steroids?!
Old Feb 11th 2010, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Totally free. Not allowed to charge, it's a 'community service'. Could do with that in the UK when you have hundreds of certified docs to get done
Yeah, you can say that again. Daylight robbery here!
Old Feb 11th 2010, 9:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Luckily my solicitor did mine for free. I printed stuff off @ the library yday, straight from my dongle, however they wouldnt let me use the computers as I wasn't a member, and I could only be a member if I had something with my address on. I've been in the country 6 days, so how could I have something with my address on since I've not even moved into the DHA property yet?! GRR

Anyhoo, tell me, could you recommend a decent facial sunscreen as the one I'm using @ the moment is an all over body one and is dead greasy and makes my face look constantly wet and yucky...I'm really anal about the sun so want to be protected. Also, I don't want to pay the earth as I'm a tight @rse lol (at least I'm honest)
Many of them are greasy, My normal moisturiser has a 15 factor built in, if I'm going to be out and about a lot in the sun I prefer an invisible zinc face moisturiser, should find it in the sunscreen section in the supermarket - by some model - Megan someone. It's pricey but you only need a diddy amount or it's too heavy.

Snowpea shoots are the shoots that come off the plants of snowpeas (mange tout Rodney, mange tout). Nothing like cress. Cress is actually hard to find, my daughter loves the stuff and I only recently found it in a veg shop, she was very happy Had to rush home to make egg mayo to go with it

Get used to snowpea shoots, they put them on everything in restaurants (well not desserts but you know what I mean). Alfalfa sprouts are more like cress but without the peppery taste.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 9:25 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Many of them are greasy, My normal moisturiser has a 15 factor built in, if I'm going to be out and about a lot in the sun I prefer an invisible zinc face moisturiser, should find it in the sunscreen section in the supermarket - by some model - Megan someone. It's pricey but you only need a diddy amount or it's too heavy.

Snowpea shoots are the shoots that come off the plants of snowpeas (mange tout Rodney, mange tout). Nothing like cress. Cress is actually hard to find, my daughter loves the stuff and I only recently found it in a veg shop, she was very happy Had to rush home to make egg mayo to go with it

Get used to snowpea shoots, they put them on everything in restaurants (well not desserts but you know what I mean). Alfalfa sprouts are more like cress but without the peppery taste.
I liked them lol Tho I could've sworn I was being stung as I put them into my mouth! lol

Will look out for that invisible zinc stuff, thanks chick! (PS you're gonna start charging me soon for all of this advice lol)
Old Feb 11th 2010, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I liked them lol Tho I could've sworn I was being stung as I put them into my mouth! lol

Will look out for that invisible zinc stuff, thanks chick! (PS you're gonna start charging me soon for all of this advice lol)
Her name's not money&penny for nothin' you know.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 9:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Her name's not money&penny for nothin' you know.
Bloody is The Penny bit's ok but the money bit is a total misnomer.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really nice

How do I find out where the JP's are to certify a few docs for my Teacher Registration? I remember reading somewhere that they go to shopping centres on Saturdays, is that true!?
Hi Jen

If you haven't been able to find a JP, I'm a solicitor here in Toowoomba and would be able to certify stuff for you
Old Feb 12th 2010, 1:54 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Bonnie65
Hi Jen

If you haven't been able to find a JP, I'm a solicitor here in Toowoomba and would be able to certify stuff for you
Thanku, that's fab. My main problem is finding a printer in Toowoomba (ours is still floating in the sea on a boat), tried the Uni = NO, then tried the library and yes they were able to print off my USB dongle but they wouldn't let me log on to any computers because I couldn't prove my address to join! I even brought my own paper! Any ideas?
Old Feb 12th 2010, 1:57 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Ok so today I finally downloaded the Australia maps onto my iphone and I now have a proper, fully fledged SATNAV, woo hoo! No more getting lost for me! So this morning I drove around 8 schools with my CV, most of the principal's seemed to be off, but I got to speak to one or two, so here's hoping! All I need to do now is find a printer to print off my Teacher Registration's hard copy and get it certified, possibly by bonnie above, then the waiting game begins til I'm certified.

Well that's now for all folks, as of tomorrow we'll have officially been in Oz a week, a weird week though. Simon at work all of it, and me alone, not quite what I anticipated of the week we arrived, but hey ho, onwards and upwards!
Old Feb 12th 2010, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Bonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really niceBonnie65 is just really nice

Thanku, that's fab. My main problem is finding a printer in Toowoomba (ours is still floating in the sea on a boat), tried the Uni = NO, then tried the library and yes they were able to print off my USB dongle but they wouldn't let me log on to any computers because I couldn't prove my address to join! I even brought my own paper! Any ideas?
You're welcome to borrow ours
Will send you a PM with my phone number.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 4:32 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so today I finally downloaded the Australia maps onto my iphone and I now have a proper, fully fledged SATNAV, woo hoo! No more getting lost for me! So this morning I drove around 8 schools with my CV, most of the principal's seemed to be off, but I got to speak to one or two, so here's hoping! All I need to do now is find a printer to print off my Teacher Registration's hard copy and get it certified, possibly by bonnie above, then the waiting game begins til I'm certified.

Well that's now for all folks, as of tomorrow we'll have officially been in Oz a week, a weird week though. Simon at work all of it, and me alone, not quite what I anticipated of the week we arrived, but hey ho, onwards and upwards!
All sounds good to me Jen, sounds like you are itching to start working here! You'll get something nae bother
Old Feb 12th 2010, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You have reached your destination.
Old Feb 12th 2010, 11:05 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Alfresco
You have reached your destination.
Brill too, no more getting lost for me lol
Old Feb 13th 2010, 1:03 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Oz Jenny + other half, here at last.
When we travel around Oz, we go into the information centers, and have been able to use the computers there, might help if there is one near you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.