The 'Jen1977au' thread

Old Aug 6th 2010, 12:52 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 'Jen1977au' thread

Jeez, that six months has gone FAST! Glad you're enjoying it though

Tx
Old Aug 6th 2010, 1:04 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiger222
Excellent! Sure wish we could hear the details....but super glad to know it's all worth it!!!
Well I have some good news, my initial 4 week contract at the school has been extended til at least the end of this term, which is mid-September! I have rejigged my timetable so that instead of having upwards of two classes visiting me at once (sometimes 2 whole classes and half of a composite class) I now have all single classes coming to me which is so much more manageable! At the same time I still have just over 30 classes a week and it's pretty intense, but I seem to have made a good impression on the kids and the staff, so it's all good! I even made it onto the front page of the School Newsletter - 'We are very lucky to gain Miss M as our new Music Teacher for the duration of Mr G's ongoing leave with ill health'

My OH has been away in Melbourne with work for the last 5 weeks but is currently en route home (by car - nutter!!!) and should be here at the latest, lunchtime tomorrow! YAY!

Can't think of too much else to say right now, life's busy, life's good, so I really can't complain!

Last edited by Jen1977ni; Aug 6th 2010 at 1:07 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Well I have some good news, my initial 4 week contract at the school has been extended til at least the end of this term, which is mid-September! I have rejigged my timetable so that instead of having upwards of two classes visiting me at once (sometimes 2 whole classes and half of a composite class) I now have all single classes coming to me which is so much more manageable! At the same time I still have just over 30 classes a week and it's pretty intense, but I seem to have made a good impression on the kids and the staff, so it's all good! I even made it onto the front page of the School Newsletter - 'We are very lucky to gain Miss M as our new Music Teacher for the duration of Mr G's ongoing leave with ill health'
:thumbup:Good! I'm glad things are going well! They obviously like you....

My OH has been away in Melbourne with work for the last 5 weeks but is currently en route home (by car - nutter!!!) and should be here at the latest, lunchtime tomorrow! YAY!

Wow, that's a LONG drive! We drove from Brisbane to Sydney.....Beautiful country though!!!

Can't think of too much else to say right now, life's busy, life's good, so I really can't complain!
We'll be joining you soon in OZ! My OH arrives 10 Aug, and the kids and I follow on 21 Aug....cannot wait!!! But I have a Million things to organize still
Old Aug 6th 2010, 1:20 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiger222
We'll be joining you soon in OZ! My OH arrives 10 Aug, and the kids and I follow on 21 Aug....cannot wait!!! But I have a Million things to organize still
It'll all come together when you least expect it, 'you'll be right' lol

Yeah it is a long drive, and he's doing it all in one go, overnight, luckily he has a work colleague sharing the driving! He drove down as opposed to fly so he'd have the freedom of having the car there with him....men eh! lol
Old Aug 7th 2010, 12:27 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

After meeting you Jen, I never doubted you'd make a success anywhere in Aus. Don't forget our pal in Brisbane for ideas in music - he's just had a promotion If you contact him, ask him how much money his wife's brother has just spent on a car!!!

Eldest son came back today from a sleep over at a 'new' families house - lovely people from NI.

Guess who's moving house next week

Cooler
Old Aug 7th 2010, 12:42 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
After meeting you Jen, I never doubted you'd make a success anywhere in Aus. Don't forget our pal in Brisbane for ideas in music - he's just had a promotion If you contact him, ask him how much money his wife's brother has just spent on a car!!!

Eldest son came back today from a sleep over at a 'new' families house - lovely people from NI.

Guess who's moving house next week

Cooler
Awww hello you, and thanks, I probably owe you A LOT of money for paying me that compliment!!!

Who are the NI people? Can you ask them if they'd be ok about us getting in touch?! tee hee

If the contract goes anything beyond it's already 8 weeks I will ask the school if I can go for some additional training, the majority of the classes are working towards performances with me, it's just the P/1 and Yr 3/5 which aren't and I've already got their work sorted for the next 6 weeks!

How's life with the Cooler family!?
Old Aug 7th 2010, 1:00 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Awww hello you, and thanks, I probably owe you A LOT of money for paying me that compliment!!!

Who are the NI people? Can you ask them if they'd be ok about us getting in touch?! tee hee

If the contract goes anything beyond it's already 8 weeks I will ask the school if I can go for some additional training, the majority of the classes are working towards performances with me, it's just the P/1 and Yr 3/5 which aren't and I've already got their work sorted for the next 6 weeks!

How's life with the Cooler family!?
They're from Antrim.

Mrs C has finished her placement in a hospital in Glenelg and is back at college for two days a week. I've been Mr Mum and held a job down for six weeks so that makes me a legend, ha! Mrs C is fine, she went out today and told me she was going to give me some cash and not use the bank Later on, it transpired that she had bought another fridge freezer and a new Dyson. It's about time she got a job!

Youngest boy was in hospital last night after getting a techdek wheel stuck in his ear - what stupid toys. DD is still a midget and talks a language know one understands apart from her. Eldest boy is sports mad and gets a rocket every now and the about forgetting his HW. Middle boy has just had four guitar lessons and is apparently gifted - tripping up, day dreaming yes, but musically, well I am not an expert.

Me, well all I can say is that it's a contrast to working for eleven years in Moss Side and Hulme! National Curriculum please

We are all excited about moving into the house which will be big enough to put you two up, when you come

Cooler
Old Aug 7th 2010, 10:20 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Haha cool! Busy times eh, did u buy the house? R u still doing short contracts at the moment then, teaching wise and r u applying for something more long term for next year?!

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
They're from Antrim.

Mrs C has finished her placement in a hospital in Glenelg and is back at college for two days a week. I've been Mr Mum and held a job down for six weeks so that makes me a legend, ha! Mrs C is fine, she went out today and told me she was going to give me some cash and not use the bank Later on, it transpired that she had bought another fridge freezer and a new Dyson. It's about time she got a job!

Youngest boy was in hospital last night after getting a techdek wheel stuck in his ear - what stupid toys. DD is still a midget and talks a language know one understands apart from her. Eldest boy is sports mad and gets a rocket every now and the about forgetting his HW. Middle boy has just had four guitar lessons and is apparently gifted - tripping up, day dreaming yes, but musically, well I am not an expert.

Me, well all I can say is that it's a contrast to working for eleven years in Moss Side and Hulme! National Curriculum please

We are all excited about moving into the house which will be big enough to put you two up, when you come

Cooler
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:26 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

So this is where my DS, 8 games and iPod Nano ended up! Thanks Qantas, I'm absolutely charmed! GRRRR :curse: I hope they blow up in your face lol

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/q...-1225902567248
Old Aug 8th 2010, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Meggzie is an unknown quantity at this point

So this is where my DS, 8 games and iPod Nano ended up! Thanks Qantas, I'm absolutely charmed! GRRRR :curse: I hope they blow up in your face lol

that is disgraceful..naughty Qantas
Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Flippin marvelous! Our daughter left her DS on there too!
Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:24 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by MrsE
Flippin marvelous! Our daughter left her DS on there too!
It's an outrage isn't it! I'd to go through a whole insurance claim with Go Walkabout because of them, and Qantas sent me a letter for the claim - it appears they probably send those letters out quite a lot, GITS!
Old Aug 12th 2010, 9:00 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

What date do tax returns have to be done by, here in Oz?
Old Aug 13th 2010, 3:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

What date do tax returns have to be done by, here in Oz?
October in theory, whenever in practice!
Old Aug 13th 2010, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

That's disgraceful!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.