Wages for Truckers

Old Jul 16th 2011, 8:50 am
Just Joined

areksm7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wages for Truckers

Originally Posted by karla03
Good point Big Truck!

My friends husband works for Yanke and is part of a driving team and her husband brings in £2100 at least every 2 weeks (he is out 10 days and off for 4).
I would also like to know what company he works for.
hello.
i see You know something about Yanke. can write something more?
i am going to work for them in october.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

Originally Posted by areksm7
i prefer to be at home every day but if i want move to Canada i must get that job with Yanke and work for them minnimum 2 Years on long houl, otherwise i will not get a work permit by my self and i will must stay in Europe.
So Can You tell me how will be look my life for that money?
I will go self for first few months and after will join my wife. we havent children yet.
All depends on your personal spending habits , I don't know what the cost of living is like in Saskatoon But you should be OK , Get a second wage coming in (wife ?) and you'll be fine .

Yeah I know you have to do Long Haul to start with , But team driving isn't everybody's cup of tea and there are other companies in Saskatoon that you could drive for without doing Team driving.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kb33
All depends on your personal spending habits , I don't know what the cost of living is like in Saskatoon But you should be OK , Get a second wage coming in (wife ?) and you'll be fine .

Yeah I know you have to do Long Haul to start with , But team driving isn't everybody's cup of tea and there are other companies in Saskatoon that you could drive for without doing Team driving.
You right but i havent any other propouse but only from Yanke and if they take me i must work for them 2 Years to get residence, otherwise if i will change company i must get new work permit and not every company will get it for me. i dont mind work hard for Yanke if they will be paid well, so tel me it is good money 5000 cdolars per month before taken tax?
Old Jul 16th 2011, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice

You right but i havent any other propouse but only from Yanke and if they take me i must work for them 2 Years to get residence, otherwise if i will change company i must get new work permit and not every company will get it for me. i dont mind work hard for Yanke if they will be paid well, so tel me it is good money 5000 cdolars per month before taken tax?

It's not " good money " Considering what you have to do for it , But you will get bye on it , Most trucking jobs don't pay that well anyway . So 5k a month would be about average.
Old Jul 16th 2011, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kb33
It's not " good money " Considering what you have to do for it , But you will get bye on it , Most trucking jobs don't pay that well anyway . So 5k a month would be about average.
Thank You very much.
So if i will have morgage and car for loan i will still survive?
Old Jul 16th 2011, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Depends on how big the loan and mortgage are ! Plus I don't want you blaming me if you have to go back home destitute

Just be very careful in the first 12 months is all the advice I can give.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Thank You very much.
So if i will have morgage and car for loan i will still survive?
You will be a 'temporary foreign worker' it will say so in black and white on your immigration document in your passport. Don't get a mortgage, as you can be shipped out very easily with little notice.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mickfly
You will be a 'temporary foreign worker' it will say so in black and white on your immigration document in your passport. Don't get a mortgage, as you can be shipped out very easily with little notice.
Thanks.
so i must wait until i get residence there. Yes?
And loan for car? Prabobly the same?
what else You can tell me about life in Saskatoon and work for Yanke?
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant futuremickfly has a brilliant future

Thanks.
so i must wait until i get residence there. Yes?
And loan for car? Prabobly the same?
what else You can tell me about life in Saskatoon and work for Yanke?
No, you don't have to wait... anyone will be happy to take your money for a house or car loan, but you are NOT safe until you get the relevant paperwork, you may be 'temporary' for as long while.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

No, you don't have to wait... anyone will be happy to take your money for a house or car loan, but you are NOT safe until you get the relevant paperwork, you may be 'temporary' for as long while.
Thanks very much. I will wait with loans until i get permament residence.
meybe everything will be ok. thanks
Old Jul 21st 2011, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good advice
Old Aug 17th 2011, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

skwiotkamil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello
Just got a question on actual wages for yankee and siemens?
whats the pay like now? do they pay by mile? if yes how much?
what sort of work they do? is it only long houl? is there any other companies recruiting in UK? im looking some companies in ontario province
Old Aug 17th 2011, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skwiotkamil
Hello
Just got a question on actual wages for yankee and siemens?
whats the pay like now? do they pay by mile? if yes how much?
what sort of work they do? is it only long houl? is there any other companies recruiting in UK? im looking some companies in ontario province
Yankee/ Siemens youd best ask them what they are paying these days and for what kind if work, 99% of companies pay by the mile. Plenty of companies do activly recruit from the UK, you just need to look for them. How do you intend to work in Ontario, do you have PR status, or are you intending to just come for a short time to work and then return to UK ???
Old Aug 17th 2011, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

skwiotkamil is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Yankee/ Siemens youd best ask them what they are paying these days and for what kind if work, 99% of companies pay by the mile. Plenty of companies do activly recruit from the UK, you just need to look for them. How do you intend to work in Ontario, do you have PR status, or are you intending to just come for a short time to work and then return to UK ???
Well im planning to find company who will help me to come there and get temporary work permit and then pr status. im planning to go there permanently
Old Aug 17th 2011, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skwiotkamil
Well im planning to find company who will help me to come there and get temporary work permit and then pr status. im planning to go there permanently
Not in Ontario you wont, they dont have a system for that. Only in PEI,NB,MB,SK,AB & BC i sugest you research those provinces PNP sytems to see if you can get on those.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.