Wages for Truckers

Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Wages for Truckers

Originally Posted by Big Truck
"Silent" seemed to be a decent guy and I know from his posts he asked the Yanke recruiters when they where in the UK some "searching" questions which perhaps they didn't take too kindly too.
I know he did say that his German wife spoke very little english and as bad as some trucking recruiters are they would have taken into account that he would need a very VERY strong marriage to survive him being away for 14 days at a time leaving his non english speaking wife at home.
Hi Big Truck,
Your right about the questions, he did ask loads and i think had he had another recruiter he would of been ok. We both told them that we would be team together and that our wives would be with each other for support and help with her English but we both had different people at the interviews so as perm norm i guess communication fell down their.

How are you and are you any nearer to making the big move ?
Do you really think that you will ever make it, do you really want to as sometimes i feel maybe from your comments that it's just their for the taking but not the right time. Oh well all good things come to those who wait.

All the best mate for what ever path you take.

LOAFY...
Old Jul 25th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by loafy
Hi Big Truck,
Your right about the questions, he did ask loads and i think had he had another recruiter he would of been ok. We both told them that we would be team together and that our wives would be with each other for support and help with her English but we both had different people at the interviews so as perm norm i guess communication fell down their.

How are you and are you any nearer to making the big move ?
Do you really think that you will ever make it, do you really want to as sometimes i feel maybe from your comments that it's just their for the taking but not the right time. Oh well all good things come to those who wait.

All the best mate for what ever path you take.

LOAFY...
Not in any rush at all Loafy mate,
as I've said before things are going really well here at home in Northern Ireland and I can afford to take my time.
I'm still not interested in the "long haul" side of things as I've never done it at home and don't intend to start any time soon so my options are very limited on the truck driving positions available going PNP rather than WP.
I'm still not convinced about the long winters in the "prairie provinces" either as reading through ALOT of the posts it seems the snow is a novelty for the first year or two and then it gets abit teidious!!!
It seems to be that after a truck driver gets his/her PR the vast majority move off to pastures new somewhere else in Canada so I figure why not start off from there in the first place,by that I mean the Maritimes or BC maybe even Ontario
I'm quite intrigued about the posts from people heading to NB and Karla also going to PEI,do you know if there is a PNP for truckers in NB?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:33 am
Just Joined

Stesol is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I am recruiting truckers now for NB where it is possible for truckers to apply for PR under our program, but they are considered on a case by case basis by Service Canada in NB and only after a year on a WP first to make sure it is going to work out if PR is granted. There is no general PNP list of occupations in NB that truckers will appear on.

I notice there seems to be some fairly strong opinions against using agencies of any kind on this forum so I've got my tin hat on but nevertheless I felt it may be helpful to answer the question posed by Big truck.
Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

as I've said before things are going really well here at home in Northern Ireland and I can afford to take my time.
I'm still not interested in the "long haul" side of things as I've never done it at home and don't intend to start any time soon so my options are very limited on the truck driving positions available going PNP rather than WP.
I'm still not convinced about the long winters in the "prairie provinces" either as reading through ALOT of the posts it seems the snow is a novelty for the first year or two and then it gets abit teidious!!!
It seems to be that after a truck driver gets his/her PR the vast majority move off to pastures new somewhere else in Canada so I figure why not start off from there in the first place,by that I mean the Maritimes or BC maybe even Ontario
I'm quite intrigued about the posts from people heading to NB and Karla also going to PEI,do you know if there is a PNP for truckers in NB?
Hi Big Truck

We're heading to NB just waiting to hear about OHs LMO. He will be away from Monday to Friday, which is something he hasn't done for a while but I Believe we can get PNP after approx 6 months
We are lucky really our kids are teenagers so hopefully within a couple of years we will work together as husband and wife team, I already have my HGV in the UK.

I'll let you know how we get on.

Rosie
Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Big Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant futureBig Truck has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by RodRos&Co.
Hi Big Truck

We're heading to NB just waiting to hear about OHs LMO. He will be away from Monday to Friday, which is something he hasn't done for a while but I Believe we can get PNP after approx 6 months
We are lucky really our kids are teenagers so hopefully within a couple of years we will work together as husband and wife team, I already have my HGV in the UK.

I'll let you know how we get on.

Rosie
Hi Rosie,
Does the trucking company your OH is going to work for have a website and how did you find out about them?
Old Jul 25th 2007, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Big Truck,if you take a look in Wiki at the top of the page,Click Canada,scroll down to Trucking or transport,then scroll to websites. You will see info on all the Provincial Transport Assocs that i posted. These have approx 600 members 95% with websites. Plus a loead of other ways of finding Truck companies,should keep buisy for about 3months,it did me
Old Jul 25th 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Rosie,
Does the trucking company your OH is going to work for have a website and how did you find out about them?
Hi Big Truck

I'm up to my eyes in decorating so being a bit lazy here ,
If you look at page 36 of this thread, Karla and Gremmie have posted a list of truck websites, we are now using John Robison (immigration Consultant) to arrange most things although initially I googled truck driving in NB and spent a few days phoning firms and speaking to their Driver Recruiters. If they weren't available most did phone me back within a couple of days. If you want to do this yourself have a list of questions beside you because I found we would end up talking about the weather, kids, holidays etc

We were the same as you I didn't want hubby away for a couple of weeks or longer at a time, and he didn't want to be.
I was concerned about the weather both the heat during the summer and the snow in the winter in the prairie provinces. We've visited the Maritimes and really liked it, not too far from the UK, lovely people and we both felt this is where, if we were going to emigrate, we wanted to be.

Rosie
Old Jul 26th 2007, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Hi Big Truck,
I took a look at PEI and what a nice place to live looked real nice and the weather wasnt to bad all year round so not to much snow and i agree it does get tedious after a while trying to shovel your way out of some place or other. Not sure about NB as i have never looked it up for driving firms thou i presume there are plenty there who take foreign drivers.

Their are a lot of drivers who have joined companies and then left after they have PR but have to say there is a lot who stay too, guess it's the old what your used to with some thou and of course what they did before because i'm sure that some of these guys would have been on rubbish money before they came out to Canada.

Speak to you later all,

LOAFY...
Old Jul 28th 2007, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

silentwispers is an unknown quantity at this point

hi to all
I'm back again , its a long story but i will keep it short.
Went for the interview in Birmingham in June met loafy and Clair great people, was going to do team driver with loafy, bit sad about this i think we would made a great team.So i think i asked too many questions at the interview,
Driving damage trailers.
getting in to trouble with the police in USA while working ,who helps.
getting hijacked, robbed. and so on the list was long, and i do think this put them off, Ive done this job a long time driving all west EU lands and war zones in Yugoslavia Macedonia. yes my wife is German and specks pigeon English and i have a patch work family and the farther of the kids put his foot in the door, which means the mother would have to have full custody of the kids before they moved to Canada, in which the farther put the foot in door, all so grandparents kicked up also, so we got the lawyers involved.
So i waited for the response from yanke and waited , waited and waited and they were talking about august to move over there at the interview. rung them Sara snow at yanke she could not tell me anything sent them emails no response rung them no response, meantime in Germany I'm getting every thing ready to go, kids are getting all worked up and so on.
five weeks later got the letter of refusal from yanke. not saying why.
i was planing to do team driving with loafy and i was looking forward to it never done team driving before i know the wagon never stops moving, and with sleeping. but i think also with a friend on your side life is a little bit easy, and also with loafy and Clair meeting them at Birmingham and hitting straight off for the first time , i thought this is a great omen for us. but things never work out as you plan, loafy got the job i did not. that's why i was a bit pissed off, and thats why you did not hear from me for along time.As some body said before they take every body on, Not true. I think i asked to many questions and not because my wife speaks pigeon English and the patch work family (custody of the kids) if and when i go to Canada, the kids are staying here in Germany with the farther, there old enough and the farther can take his part over whether he likes it or not, he has made his bed he can lay in it, but i do feel sorry for my wife with her mum and dad there has not been a word spoken in the last 4 months between them, and i dont see anything geting any better. It pissed me so off that it took so long for yanke to let me know,
till later Pete
Old Jul 28th 2007, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by silentwispers
hi to all
Went for the interview in Birmingham in June met loafy and Clair great people, was going to do team driver with loafy, bit sad about this i think we would made a great team.So i think i asked too many questions at the interview,
Driving damage trailers.
getting hijacked, robbed. and so on the list was long, and i do think this put them off, Ive done this job a long time driving all west EU lands and war zones in Yugoslavia Macedonia. yes my wife is German and specks pigeon English and i have a patch work family and the farther of the kids put his foot in the door, which means the mother would have to have full custody of the kids before they moved to Canada, in which the farther put the foot in door, all so grandparents kicked up also, so we got the lawyers involved.
So i waited for the response from yanke and waited , waited and waited and they were talking about august to move over there at the interview. rung them Sara snow at yanke she could not tell me anything sent them emails no response rung them no response, meantime in Germany I'm getting every thing ready to go, kids are getting all worked up and so on.
i was planing to do team driving with loafy and i was looking forward to it never done team driving before i know the wagon never stops moving, and with sleeping. but i think also with a friend on your side life is a little bit easy, and also with loafy and Clair meeting them at Birmingham and hitting straight off for the first time , i thought this is a great omen for us. but things never work out as you plan, loafy got the job i did not. that's why i was a bit pissed off, and thats why you did not hear from me for along time.As some body said before they take every body on, Not true. I think i asked to many questions and not because my wife speaks pigeon English and the patch work family (custody of the kids) if and when i go to Canada, the kids are staying here in Germany with the farther, there old enough and the farther can take his part over whether he likes it or not, he has made his bed he can lay in it, but i do feel sorry for my wife with her mum and dad there has not been a word spoken in the last 4 months between them, and i dont see anything geting any better. It pissed me so off that it took so long for yanke to let me know,
till later Pete
Hi Pete

sorry to hear about the job with yanke, but why not try another firm or even a different province. We're hopefully heading to New Brunswick very shortly, and with no kids involved your OH can go with you if she enjoys being a passenger whilst you're working
Think about it, its their loss there are lots of other trucking companies looking for drivers!

Rosie
Old Jul 28th 2007, 2:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey give this guy an E.mail,he recruits for Seafood express,Midland (they want family men )and a half dozen other truck companies in NB and the Atlantics. John Robinson [email protected]
He buzzed me yesterday to see if i wanted to go there insted of BC
Old Jul 28th 2007, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

daz and jac is an unknown quantity at this point

hi to all
Driving damage trailers.
till later Pete
hi pete
do you want to be home every night and not do long haul ? you could work in the oilfields with all training paid by the company they are recruitng drivers now. you get paid by the hour not the mile. i`ve been with them for 6 month`s now and its working out fine we do 7 day`s on then 4 off then 7 on then 3 off but we are home every night working on average 12 hrs aday. website rjhoffman.com
Old Jul 28th 2007, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi to all
Driving damage trailers.
till later Pete
Silent,
Don't give up,being turned down by Yanke may well turn out to be a blessing in disguise,try some other companies:
www.erbgroup.com
www.midlandtransport.com
www.bigfreight.com
all looking for experienced drivers.
Just remember Yanke turned you down for asking questions that they quite simply didn't want to answer!!!

Last edited by Big Truck; Jul 28th 2007 at 7:05 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

citicat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the roughciticat is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by daz and jac
hi pete
do you want to be home every night and not do long haul ? you could work in the oilfields with all training paid by the company they are recruitng drivers now. you get paid by the hour not the mile. i`ve been with them for 6 month`s now and its working out fine we do 7 day`s on then 4 off then 7 on then 3 off but we are home every night working on average 12 hrs aday. website rjhoffman.com
Cheers for the info m8 i have a job offer in lethbridge but that company seems better be home each night, But at what pont do they sponsor you for permanant residency my current job offer will be after 8 months they will sponsor you so 16 months at most for full pr coming through

Thats what 2 of my friends have done who went 2006

mick
Old Jul 28th 2007, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by citicat
Cheers for the info m8 i have a job offer in lethbridge but that company seems better be home each night, But at what pont do they sponsor you for permanant residency my current job offer will be after 8 months they will sponsor you so 16 months at most for full pr coming through

Thats what 2 of my friends have done who went 2006

mick

Hi Mick

Is your job offer with H & R ? they are recruiting big time - a tonne of drivers seem to be going out.

You need any information about Lethbridge or a Realtor out there drop me a PM and I be only too glad to answer any questions that you have about the time - been going for nearly 20 years and joining my hubby out there in a week for good

Gaynor
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.