Wages for Truckers

Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

kb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nicekb33 is just really nice
Default Re: Wages for Truckers

Just had 5 quotes from various shipping companies and (shipping to Calgary )the cheapest were http://www.excess-baggage.com/ Very efficient service got the quote the next day in the post and by email and received a courtesy call .

Whites couldn't even be bothered to get back to me 2 weeks later !!
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kb33
Just had 5 quotes from various shipping companies and (shipping to Calgary )the cheapest were http://www.excess-baggage.com/ Very efficient service got the quote the next day in the post and by email and received a courtesy call .

Whites couldn't even be bothered to get back to me 2 weeks later !!
Your not the only one - Whites have not got back to me either and I contacted them over 4 weeks ago "Wasters".

Karla x x x x
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jmmy
Go on my Son
Jimmy how could you leave now when i'm coming over to be the best damn driving partner you ever had. LOL.
LOAFY...
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by loafy
Jimmy how could you leave now when i'm coming over to be the best damn driving partner you ever had. LOL.
LOAFY...
I don't think he had a choice Michelle wants him at home alot more due to her having another baby. Plus I know he was more than alittle pead off with his driving partners and when he voiced his concern on Monday, Yanke took it the wrong way

Karla x x x
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:19 am
Just Joined

jmmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Karlas Right - Yanke gave me two options, Put up with it or Walk, So I handed in my notice. What more could I do. They are a good company but I was sick with being placed with crappy drivers who do jack s*it but eat cookies and pies.

Plus now I want more time at home - so it worked out well for me, but make sure you stick to your guns and tell them what you want - I wish I had opened my mouth alot sooner.

See Ya
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:41 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Karlas Right - Yanke gave me two options, Put up with it or Walk, So I handed in my notice. What more could I do. They are a good company but I was sick with being placed with crappy drivers who do jack s*it but eat cookies and pies.

Plus now I want more time at home - so it worked out well for me, but make sure you stick to your guns and tell them what you want - I wish I had opened my mouth alot sooner.

See Ya
Good advice I'll pass it on to OH, but they'll have to work with him as well :curse: :curse:, they don't know what they're letting themselves in for
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lorna_D
Good advice I'll pass it on to OH, but they'll have to work with him as well :curse: :curse:, they don't know what they're letting themselves in for
I suppose thats the downside to team driving - If you get stuck with someone that you don't get on with, it would make working a nightmare. I would really feel sorry for whoever was driving with my husband (not like he is going as a team) as the smell that comes out of him is the same smell that comes from a dead animal - not nice at all

If you are lucky to have a good driving partner, then you have cracked it. But Jmmy has just always been unlucky, when it comes to his partners. Lets hope Yanke start to listen to their drivers.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by karla03
Your not the only one - Whites have not got back to me either and I contacted them over 4 weeks ago "Wasters".

Karla x x x x

I thought it was just me Whites don't bother returning phone calls or emails, when I last rang them to ask why they hadn't bothered to return calls or emails they said they were extremely busy so I asked if they were too busy for anymore clients/customers "Oh no we will always deal with new customers" they're having a laugh. Here's 1 new customer they've lost!

Rosie
Old Jul 6th 2007, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a Mooving Story I checked the web and found 6 companies that would do shipping from Zürich to Kamloops BC One even had a furniture volume caculator ? Me thinks i can do that And duely meassured every thing and worked out its volume in cubic meters Sent out the 6 E.mails and waited and waited some more then got angry :curse: and telephoned Was told by 3 that they didn't "trust" my calculations and would only give an estimate done by one of their own shipping experts I agreed to let one come as its free Two day's latter a young chap (20-24year old) came armed with tape meassure and items list,took him into the beedroom ( no gay comments please ) He looked at the bed with a " Profesional " eye and wrote 6 m3 ?same with the wardrobe 8m3 total 14m3. My calculation for eveything was only 16m3 and we were still in the bedroom I then told him the furniture would be dismanteld for shipping,Oh... he said. Threw the bugger out. Found latter a smallish crew who helped with evey thing,and handeld all my possesions as there own for 8700 swiss francs door to door inc insurance. The big companies aren't interested in small moves only multi million deals.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

loafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant futureloafy has a brilliant future

See Ya
Hey i know where your coming from mate i did the same a while back you have to do it or time will just go by and your kids are all grown up.

Well hopefully i wont run into the same bad luck as you had with team drivers out there, not really looking forward to it much, unless you click with someone straight away which is ok.
LOAFY...
Old Jul 6th 2007, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gremmie
Here's a Mooving Story I checked the web and found 6 companies that would do shipping from Zürich to Kamloops BC One even had a furniture volume caculator ? Me thinks i can do that And duely meassured every thing and worked out its volume in cubic meters Sent out the 6 E.mails and waited and waited some more then got angry :curse: and telephoned Was told by 3 that they didn't "trust" my calculations and would only give an estimate done by one of their own shipping experts I agreed to let one come as its free Two day's latter a young chap (20-24year old) came armed with tape meassure and items list,took him into the beedroom ( no gay comments please ) He looked at the bed with a " Profesional " eye and wrote 6 m3 ?same with the wardrobe 8m3 total 14m3. My calculation for eveything was only 16m3 and we were still in the bedroom I then told him the furniture would be dismanteld for shipping,Oh... he said. Threw the bugger out. Found latter a smallish crew who helped with evey thing,and handeld all my possesions as there own for 8700 swiss francs door to door inc insurance. The big companies aren't interested in small moves only multi million deals.
I have given up doing quotes on containers at the mo as my wife is not coming out till springtime and the ones i have been in touch with want the earth and some more.
LOAFY...
Old Jul 7th 2007, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

glp17 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all,
i know this is not a wages for truckers question, but i think this thread (great though it's been) has gone off the tracks a few times. so once mor won't hurt.
I received my lmo through as well and hopefully will be going over the same time as loafy an chris, i've filled in my wp apllication, got my bankers draft yesterday ( what a bloody rip off that was ) and i am going to run it up to london and put it through the letterbox today, but i'm not sure what to send, do i send just a photocopy of my passport's front page or do i have to send the whole passport? i've read the cic guide and it says that british citizens don't need a visa so it's only proof that you can re-enter uk.

cheers
Old Jul 7th 2007, 10:17 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glp17
hi all,
i know this is not a wages for truckers question, but i think this thread (great though it's been) has gone off the tracks a few times. so once mor won't hurt.
I received my lmo through as well and hopefully will be going over the same time as loafy an chris, i've filled in my wp apllication, got my bankers draft yesterday ( what a bloody rip off that was ) and i am going to run it up to london and put it through the letterbox today, but i'm not sure what to send, do i send just a photocopy of my passport's front page or do i have to send the whole passport? i've read the cic guide and it says that british citizens don't need a visa so it's only proof that you can re-enter uk.

cheers
Hi, Mal has recieved his LMO and is going to work for Yanke as well. the paperwork we have say to send a photocopy of the page of the passport which has his photo on - this is the most important page which has all the information they need.

Hope this helps

Lorna
Old Jul 7th 2007, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

glp17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers lorna, we will see you out there.
Old Jul 8th 2007, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

I might just sell everything and buy new - trying to find a good company to ship my items over is driving me mental.

Good luck to all those who are off to Canada soon and I hope your WAGES are great FOR you as your all great TRUCKERS. Back on track now?

Karla x x x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.