British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/seafood-express-loafy-chris12-488210/)

Gremmie Oct 30th 2007 4:03 am

Re: SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

Originally Posted by koogar (Post 5487031)
Not me Andy.......... it's that cross-dressin teddy-shagger.
That interview has left me quite traumatized

Aint going to play no more:(

koogar Oct 30th 2007 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 5487060)
Aint going to play no more:(

lol ;)

andy_sheila Oct 30th 2007 4:18 am

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 5487030)
:rofl::rofl::rofl: yeh but i bet you read it all tho :rofl::rofl:

I sure did, and laughed my nuts off :rofl:

Gremmie Oct 30th 2007 4:21 am

Originally Posted by andy_sheila (Post 5487082)
I sure did, and laughed my nuts off :rofl:

I some how get the feelin that the three of us have to much time on our hands:rofl::rofl:

andy_sheila Oct 30th 2007 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 5487087)
I some how get the feelin that the three of us have to much time on our hands:rofl::rofl:

Me too, back out tomorrow though after a week off. Truck has to have it's 90 day inspection and then off to the Peterbilt dealer in Moncton to have the heavy haul package programmed in and wheels rotated.
After that? who knows? i will in the morning.

Lorna_D Oct 30th 2007 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 5487087)

yep you have but it was very entertaining :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Lorna_D Oct 30th 2007 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 5484587)
I gave you karma Lorna,,, so please let me live. please no voodoo dolls,or Welsh equiverlent:eek::rofl::rofl:
PS i locked my self out of my car too,at o3,30 hrs ended up smashing the passenger window as the motor was still running and my stuff was inside:(:ohmy: cost me 250$ that little bit of fun:eek:

Thank you for succumbing to my Witchly whiles - now come on elaborate on that last statement ;) :rofl:

Big Truck Oct 30th 2007 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Seafood Express (Post 5485019)
Just to put you right I make $40/hour and maybe I've been at work since 7am and am about to knock off at 7pm!!!!!
Sorry but I'm going to strike SFE off my list as your just the usual recruiter that wont answer the questions put to you and as I said before no company no matter how good get my time for free.
Please feel free to point out that I'm wrong in saying if the wheels aren't physically turning on the SFE truck that you are driving/loading/cleaning your actually earning "diddly Squat"?!!!!!!!!
Please list the extra's you pay apart from 33c/mile then you can shut me up?

Here is the answer to your question ,....are you ready....here it is...all extra pays for pick and drops and all other icidentals are as follows...

FOR EMPLOYEES ONLY OF SFE.......keep on fishing BT.....

Brilliant absolutely brilliant,
you have just proven to me and anybody with half a brain that what I've posted about SFE wages is 100% correct!!!:rofl::D
What an answer,
straight out of the company HR book on duping potential drivers,
just what you would expect from a trucking company recruiter who knows there's NOT many perks to offer any potential employee.
What person in their right state of mind would imigrate to Canada to work for SFE if they are told the above?:confused:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep on coming with the personal insults (post 250 would be considered sectarian in Northern Ireland:o) from both you and your fellow travellers (against the rules by the way:o) "its water off a ducks back".:thumbup:

Can SFE offer anything similar from Trans-X?:

Other: (Cdn funds)$20.00 All loads - when driver performs the live loading of
the trailer.
• $20.00 All unloads – when driver performs the live unloading of the trailer.
• $14.00 Per hour rate for authorized Work time.
• $30.00 Flat rate the meat inspection.
• $100.00 New York “City/Only” bonus to truck.
• $50.00 Per day single layover rate. Layovers will be paid starting with the 2nd
night after delivery.
• $9.00 Per hour double layover rate. Rotating 8 hours free then 8 hours paid until
dispatched on a load. (Trainer is paid layover – excludes)

Gremmie Oct 30th 2007 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Lorna_D (Post 5487249)
Thank you for succumbing to my Witchly whiles - now come on elaborate on that last statement ;) :rofl:

I smashed the window so that i could get into the car,window replacement was 250$:(

Gremmie Oct 30th 2007 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 5487513)
Brilliant absolutely brilliant,
you have just proven to me and anybody with half a brain that what I've posted about SFE wages is 100% correct!!!:rofl::D
What an answer,
straight out of the company HR book on duping potential drivers,
just what you would expect from a trucking company recruiter who knows there's NOT many perks to offer any potential employee.
What person in their right state of mind would imigrate to Canada to work for SFE if they are told the above?:confused:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep on coming with the personal insults (post 250 would be considered sectarian in Northern Ireland:o) from both you and your fellow travellers (against the rules by the way:o) "its water off a ducks back".:thumbup:

Can SFE offer anything similar from Trans-X?:

Other: (Cdn funds)$20.00 All loads - when driver performs the live loading of
the trailer.
• $20.00 All unloads – when driver performs the live unloading of the trailer.
• $14.00 Per hour rate for authorized Work time.
• $30.00 Flat rate the meat inspection.
• $100.00 New York “City/Only” bonus to truck.
• $50.00 Per day single layover rate. Layovers will be paid starting with the 2nd
night after delivery.
• $9.00 Per hour double layover rate. Rotating 8 hours free then 8 hours paid until
dispatched on a load. (Trainer is paid layover – excludes)

Just wonderd,how Loafy,Chriss,Davie Mac etc feel having only half a brain:confused::confused: probably twice as good as you BT:rofl::rofl:

CHRISRICHES Oct 30th 2007 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 5484814)
as I said before no company no matter how good get my time for free.:)
Please feel free to point out that I'm wrong in saying if the wheels aren't physically turning on the SFE truck that you are driving/loading/cleaning your actually earning "diddly Squat"?!!!!!!!!:o
:thumbsup:

I'm not getting into any arguments, as I can't be bothered and also I haven't been on here much lately to know all the in's and out's - but your constant post's about not earning while the truck is not moving amazes me.

I don't know or care how you operate, but generally speaking Tipper loads are paid by the load or weight, not how long it's taken you to do a load. Also in general haulage the customer will pay for a load (I thought you run a truck? so should know)

Along with my parents we run a small Trucking company, and it would be nice to be paid for every little extra - but as every o/d or o/o knows that doesn't happen.

Also I thought it was a good point of Robin from SFE to tell you to basically mind your own business - as you are not a potential, or current employee of SFE.

All of our drivers wages are on an individual basis, as everyone is different - we do not discuss wages with other employee's, or with people outside of the company. This isn't to hide anything, just out of respect for our drivers - so I totaly understand Robin's answer to you, and I respect the fact he has taken the time to come on here to defend members of his staff.

Big Truck Oct 30th 2007 11:01 am

Originally Posted by CHRISRICHES (Post 5487690)
I'm not getting into any arguments, as I can't be bothered and also I haven't been on here much lately to know all the in's and out's - but your constant post's about not earning while the truck is not moving amazes me.

I don't know or care how you operate, but generally speaking Tipper loads are paid by the load or weight, not how long it's taken you to do a load. Also in general haulage the customer will pay for a load (I thought you run a truck? so should know)

Along with my parents we run a small Trucking company, and it would be nice to be paid for every little extra - but as every o/d or o/o knows that doesn't happen.

Also I thought it was a good point of Robin from SFE to tell you to basically mind your own business - as you are not a potential, or current employee of SFE.

All of our drivers wages are on an individual basis, as everyone is different - we do not discuss wages with other employee's, or with people outside of the company. This isn't to hide anything, just out of respect for our drivers - so I totaly understand Robin's answer to you, and I respect the fact he has taken the time to come on here to defend members of his staff.

With the greatest respect Chris,
We're talking about company drivers not O/O's or O/D's.
What would your drivers say if they where tipping/loading at a RDC or broke down for 4/5 hours and not earn a brown penny in that time because its PPM?:confused:
Just for your info my truck is paid by the tonne but if the quarry plant breaks down and we're sitting for more than 2 hours a rate of £35/hour kicks in.
Most tippers are paid by the tonne but quite a few mostly muckaway/handlay tarmac are paid by the hour/load/working day.:thumbup:

lilacheart Oct 30th 2007 11:07 am

BT,

PLEASE give it a rest, it is becoming quite boring. We understand:

You dont want to work for seafood...... you wouldnt get a job anyway

you dont want to live in PEI .... This is a relief , I cant stand the thought of you banging on about this at our get togethers.

FWIW, Hubby got a $350 bonus last friday. I would tell you what for but I would have to kill you

Sue Oct 30th 2007 11:25 am

Seems a couple of people think its okay to use bad language and name call, and its not okay. Please read and adhere to rule 1.

Thanks

Sue

Big Truck Oct 30th 2007 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by kerlynkeo (Post 5488123)
BT,

PLEASE give it a rest, it is becoming quite boring. We understand:

You dont want to work for seafood...... you wouldnt get a job anyway

you dont want to live in PEI .... This is a relief , I cant stand the thought of you banging on about this at our get togethers.

FWIW, Hubby got a $350 bonus last friday. I would tell you what for but I would have to kill you

Your right,
I'm getting a bit bored with it too.:)
I'd just like to add this,
if "Fordprefect" was the only UK driver to return to the UK since SFE started using ex-pat drivers then I'm man enough to admit that "one man doesn't tell a story" and I'll give them the benefit of doubt.

But I will stand by my view (backed up by a great many posters at www.trucknet.com) that mileage pay without the "safetynet" of extra payments for the drivers is a licence to print money for the trucking company involved.:(

P.S. humour me with a wild guess at the $350 bonus, 4 trips to New York?!!!!!!