British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/seafood-express-loafy-chris12-488210/)

Gremmie Oct 29th 2007 5:56 pm

Re: SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 5484646)
Where did that post come from?
I can't find it?

Robin,
as I said it was late at night when I took your call but you WHERE somewhat vague on wages and I standby what I posted.
It tells a very interesting story when all you done in your post was berate the hell out of me but NOT answer a single question of mine regarding SFE and their wages/extra's!!!!!!!!!!:o

Now once and for all is the $674 take home for 8 days work TRUE or FALSE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its post #225 on this thread:thumbup:

Gremmie Oct 29th 2007 6:00 pm

Its post #225 on this thread
And because Robin was so open and honest,to come here and give the facts,i'll give you some karma

deannos Oct 29th 2007 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 5484646)
Where did that post come from?
I can't find it?

Robin,
as I said it was late at night when I took your call but you WHERE somewhat vague on wages and I standby what I posted.
It tells a very interesting story when all you done in your post was berate the hell out of me but NOT answer a single question of mine regarding SFE and their wages/extra's!!!!!!!!!!:o

Now once and for all is the $674 take home for 8 days work TRUE or FALSE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you worry about the take home pay,when you have no intention of going there.Just worry about the companies you are interested in.From what i have read on here you have the answers you require,or are you trying to belittle the people who have made there choice and are giving it a whirl.Do you want excuses not to go ,but aren't brave enough to say it's not for you and you would rather stay in NI.Hope this makes sense it always sounds better in your head then when you write it down.Robin if you read this i would gladly work for you, the area looks great, the people sound great and the company looks good.All in all i think a great place to bring a family up.Ok you can slate me now:p

Deanno

Gremmie Oct 29th 2007 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Seafood Express (Post 5484604)
[
I'm sorry to the guy's who are with SFE,but I just could not see the sense in moving halfway around the world (even though the houses/countryside are fantastic) to work away for 6/8 days and take home a wage of approx $670.:o

BT...who and what you are is no concern to me....but when you start talking about something you know nothing about then it is my turn.....you know nothing about what goes on at SFE and what everyone in our company is paid..ONE COMMENT FORM PEOPLE WHO ARE LONGER IN CANADA and no longer work for SFE which was there choice ..does not give you the right to criticize everyone else who works there, or try to figure out what they make. You should be more concerned for yourself then all the rest of the people on this thread. Seems to me by the amount of time you spend on this thread that you spend a lot more time home not driving...But wait you make $30 per hour so you don't have to work all day thats right i am sorry i forgot...
When did you get the right to criticize my employer....and by saying that you quoted me as saying to tell people to come out and give it a try....you must be form OZ and related to the tin man cause you certainly don't have a brain,,,,you actually think i would tell someone to ..sell there house....leave all there family behind... pull your kids out of school so they have to make new friends....JUST TO GIVE IT A TRY...tell you what buckwheat...stay in Ireland ......because you have been seeing way to many leprechauns to be allowed in Canada mate...have a Guinness on me...better wait you pay for it ...you make more money than my drivers mate.....
BTW
I AM
Robin Roach
SFE Human Resources
[email protected][/QUOTE]

I think i'll print and frame this reply from Robin (post #250 for those who missed it) it's absolutly brill:rofl::rofl: I can just see Judy garland holding BT's hand,dancing and skipping up the yellow brick Rd. singing "we're off to see the wizard the wonderful wizard of Oz":rofl::rofl::thumbsup:

Big Truck Oct 29th 2007 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 5484665)
Its post #225 on this thread:thumbup:

Something funny going on, post 225 WAS NOT there this afternoon hence why I and others missed it?

deannos Oct 29th 2007 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 5484767)
Something funny going on, post 225 WAS NOT there this afternoon hence why I and others missed it?

I will have to agree with you on this one BT

Deanno

Gremmie Oct 29th 2007 6:32 pm

The plot thickens:blink:,,,but its their now,,,so is post #250:eek:,,,dont forget,and i pressume it was in your Spy training:rofl: that all messages have to be encrypted and checked by M first.:rofl::rofl:

marcustandy Oct 29th 2007 6:32 pm

Same here, and I've been watching this thread very carefully. Seeing as my post was the one directly before (224), I also saw which was the one that was posted next because it was Andy's reply to mine. :sneaky::sneaky:

Strange, very strange.

Gremmie Oct 29th 2007 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by marcustandy (Post 5484785)
Same here, and I've been watching this thread very carefully. Seeing as my post was the one directly before (224), I also saw which was the one that was posted next because it was Andy's reply to mine. :sneaky::sneaky:

Strange, very strange.

What have you guy's got for post 250 then,i have a second post from Robin???

Big Truck Oct 29th 2007 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Seafood Express (Post 5484604)
[
I'm sorry to the guy's who are with SFE,but I just could not see the sense in moving halfway around the world (even though the houses/countryside are fantastic) to work away for 6/8 days and take home a wage of approx $670.:o

BT...who and what you are is no concern to me....but when you start talking about something you know nothing about then it is my turn.....you know nothing about what goes on at SFE and what everyone in our company is paid..ONE COMMENT FORM PEOPLE WHO ARE LONGER IN CANADA and no longer work for SFE which was there choice ..does not give you the right to criticize everyone else who works there, or try to figure out what they make. You should be more concerned for yourself then all the rest of the people on this thread. Seems to me by the amount of time you spend on this thread that you spend a lot more time home not driving...But wait you make $30 per hour so you don't have to work all day thats right i am sorry i forgot...
When did you get the right to criticize my employer....and by saying that you quoted me as saying to tell people to come out and give it a try....you must be form OZ and related to the tin man cause you certainly don't have a brain,,,,you actually think i would tell someone to ..sell there house....leave all there family behind... pull your kids out of school so they have to make new friends....JUST TO GIVE IT A TRY...tell you what buckwheat...stay in Ireland ......because you have been seeing way to many leprechauns to be allowed in Canada mate...have a Guinness on me...better wait you pay for it ...you make more money than my drivers mate.....
BTW
I AM
Robin Roach
SFE Human Resources
[email protected][/QUOTE]

Just to put you right I make $40/hour and maybe I've been at work since 7am and am about to knock off at 7pm!!!!!:thumbsup:
Sorry but I'm going to strike SFE off my list as your just the usual recruiter that wont answer the questions put to you and as I said before no company no matter how good get my time for free.:)
Please feel free to point out that I'm wrong in saying if the wheels aren't physically turning on the SFE truck that you are driving/loading/cleaning your actually earning "diddly Squat"?!!!!!!!!:o
Please list the extra's you pay apart from 33c/mile then you can shut me up?:thumbsup:

andy_sheila Oct 29th 2007 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 5484799)
What have you guy's got for post 250 then,i have a second post from Robin???

It definately wasn't there earlier but i have an explanation as to why........................................anyone want to know????? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

marcustandy Oct 29th 2007 6:42 pm

Yes Gremmie, post 250 is Robin's second one BUT the first one (as quoted by you in an earlier post) WAS NOT there earlier today!!

Your post (and quote contained therein) was the first I had sight of Robin's first reply to BT. Like I said, it wasn't there when I was reading Andy's reply to my (224) post.

I'm sure that the mods/admin wouldn't resort to underhand tactics . . . . . . so what can it be?? :frown:

Gremmie Oct 29th 2007 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by andy_sheila (Post 5484829)
It definately wasn't there earlier but i have an explanation as to why........................................anyone want to know????? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

OK tell us:confused: i think when so many people write at the same time some post get pushed to the back,then get squeezed in latter:confused:
Or maybe it's because for some other reason:rofl:

Big Truck Oct 29th 2007 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 5484616)
To BT. as for these to companies, Glenn trans is part of DC chambers,they are both UNION companies, that means you start at the bottom or lower:ohmy:

Gremmie,
It doesn't mention anything about "teamster" on their respective websites and pay is approx $22/hour,sounds OK to me?:unsure:

Quitting time,same place tomorrow?!!!!!!!!!

Gremmie Oct 29th 2007 7:01 pm

[QUOTE=Big Truck;5484867]Gremmie,
It doesn't mention anything about "teamster" on their respective websites and pay is approx $22/hour,sounds OK to me?:unsure:

Quitting time,same place tomorrow?!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Some people never know when to quit???? DO YOU!!!!
If you read the Trimac or Arrow websites they dont mention unions either:eek: but both are full union companies:mad: