British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/seafood-express-loafy-chris12-488210/)

chris12 Oct 27th 2007 1:03 am

Re: SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

Originally Posted by Gremmie (Post 5474069)
I've tried mate,we've all tried:eek: he's been still for today tho:thumbsup:
So apart from trashing yours and Loafy's thread,Andie Koogs and myself have been busy under the very critical eye of Davie Mac a kind of Can. truckers Bible for newbies. And what have you been upto and where??

Hi Gremmie
Me and Loafy got back from a six day trip today am knackerd now. Just flicking through the threads and a big thanks to all for your contributions. Me and Loafy will be putting on the next instalment over the week end i believe. so whatch this space.;)

Sorry we coulndn't make it tonight kerry. Tell Bob to look after my truck i believe he's out in it Sunday. No peanuts on the bed please... xx

Love you all Darlings.
exept BT:zzz: of course and we will be here to answer and dispute and also rip apart his theories on seafood express pei ltd.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::sneaky:

Gremmie Oct 27th 2007 1:36 am

Originally Posted by chris12 (Post 5474147)
Hi Gremmie
Me and Loafy got back from a six day trip today am knackerd now. Just flicking through the threads and a big thanks to all for your contributions. Me and Loafy will be putting on the next instalment over the week end i believe. so whatch this space

Sorry we coulndn't make it tonight kerry. Tell Bob to look after my truck i believe he's out in it Sunday. No peanuts on the bed please... xx

Love you all Darlings.
exept BT of course and we will be here to answer and dispute and also rip apart his theories on seafood express pei ltd.:mad::mad::sneaky:

Wow cant wait for the weekend:eek::eek::rofl::rofl: Shame koogs aint arround,he's of to the mountains with his wife, hope he doesn't come back still a virgin:rofl::rofl:

lilacheart Oct 27th 2007 2:51 am

Welcome back boys, you can now take over feeding some of the sharks that want to eat seafood alive.

Hope you had a good trip. You didn't miss anything too exciting tonight we just played some poker.

Looking forward to your update

Kerry xx

Big Truck Oct 27th 2007 10:40 am

OK all you "shiny happy people" listen up and tune in as Big fat/spotty/zitty bum is back!!!:p

To clear another misunderstanding up the $40/hour I earned is in my full time job which is completely unrelated to trucking,
(catch yourselves on what truck driver earns $40/hour?:confused:) I run our O/D "business" in partnership with my wife who also works full time in a completely unrelated job to trucking.

Now back on track,
To the "rookie" Seafood Express drivers I'm quite aware that SFE PPM,
now answer the following:
1.Loading/unloading IE sitting on a dock, paid or gratis?
2.daily trip/pretrip, paid or gratis?
3.meat/border inspections,paid or gratis?
4.trailer brush/ wash cleanouts,paid or gratis?
5.Punctures (waiting on fitter) paid or gratis?
6.Breakdowns (waiting on fitter/sitting at workshop) paid or gratis?
7.Filling the truck/reefer with fuel,paid or gratis?
8.I see they pay for layovers,how much and for how long?
9.Do you think it will be possible without driving yourselves into an early grave to average 3000 miles/week in order to accrue a wage driving mostly around the NE of the States?
You should be looking at what your "hourly" rate is that means when you are no longer in "your own time" but in "Seafood Express" time IE when you open the door of your truck to start and when you close it to finish.(not to mention the fact you are an unpaid security guard when you park at the truckstop loaded for a sleep because your not paid any "nightout" money!!!!!:o)

P.s. ECT ECT ECT what are you talking about Gremmie,thats a model of ERF truck!!!!!!!
Just to let you know it really is ETC ETC ETC!!!!!!!!

P.p.s
Ref the quotes from Pulp fiction,
So I'm Samuel L.Jackson,happy days but the big question is who's the GIMP?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lilacheart Oct 27th 2007 12:31 pm

Big truck.

Why are you so interested in Seafood ? The previous post was very detailed and I believe it is more that just curiousity.Most of what "ford..." said has been blown out of the water and has been shown as fairytale.

You have now heard of 4 people working at seafood and living in PEI. 3 of them are v happy and the 4th one has been proven to be a liar

I am sure chris and loafy will respond to your questions but will you ever be satisfied with the answers? What are you looking for?

Big Truck Oct 27th 2007 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by kerlynkeo (Post 5475450)
Big truck.

Why are you so interested in Seafood ? The previous post was very detailed and I believe it is more that just curiousity.Most of what "ford..." said has been blown out of the water and has been shown as fairytale.

You have now heard of 4 people working at seafood and living in PEI. 3 of them are v happy and the 4th one has been proven to be a liar

I am sure chris and loafy will respond to your questions but will you ever be satisfied with the answers? What are you looking for?

Kerry,
I have absolutely nothing against Seafood Express/Bulk Carriers, anybody who works for them or anybody who lives on PEI,I believe what I have read and see in the pictures on this forum it looks a "top class" place to live.:thumbup:
BUT,
in my OWN opinion and due to my suspicious nature I cannot work out why two trucking companies with only approx 40 semi tractors each cannot seem to get drivers for them?:confused:
Especially as PEI by all reports from yourselves is great and the fact that its not really "long haul" or OTR in the N.American sense but really similar time away tramping round the UK/Ireland or Europe for that matter.
Now if its true that "Fordprefect" lied in his post on the "Wages" thread was his take home pay of $674 for 8 days away a spoof?:unsure:

lilacheart Oct 27th 2007 3:31 pm

What ford.... lied about was that " seafood contract is not worth the paper it is written on" well they have stuck to it for everybody else.

He did not have his dogs "stolen" , he had to sell them because he did not have a passport to take them home.

Also "seafood do not pay for the flights" again WRONG. Maybe they didnt for him who really knows I am just saying don't believe all you read there are other sides to his story.

I have no reason to defend seafood, believe me if they crap on us we will leave, but i do believe in fairness.

Also I was with Robin last night and seafood are not looking for any more drivers at the moment as they are fully staffed and have 25 new lorries coming in for the current drivers. Does this now show it is not a recruitment drive?

I would love to answer the wages question you ask but I dont understand hubby's payslip, loafy and chris will know what is what

Big Truck Oct 27th 2007 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by kerlynkeo (Post 5475976)
What ford.... lied about was that " seafood contract is not worth the paper it is written on" well they have stuck to it for everybody else.

He did not have his dogs "stolen" , he had to sell them because he did not have a passport to take them home.

Also "seafood do not pay for the flights" again WRONG. Maybe they didnt for him who really knows I am just saying don't believe all you read there are other sides to his story.

I have no reason to defend seafood, believe me if they crap on us we will leave, but i do believe in fairness.

Also I was with Robin last night and seafood are not looking for any more drivers at the moment as they are fully staffed and have 25 new lorries coming in for the current drivers. Does this now show it is not a recruitment drive?

I would love to answer the wages question you ask but I dont understand hubby's payslip, loafy and chris will know what is what

Fair enough,
but I didn't query any of the other stuff,just the fact that he gave a very detailed account of his take home wages for those 8 days and to me it looks terribly low and the fact that there's no mention of any "extra's".
If the wages are lies too,thats all I wanted to know.:thumbup:
Ref SFE and their "full books" take away the imigrant drivers and how do things stack up,all the natural Canadian truck drivers in PEI can't all have moved to Alberta for the money?:confused:

P.S. I didn't mention anything about a recruitment drive and I don't believe loafy or Chris12 are involved in one.

lilacheart Oct 27th 2007 3:56 pm

The majority of the drivers are Canadian who are very "loyal" to seafood , have been there for years and will more than likely retire from there.

I know of about 8 english people (this includes davie _mac) , there maybe more but we haven't meet them which would have been unusual.

There are a few Germans not sure how many but they seem happy enough.

paulburt Oct 27th 2007 4:31 pm

it shows that those of us who were just about to spend proper money on visiting the place may well be wasting our money!
theres not a truck company anywhere in the world that can just go out and buy 10 new tractor units just becuase they've found drivers who want to drive them!
i wish all those already there the very best for the future but it was clear to anyone that at some point the buble had to burst.

lilacheart Oct 27th 2007 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by paulburt (Post 5476118)
it shows that those of us who were just about to spend proper money on visiting the place may well be wasting our money!
theres not a truck company anywhere in the world that can just go out and buy 10 new tractor units just becuase they've found drivers who want to drive them!
i wish all those already there the very best for the future but it was clear to anyone that at some point the buble had to burst.

Who mentioned "10 tractor units" they are replacing 25 trucks cos the old ones need replacing !

andy_sheila Oct 27th 2007 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by kerlynkeo (Post 5476151)
Who mentioned "10 tractor units" they are replacing 25 trucks cos the old ones need replacing !

A majority of companies now get there trucks on a 3 or 4 yr lease so when the lease is up, they simply replace them with new trucks on a new lease as is probably happening at SE.
The effective economical working life for a truck is 4 yrs

Gremmie Oct 27th 2007 5:14 pm

Over the past few months many Truck mags have run stories and articals on the Driver sittuation or the lack of them. Many companies be it large,middle or small have gone on record stating that if they had the drivers they would and could increase their fleets,to accamodate the increase in staff as they have the work/loads.
Most companies lease their trucks,run them till the warrenty is finnished then exchange them (4years). I even heard of a company that bought/leased 150 new tractors on a 4 year contract,and knew the name of the south american company that would take them over there after:blink:

Big Truck Oct 27th 2007 5:15 pm

PaulB,
have you seen the posts about "Paul's Hauling" on the Manitoba Thread?
Interesting that they apparently have LMO's and can offer PNP via an imigration agent and possibly very few nights away which intrigues me the most!!:)

lilacheart Oct 27th 2007 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by andy_sheila (Post 5476164)
A majority of companies now get there trucks on a 3 or 4 yr lease so when the lease is up, they simply replace them with new trucks on a new lease as is probably happening at SE.
The effective economical working life for a truck is 4 yrs

Thank you Andy-Shelia, this is exactly what is happening,

I at no point inferred that they now have 25 extra drivers . They are just fully staffed now.

I hope it has saved some people money, stay in good old uk