British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Trucking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/)
-   -   SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trucking-118/seafood-express-loafy-chris12-488210/)

DAVIE_MAC Nov 8th 2007 6:30 pm

Re: SEAFOOD EXPRESS... By LOAFY & CHRIS12.

Cheers Dude.

Always a catch eh sure there must be a way round it.

andy_sheila Nov 8th 2007 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by koogar (Post 5529129)
I had it so I could listen to live football from the old country mate (125-126). There's also a pretty good show called 'world soccer daily', which is on 10am-12 noon Pacific time.
Blue collar comedy (jeff foxworthy, Larry the cable guy etc) is pretty good (channels 103-105) but does get repeated.
BBC world news (141), 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, (5-8), lots of oldie stuff (for gremmie ;) ) radio 1 (11?) rock, pop, country, playboy, weather (184-185), travel for big US cities, disney, NFL, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, SPL :unsure: ..... anyway, pretty good.
$12.95US a month (I think), billed to a credit card, and you need a US address to register (or at least you did when I registered in Aug/Sept 06 (I just used our LA terminals address)).
The actual receiver/transmitter cost me $100US back then, but you can get cheaper/more expensive versions.

you can pick up an XM radio for about $30 now (Petro truck stops) and register it to your Canadian address. For decent reception you need at least a "mushroom antenna"
Sirius is better (IMO) but more expensive to buy, mine is built into my head unit and i never have to retune, i have never lost a signal wherever iv'e been, just for a second or two when i go under a bridge or tunnel and it doesn't like metal bridges.
The music and comedy channels do get very repetitive in regards that they will play the same song by the same artist 3 times a day, there is a collection of artists they favour as well.
All in all, it's worth the money.

DAVIE_MAC Nov 8th 2007 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by andy_sheila (Post 5529731)
you can pick up an XM radio for about $30 now (Petro truck stops) and register it to your Canadian address. For decent reception you need at least a "mushroom antenna"
Sirius is better (IMO) but more expensive to buy, mine is built into my head unit and i never have to retune, i have never lost a signal wherever iv'e been, just for a second or two when i go under a bridge or tunnel and it doesn't like metal bridges.
The music and comedy channels do get very repetitive in regards that they will play the same song by the same artist 3 times a day, there is a collection of artists they favour as well.
All in all, it's worth the money.

Cheers Andy.

Koogs mentioned about a USA Address to register with how have you got round this if this is still the case.

TA

you need a US address to register (or at least you did when I registered in Aug/Sept 06

andy_sheila Nov 8th 2007 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC (Post 5530650)
Cheers Andy.

Koogs mentioned about a USA Address to register with how have you got round this if this is still the case.

TA

You can register both XM and Sirius with a Canadian address but you will get slightly different programming, ie. some french speaking channels with CA sub. I'm not sure of all the differences in channel line up but i am 110% positive about the registration, i have done both.

Big Truck Nov 14th 2007 1:27 pm

Can somebody answer the following:
1.Does PEI have the highest tax in Canada?
2.Does PEI have the highest unemployment in Canada?
3.Does it cost $40 to take your car over the bridge?
4.Does it cost $65 to take the ferry alternative?
5.If you where a teenager would you be happy living on PEI?
6.Looking on MLS.ca PEI seems in proportion to its size to have a higher than average number of houses for sale,why?

lilacheart Nov 14th 2007 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Big Truck (Post 5553663)
Can somebody answer the following:
1.Does PEI have the highest tax in Canada? Not sure, 16% here at the moment 10% and 6%
2.Does PEI have the highest unemployment in Canada? no , it was announced on the radio that the island is at crisis point as there are not enough workers for jobs at the moment . This is great for us because it will push the wages up and eventually the house prices. We have been told that the house prices will triple here in the next 4 years ( and not by a real estate agent who wanted our business , we had already brought a house from him) PEI is the last bit of canada to feel the boom.
3.Does it cost $40 to take your car over the bridge? yes everytime you leave the island, you wouldn't need to leave it often maybe for holidays there are enough shops and things to get what you need, no disney shop though :sneaky:
4.Does it cost $65 to take the ferry alternative? yes and it is a gorgeous trip
5.If you where a teenager would you be happy living on PEI? I think so there is a huge university and colleges, the island has loads of teenagers, charlottetown is buzzing at night, lots of pubs and live bands
6.Looking on MLS.ca PEI seems in proportion to its size to have a higher than average number of houses for sale,why wouldn't know, how did you work this out??

Big Truck Nov 14th 2007 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by kerlynkeo (Post 5553745)
[/COLOR]

Thanks again Kerry,
as for the house question its just what I thought looking through MLS but I suppose I'm trying to judge its geographical size in proportion to population and house sales.
If NS is roughly the size of Ireland then maybe PEI would be approx the size of Northern Ireland then the number of houses up for sale would possibly be average enough.:thumbup:

Scott66 Nov 14th 2007 5:07 pm

November 2007 stats

for all the provinces were - with previous month in shown in brackets:

Newfoundland and Labrador 13.5% (13.6%)
Prince Edward Island 10.1% (10.5%)
Nova Scotia 7.6% (8.0%)
New Brunswick 7.6% (8.2%)
Quebec 6.9% (6.9%)
Ontario 6.0% (6.2%)
Manitoba 4.0% (4.2%)
Saskatchewan 4.3% (3.8%)
Alberta 3.4% (3.6%)
British Columbia 4.4% (4.3%)

pete d Nov 14th 2007 7:50 pm

Wheres Loafy and Chris they ain't been on here for a while, come on lads let us know how your getting on :blink:

Scott66 Nov 14th 2007 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by pete d (Post 5554974)
Wheres Loafy and Chris they ain't been on here for a while, come on lads let us know how your getting on :blink:

Well yes good point.

They started this thread now have done a runner and let it go to the dogs.:confused:

koogar Nov 14th 2007 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Scott66 (Post 5555533)
Well yes good point.

They started this thread now have done a runner and let it go to the dogs.:confused:

and cats?

lilacheart Nov 14th 2007 10:49 pm

They are both fine and living here with me at the moment.

They will both be posting soon

Scott66 Nov 15th 2007 8:44 am

Originally Posted by kerlynkeo (Post 5555748)
They are both fine and living here with me at the moment.

They will both be posting soon

I thought they both had big houses with 10 acres of land...has something gone wrong then why would they need to stay with your family and why the silence......mmmmmm.

All is not well in the big brother house....or no house and land that is.

confused.com :confused::confused::confused:

Big Truck Nov 15th 2007 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Scott66 (Post 5557234)
I thought they both had big houses with 10 acres of land...has something gone wrong then why would they need to stay with your family and why the silence......mmmmmm.

All is not well in the big brother house....or no house and land that is.

confused.com :confused::confused::confused:

I'll stick up for the two guy's here,:thumbup:
I think they both have the intention of building a new house each on plots of land they have spyed.;)

lilacheart Nov 15th 2007 10:02 am

They are staying here for a few days until their containers arrive. They had to leave the apartment and didn't have furniture so they are crashing here until they can unpack their things

Chris is back out on the road and loafy's family have arrived so both busy....

I do nag them to come back on here :thumbsup: